ATRL's Song Contest 12 | Winner Announced (pg.522)

mxtthewdelrey

7 hours ago, eteru said:

Why are some people questioning other people's own criteria for judging? ?

Um probably because people’s criteria should be the same so that people know what their entry is being judged on? You cannot mark things fairly with different mark schemes.

Its kind of up to the host ( @mxtthewdelrey ) to dictate to us what the competition is fundamentally about and how the entries should be marked by the competitors.

Edited by Fruity

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• Kylie Jenner

• K$Ellie

• Lukey

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, prézli said:

They're like those

Reveal hidden contents

Beyoncé

songs were good. :ahh:

Probably much better than what you sent! Lmfao

Edited by Fruity

27 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Its kind of up to the host ( @mxtthewdelrey ) to dictate to us what the competition is fundamentally about and how the entries should be marked by the competitors.

But at the end of the day the host gave us no criteria to follow. He just said "rank these tracks", not "rank these tracks based on/considering this and that". So we abiding by different judging methods was a given.

5 minutes ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

But at the end of the day the host gave us no criteria to follow. He just said "rank these tracks", not "rank these tracks based on/considering this and that". So we abiding by different judging methods was a given.

This is true but then it’s also a given the results will be inconsistent and this not particularly fun debate will continue for the remainder of the game. 

34 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Probably much better than what you sent! Lmfao

Enjoy your WP. Mess with anyone else.

ivcf4yZ.gif 

2 minutes ago, Fruity said:

This is true but then it’s also a given the results will be inconsistent and this not particularly fun debate will continue for the remainder of the game. 

I'm sure that now that this hot mess has been a thing since page 9, the host will try to lay the criteria for all the other rounds.

Or we could just let it be and don't discuss the topic anymore. 

I quitted the Games section last year because of people who went too insensivite, personal and bitchy to other members. Sad that nothing has changed since then and they keep forgetting that this is just a GAME. I was asked to join this season, I was like "why not, I liked this tournament because I like discovering new music through it". If I judge on risk, that's my own thing. I judged on quality, though, but I like risk too. Opinions are different, and thank god for it.

If this round is causing such a divide, should it not be an introduction/tester instead and we all know what criteria people rank songs on now from their comments in the thread and if we get eliminated, we get eliminated?

6 minutes ago, prézli said:

I quitted the Games section last year because of people who went too insensivite, personal and bitchy to other members.

Is this a joke? The absolute lack of self awareness. :toofunny2: You were the one laughing about other people’s song choices :toofunny2: I didn’t even choose a Beyonce song despite her being my fave yet if you’re going to laugh at people, trying to make them feel inferior for their taste, then it’s likely someone will respond. Pot kettle black.

22 minutes ago, prézli said:

Enjoy your WP. Mess with anyone else.

ivcf4yZ.gif 

I will not get a WP for that and even if I do, I won’t care.

Let me put it this way, if I started a story writing game tomorrow, I wouldn’t let half my judges rank primarily on creativity and the other half rank on spelling/grammar unless it was made clear that both were equally important in the format of the game. Everyone needs an objective/criteria to aim for otherwise the purpose of the whole game becomes confused.

No one has to send experimental/avant garde bops but I'm not gonna rank a safe entry high if it's something the entire forum has heard :cm:

5 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

No one has to send experimental/avant garde bops but I'm not gonna rank a safe entry high if it's something the entire forum has heard :cm:

So even if it’s objectively your favourite song of the group you would put it in the middle?

6 minutes ago, Fruity said:

So even if it’s objectively your favourite song of the group you would put it in the middle?

If I had been ranking the first group, I probably would have put Get Naked somewhere towards the top but not at #1 because it's a really safe choice :michael:

15 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

If I had been ranking the first group, I probably would have put Get Naked somewhere towards the top but not at #1 because it's a really safe choice :michael:

Yeah this is my view

I mean isn't a big purpose of this game to discover new music and sending songs everyone already knows kind of defeats that?

If you want to judge it just based on quality I won't hold it against you but thats not how I see it.

Lord, why is everyone being so messy. The banned artist list is gonna be after 3 uses rather than 5 like I said. You rank the songs based on personal enjoyment, has this not always been the case? :michael:

Song 18 - I was gonna send this, it was one of my potential choices anyway. VERY RISKY! 
Song 19 - A male.. Oh wow. This is alright, I'm not really into his music. VERY RISKy! 
Song 20 - Surprised to see her, this is okay, it doesn't scream standout. VERY RISKY! 
Song 21 - It's very loud isn't it. VERY RISKY! 
Song 22 - I did not expect anyone to send her... VERY RISKY!
Song 23 - Sounds very cheap... VERY RISKY 
Song 24 - Love the instrumental, the voice doesn't irritate me, her latest album is great. VERY RISKY
Song 25 - Very old and cheap, sounds horrible. No offence. VERY RISKY THOUGH! 
Song 26 - Instrumental is different and stands out. VERY RISKY!
Song 27 - Oh no thank you mam. VERY RISKY!
Song 28 - This sounds really good! Like really good... Oh wow. VERY RISKY 
Song 29 - Ah another potential song I was going to send in! This is a great song. VERY RISKY. 
Song 30 - Some of these songs are sounding the same to me. VERY RISKY! 
Song 31 - Yeah, no. VERY RISKY 
Song 32 - This isn't great, but in this bunch of songs, it's great. VERY RISKY 
Song 33 - Not as good as the other song. VERY RISKY 
Song 34 - White noise. VERY RISKY 

Sent.

If my song doesn't make it over those songs, something isn't adding up.

Song18: I saw her live last Friday and this was the opener. I love this song so much!

Song19: I hadn’t heard this one from him. I liked it a lot.

Song20: Whoever you are GOD BLESS YOU + have an EXCELLENT day. This song is GODLY.

Song21: The ending of this song blew my brains out. (in a good way) I was kind of bored in the beginning/middle but I like how the track fluctuated.

Song22: Hell yeah.

Song23: I was hooked the second I heard the beat. This is a new song for me but wow, this is definitely going higher up in my rankings.

Song24: I wasn’t really feeling this but it’s not a “bad” song by any means.

Song25: I liked you submitted something a little darker so it’s a nice contrast from the other entries. I wasn’t a fan of it though.

Song26: The production on this one is really interesting and I loved her vocals.

Song27: One of my favorites from this album - great choice!

Song28: There wasn’t anything special about this.

Song29: This was cute, but not memorable.

Song30: I really, really liked this one - it kept me interested all throughout.

Song31: This bored me and I don’t see it as much of a risk really, just a bad choice.

Song32: The production was pretty stagnant throughout and although the vocals are excellent, the lyrics didn’t stick with me. It was kinda boring.

Song33: Oh ****, this song is so timeless/cinematic. (as most of her discography is) Though it’s not one of my favorites from that album, it’s much stronger than many entries in this category.

Song34: Talk about ending this round with a BANG. Holy ****, this song is FANTASTIC. Maybe I should give this album a listen.

Ok I got a few positive and some mixed/negative so I should be fine :flower:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.