ATRL's Song Contest 12 | Winner Announced (pg.522)

mxtthewdelrey

seriously song I sent was so not me, maybe It woulda been safer if i sent a more mee song :( I hope I make it but i doubt I will now.  I really wanted to send a song in that is amazing and different that nobody has heard yet

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mxtthewdelrey

• Kylie Jenner

• K$Ellie

• Lukey

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings sent!

My song is getting mixed reviews so I'm not sure if I'm staying. 

But imo overall this round is a bit underwhelming. Nothing 'wowed' me tbh.

Favoring those songs/artists that I haven't heard before. Mainstream and pop are in my bottom half.

18 - a little boring and long (just like the album tbh) but it's a decent choice 8.5/10

19 - recently getting into him, I like this one :jamming: 9.5/10

20 - hmmm I don't like her but this kinda bops 8.5/10

21 - meh... 6.5/10

22 - I won't rate this super high cause it's a safe choice but yeah masterpiece 9/10

23 - lol I really don't like this 3.5/10

24 - oooh someone chose her, I like but the vocals are a little extra 8/10

25 - I have no idea about this song or who sings it? 

Spoiler

It kinda gives me Evanescence vibes

and I hate them so... I guess it's not terrible though 5.5/10

26 - 

Spoiler

BANKS vibes?

It sounds kinda dark and twisted in a cool way 9/10

27 - lmao why this song?? 5/10

28 - uhhh... points for riskiness I guess 6/10

29 - basic 4.5/10

30 - 

Spoiler

oh is this kpop?

props for the risk but I just don't like it... 4/10

31 - ... 2/10

32 - yeah you have to be in a very specific mood to enjoy this, it's not bad though 6.5/10

33 - lol, I do like her though and this is a pretty song 8.5/10

34 - yas 9.5/10

Oops I rated the songs but never sent my ranking lol, let me do that rn

6 hours ago, potent said:

I won't rate this super high cause it's a safe choice but yeah masterpiece 9/10

Again, why does it matter if it's safe or not? It's the first round.

Just now, rl231 said:

Again, why does it matter if it's safe or not? It's the first round.

It matters to me cause some people thought out of the box and came up with good unique choices that are still being rated well by the voters. I feel like sending that song by that artist was just kinda lazy but that being said I'm not gonna rank it last or like even in the bottom half

5 minutes ago, potent said:

It matters to me cause some people thought out of the box and came up with good unique choices that are still being rated well by the voters. I feel like sending that song by that artist was just kinda lazy but that being said I'm not gonna rank it last or like even in the bottom half

I mean, that's fair, but I feel like this game is based more on how you like the song, regardless of risk. It's like if someone were to send some super risky song that's mediocre, but then there's a safe song that's better than that risky track, so I'm going to rank the safe song higher. Different strokes obviously, but I feel like this risk talk is pointless because it's not really the point of the game.

I really think all the risk talk is BS. You just send in songs you like. And yeah, when I first played I sent in songs that were by relatively unknown artists BUT still mainstream sounding and I did well almost every time. I placed in the Final 4 my first season and the final 5 the season after. But the season after is when I started to faulter. 

Hell, I even thought sending in Carly was a risk because when I first played, it was 2013 when most people here still hated her for Call Me Maybe, but I placed third and that the very first round. 

But those games I also served longetivity, except the last season sumthin hosted. I'm hoping @mxtthewdelrey isn't going to rush through this because the longetivity and all the rounds you got to play was a pretty cool thing

7 hours ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

waiting on: @Lucky#17 @Queen Conchita @Lukey @potent @-mUsIcLoVeR- @wesleywalrus @Kamil24 @Verge of Obscene

also @eteru @Loveyoubxtch please stick to using one PM thread cause I'm almost out of storage thanks xxxxxxxxx

did you forget about me? i also haven't sent :fan:

31 minutes ago, thecptz said:

did you forget about me? i also haven't sent :fan:

Mess it's just because you've pmed me to say you'll be sending your rankings :dies: I just looked at all the people who hasn't replied to their PM thread

iima do this once i get home from work

5 hours ago, eteru said:

Why are some people questioning other people's own criteria for judging? ?

They're like those

Spoiler

Beyoncé

songs were good. :ahh:

Wait. that voice on song 25. :jonny: I haven't heard from her since 2010. She was my favorite from that season! 

song 09 :flame: whew whoever sent this i love you :heart2:

song 17 is my favorite song of all time :clap3: i love you too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.