Drag Race All Stars | Our first (and last) ALL STAR!

Citrus

42 minutes ago, Rhisiart said:

The stocking dress in the Tim Burton runway was inspired by Sharon Needles' political runway look because I watched all of Season 4 in the Logo marathon last week. I thought it'd be a negative to bring up other queens in my write-ups and the look felt empty. :emofish:

Hearing the constant edit critique is very frustrating because I over-edit my entries (I had to recycle so much paper for this :skull:) and they still end up a mess. Overthinking is my worst enemy I guess, and I can do nothing but continue to hone my focus and eye when editing and hope I finally land that sweet spot. :'(

Serving Disasterina critique ahh. You'll get there, your looks have upgraded a lot from your season anyway (or ever since the s4 ball) It's just that its all stars so don't get discouraged. You pay a lot of attention detail and thats good, just don't focus on a theme to a T, head to toe. Try to bring other simplistic elements that alone wouldn't be like "oh this is a cherry blossom/petal thing", "oh this is serving doll patchwork". 

Edited by Aciid

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Citrus

• Buddy!

• Vulnicura

• Tsareena

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Aciid said:

D1KHxto.gif

you shut your fat ***** mouth

Bless, Faye must've blown most of his steam off by the time he got to me. I was more hurt by first week's critiques I'll be honest. :laugh: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Lémur said:

I'm updating the draft, was there a top toot

Yeah. It's in Faye's video.

1 minute ago, Lémur said:

I'm updating the draft, was there a top toot

Colleen

• ATRL Moderator

Top Toot gets 5 points even though it's just one judge's opinion? That's pretty interesting!

9 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Top Toot gets 5 points even though it's just one judge's opinion? That's pretty interesting!

You’re right it’s very interesting only one judge could be bothered to contribute to FPR

• ATRL Moderator
30 minutes ago, Lémur said:

You’re right it’s very interesting only one judge could be bothered to contribute to FPR

Bothered to contribute? giphy.gif

Essentially, we all wrote fashion reviews this week except Moonchild (Aciid even included "boot" and "toot," and I even gave a top toot to Carbon's death look), and we all evaluated the looks last week too. FPR is just specifically Faye's thing. We weren't invited. So it seems a bit arbitrary to assign all those points on what 1/5th of the judging panel thought about the runway. But then again, the draft winner doesn't really get anything anyway, so it's all good!

D1KHxto.gif

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

We weren't invited.

Guests are happening from next challenge onwards. If you want in just hit me up. Have a few lined up already.

d thanks! I absolutely knew I bit off more than I could chew with doing two looks, but I'm glad white mediocrity prevailed! :gaycat2:

30 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

d thanks! I absolutely knew I bit off more than I could chew with doing two looks, but I'm glad white mediocrity prevailed! :gaycat2:

Congrats :hug:

5 hours ago, CHANEL™ said:

I'm proud to see my sisters succeed, especially my fellow Neurotic Nancy henny. :heart2:

so fake when you were judging me for giving her a #1 earlier

UiWDn9z.gif

I mean I wasn't asked to contribute to FPR, but my opinion definitely holds more weight than some people who have been. If some people want their own little corner to be king of the mountain then ok I guess, but making it anything like official or meaningful is messy. 

Anyway, Carrie's right in that the draft is nothing anyway. So it's not worth the hassle.

D1KHxto.gif

FPR is just a side gig. When Aciid and Carbon did it I always enjoyed the extra insight into how they felt about looks. Heck, I was the one who did the call out chart for S3's FPR. Aciid's a busy girl though so I knew after S4 if I wanted FPR back I'd have to do it. If anyone else wanted to they could have stepped up to host, I had no qualms about that. I'm MORE than qualified to host though. Won a ball, had several fashion highs anyways and hello: I won Season 4. Diversity showcased in EVERY sense of the word.

It's literally been GO since late 2016 with this series for me. Competed back to back, then hosted the Queens Rate and now I'm a judge and doing FPR. I'm not about to sit here and have myself denounced quietly, because I have contributed a lot. The shade is coming in from all directions but you know I already had a season where I was invisible, then another where I was underestimated so I'm used to the status quo of getting sh*t on all the time.

26 minutes ago, True Skarlet said:

FPR is just a side gig. When Aciid and Carbon did it I always enjoyed the extra insight into how they felt about looks. Heck, I was the one who did the call out chart for S3's FPR. Aciid's a busy girl though so I knew after S4 if I wanted FPR back I'd have to do it. If anyone else wanted to they could have stepped up to host, I had no qualms about that. I'm MORE than qualified to host though. Won a ball, had several fashion highs anyways and hello: I won Season 4. Diversity showcased in EVERY sense of the word.

It's literally been GO since late 2016 with this series for me. Competed back to back, then hosted the Queens Rate and now I'm a judge and doing FPR. I'm not about to sit here and have myself denounced quietly, because I have contributed a lot. The shade is coming in from all directions but you know I already had a season where I was invisible, then another where I was underestimated so I'm used to the status quo of getting sh*t on all the time.

Breathe sis, we love you you know that

I, for one, am praying we're not doing another ball this week. I sincerely doubt it, but who knows. :mazen: 

Top toot counting is just a fun lil addition that I didn’t come up with, it doesn’t have to count / count as much d

11 hours ago, Rhisiart said:

I'm excited to see what ***** will give us.

are you really?

D1KHxto.gif

1 hour ago, Hug said:

I, for one, am praying we're not doing another ball this week. I sincerely doubt it, but who knows. :mazen: 

Get ready for the rainbow ball, where you make a look for every color 

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Get ready for the rainbow ball, where you make a look for every color 

The Tymps shade.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, True Skarlet said:

My comment wasn't meant to be shady or to **** on your opinion, if I'm one of those directions you speak of. I love FPR and am actually bummed there won't be video versions for the next few weeks because I think they're fun (and I like having the image on the screen while you critique). I just don't see why 1/6th of the judging panel has such an impact on the draft, because that doesn't make much sense to me from a logical standpoint. But I just talked to Tymps and we're going to add +5 points for my "Top Hoot" of the week, aka the girl that makes Carrie Messiah laugh the loudest, so we're all good!

mariah_laugh.gif

Edited by feelslikeadream

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.