Drag Race All Stars | Our first (and last) ALL STAR!

Citrus

2 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Moonchild doing results despite not doing judging this week

giphy.gif

? Check the judges' PM and score sheet again

giphy.gif

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Citrus

• Buddy!

• Vulnicura

• Tsareena

Top Posters In This Topic

f0bEAUL.png

Episode 3 - Homo Shopping Network

Judges' Critiques

2014-04-22_11_58_41.gif

Carrie said...

Pixel and Colleen:

I like that you identified your audience so specifically in the beginning and then made your products so that they catered to that specific audience. It made the presentation feel cohesive and thought-out. I wish there were more details given about the products; they fit your theme, but don’t say much about the queens who inspired them, so I wish there was some more of that. However, my cookbook actually did a better job with that; I SCREAMED at “It’s also checks your grammar” and the fact that there was a typo in that very sentence [It's]. The “co-hosts who hate one another” shtick is a bit overdone and I don’t think y’all added much to the genre, though I appreciate the poison gag at the end. The web ads were a nice touch and boosted your presentation score.

Runway:
Colleen, I love this look overall. The wig is serving me too much Nicki (that’s pink, not blood red), but I like the pincushion aesthetic, which does blends your styles well. Pixel, I like the idea behind your look and carrying the dog on the runway. Again, your creativity helps elevate your looks. The look is still a step up overall. This dress has a very simple/classic silhouette, which makes it not blend well with Colleen’s look; I kind of wish there was more cohesion between the two looks when I look at them side-by-side. 

Gladys + Pea:

Wow, another Tangerine tanning product. But I think yours was funnier, since you brought Tangerine into it more. The Citrus Blender video was amazing, from the Koko story to the vomiting sounds at the very end. The love story that followed the video wasn’t as funny for me, but it was fine. The ARBK was also really cute and I love the references to previous seasons, which is so apt for All Stars. I like the Kunty frame narrative here, but I do wish there was a little more Pea and Gladys; y’all were reduced to assistants and it would have been nice to see you interact a little. In the end, I got so much Pea from this entry; that’s a good thing since Pea is the funniest queen here and this was essentially a comedy challenge, but it’s a bad thing in that I don’t know where Gladys fits into this entry which makes me question how effectively you worked together. 

Runway: 

Gladys, your drawing aesthetic worked pretty well with this Puerto Rican theme, which was cute overall if not groundbreaking. I like the gradation in the top dress and the big black wig. Pea's look was less strong, but I didn't mind it overall. While I like the “two sides of a Puerto Rican girl” thing you have going on, I also have to admit I don’t see these looks as being distinct enough to either of you to show me how you’re blending your aesthetics. I see Gladys in her look, but that’s it. 

Chanel + Carbon: 

Unsurprisingly, this entry was very informed by past seasons, which I appreciate. Some of the humor was funny—like the opening joke about Chanel coming in second, the vibrator thing lying, Chanel being a dedicated Carrie fan (though that’s more truth than joke), and some of the rapport when the wall broke down between you two (like the depression part). However, I don’t find generic bitchiness that funny or interesting, and such a large part of the humor was based in that, which made it feel a bit one-note. I was also fatigued with Chanel’s superiority complex by the end; a joke or two about your delusion about deserving the S1 crown is all good and fun, but it appeared half a dozen times and dominated two of the products. When a product about Faye Shull turns into another opportunity to harp on S1, I stop laughing and start feeling a little concerned for you. Also, Carbon got a little bit lost here. The products were fine overall. The Pichu-Pikachu-Raichu settings were a cute idea and I like the political angle of the book. The perfume was the best, of course. 

Runway: Your styles blend together well and I like both looks in isolation (especially Carbon’s; Chanel's is rather basic in comparison). However, I’m smh a bit at you both wearing mushroom cap headpieces (and also having wide shoulder looks). Paired with your black and white color scheme, there's a bit TOO much cohesion. The looks feel safe overall. 

Stone + Melanoma: 

Tommy Mottola, my physician :ahh: The pills had so many references to MC and CM (like how Rainbow is my least fave album) that it felt so researched somehow… Did you get tips from Chanal? You have the disadvantage of being last in the list of entries, so your second product was a bit overshadowed by the earlier product that was very similar to it. Yours felt rushed and less considered. The Decision Maker 3000 was also kind of referenced in the Carbel entry, so that also felt less fresh. Still, I like the art you made for it and the Moonchild inclusion at the end. This script was so short. This is a good thing usually, but I don’t think you maximized your chance to really show your personalities in the script, so the overall presentation felt somewhat nondescript. 

Runway: Y’all have a similar issue that I had with Carbel in that your looks are too similar. Seeing two belted bathing suits on the runway one after another (plus two ushanka hats) is not super interesting. I typically don’t like too much skin in runway looks on a drag runway (since a lot of queens have man bodies), but I guess I’m OK with it here though I still narrow my eyes a bit. 

TOP HOOT OF THE WEEK: The Citrus Blender video (esp. the Koko backstory)

Aciid said...

I might not send critiques. I thought Melanoma and Stone would be my bottom but I guess the runway helped a lot? fff kinda in shock

Tangerine said...

Pixelleen:

Very cute. None of the products were laugh out loud funny to me but they all made sense and had some good writing backing them up so I really can't fault you on anything in this entry this week. The Carrie cookbook was your best product though and I think Faye's probably was the weakest. I loved the ad parodies y'all did and it was good to see nobody's personalities got the shaft in this. Pixel just as satanic as ever, Colleen still a huge ****. Both of you got to play a role, be yourselves and have jokes. Seemed like a really fair combination and you guys did well.

Runways:

Colleen: This look is really good, but I didn't quite get the Pixel connection til you mentioned that the hair was meant to be blood red. Yup, that'll do it. That matching dalmatian fur was a good idea and makes you guys match well without too much crossover. A really good look from you this week, I'd wear it.

Pixel: Let's be honest, everyone knows you're not the fashion queen but this is is a point saying that maybe you could be. Not a perfect look by any means, but really good and probably one of the best looks you ever submitted. I love the dress and headpiece, my only complaint is that I think that the earrings are a bit too much with the collar, choker and veil already up there. Still nice though. 

Peadys:

I love my guest spot. The idea was a bit of a low hanging fruit, hence so many others using it but yours was my favorite. It just brought in that irreverent Pea humor that works so well with the outlandish nature of such a product.The video though, that had me rolling. The script was hilarious itself but even just the woman and her quirks, the big Filmora banner and Cher playing in the background. I loved it, it made me laugh so much. The only possible negative for this is that Gladys had very little role, but the final result was so good that I'm wondering if that's really important?

Runways:

Gladys: This is cute and safe. It's good to rep your heritage, but it could've been dragged up a little. As it is, it's a fine look and I like the hair and the colours, but I just don't have much to say about it.

Pea: This is similar in some of my critiques to Gladys's look, but I do like the more edgy feel to this one. The midriff, the baby hairs and the ultra long hair. I like this look but I don't love it. At the same time, I really like the synergy between the two looks without being too close.

Carbnel:

The dynamic in this one is similar to what Pixelleen did up there, but given that you two are so close it goes a bit above and beyond. Most of the jokes land, sometimes they go a bit flat however but I would say overall the effect worked well. Obviously the product inspired by me was the best, and the way you captured my likeness was uncanny. The Carrie perfume was also a cute little section. Not a big fan of the book however, I thought you guys went a distance without a laugh at points during that. Overall quite a good job, though I think you guys might've gone further if you had been in a less comfortable pairing.

Runways:

Carbon: Gorgeous. Idk how Chanel let you walk out with this blatantly overshadowing her, but  I assume you just spritz'd her with some Carrie bathwater. I love the look because it is something I could see either of you wearing while staying to your aesthetic. The penis hat though... Not sure if I love or hate.

Chanel: This is nice. I appreciate the inversion of colors from Carbon's look and this is quite fine by itself but I can't help but feel it's another Chanel look. I'm getting little Carbon from it. I love the hat though, and the shape is nice. On another week it might be a shoot, just not this one.

Stonoma:

f y'all still coasting on Stoner her boy looks? The Milk of ADR. First props to Mel on her graphic design, she usually does it well (ignoring last week) and it always brightens up an entry and gives it some extra polish. And stan for my looks, the best fashion queen of S3 repping. The Carrie pills and spinning wheel were very cute, some giggles here and there. I'd say the wheel was your best product but some of the punchlines for the pills were quite good. I feel that my product was the weak link, it just felt like a lot of writing with few worthwhile jokes. I appreciate the straying away from tan products, but the jokes were still quite similar to what some others did. Regardless, I think this is much better than last season's disaster so well done.

Runways:

Stone: Love the revealed look, very hot but camp which is a difficult combination to grasp I feel. The bikini piece and the heel are gorgeous pieces, and overall the details are all very right on this look.

Melanoma: The look is quite good too, there's definitely synergy here and you snatched the better wig for sure. I appreciate the color variation too. I guess my only complaint is that, like Colleen and Pixel, Stone's look feels more elevated than yours. But that would be me grasping at straws for critiques. It's a good showing anyway.

Faye said...

Pixel + Colleen:
The Tangerine Tanning Bed is cute.
"coming in Tangerine and Nigrita settings" :rip:
Outside of this line I found the writing was fine but everything about the product
was superseded by maintaining the 'this is for those poor wives whose relationship is doomed' shtick. Kind of felt like a lesser Lola entry.

For the Faye Shull BOOTs, here is that classic Hug humour I know. Hug took my constant BOOTs, and literally, are wearing them to comedic effect.
The red font when they talk about the product, the little dig at never getting a TOOT and that graphic were all fun. Nice overall.

Potsticker: Carrie Messiah’s Professional Cookbook got a solid write up too. I have no clue if Carrie is a good cook but WHO CARES. The elements that made the BOOTs write up are all present again except I felt the rapport between Pixel and Colleen was stronger. That Web Advertisement is great, we love appropriate Dame Rose drags.

PEA + Gladys:
I saw Tangerine Spray Tan and thought "Really, another Tangerine skin product?" but my disdain faded away as the comedy just oozed from your writing after the first line.
From begining to end, this was a knockout. Props to Rachel Dolezal coming and stealing the show so that the bank was left empty. Good job.

The Citrus Blender...

aq9Apl8.gif x10000000

The Aciid Rose Beauty Kit was lovely. All the ADR throwbacks were great. I love that each WINNER (except Aciid) got one, but of course a little smile emerged on my face when I saw the Nina to Faye glow up. #CryingWhileReading
Outside of bias, this was just shade done excellently while still fitting the challenge. Poor Koko, her teeth are now shattered from your slick lashings.

Chanel + Carbon:
Adequate introduction sequence, although Chanel being a "hetero host" is as likely as Citrus not being a secret clone of Shane Dawson.
I can't @ you two using Sub's iconic Pikachu photoshoot as a basis for a product. Is it really Tangerine or ADR related? no, but I'll take it over another tanning product.
The Pika Puncha :rip: The settings going from Pichu to Raichu :rip: I LOVE IT. :ahh:

The lead into Carrie Messiah's Eau de Toilette went on too long for my liking but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The product's backstory was cute.

We get to the final product and... um... what? A "**** and Fury" book about me by Citrus?
I thought this was some thinly veiled dig at how I HATE A CERTAIN BOY at the moment but this just turned into a segment on Citrus and his questionable decisions and his love of politics?? What?
The other girls involved me in more meaningful and relevant ways into their entries.
The book cover was fine, having Morrigan on there nets you guys a nice 0.2 point increase.
However the whole segment wasn't funny, should have been purely Citrus focused and didn't correlate to me, or Faye or even Nina Williams, so even though this isn't FPR: Boot.
4 Boots actually so you can put em on and walk away from me.

Melanoma + Stone:
The Skinny Messiah™ Skinny Pills were a nice tie-into Carrie being a Lamb.
I'm sure the shirtless Buddy pic will please Aciid but I enjoyed the adverts, results and Carrie's interview more. Concise but with a few jokes, I enjoyed it.

Sub's faux blackness really getting promo with this challenge. Oh, and there's Rachel again.

“Leading a New Urban Lifestyle” by Tangerine, my shade aside, was alright. The chapter titles being my personal highlight.

"Pixel-Dark-successful-esque Decision Maker 3000"
Wow, my phrase enduring the test of time again I see. This was everything Chanel and Carbon's wack ass book could have been.
However the Decision Maker got no screen time compared to other products, in fact, it was almost like: "Here's the product! . . . Bye!" which is a little bleh. I think generally speaking the entry was good but had less meat on the bone compared to the others.

Moonchild said...

Colleen & Pixel:

I think you did a lot of things well here. I like the little intro and how you have a clear niche audience and tone for your show. The jokes you get in at the judges are pretty accurate, too. I think the biggest problems here were that you spent more time bantering than selling the products and the dynamic between you two gets a bit stale by the end. The Tangerine tanning bed is cute but not too inspired, and you could’ve taken more digs at her. Faye’s boots were a nice kii. Carrie’s cookbook was definitely your best product and I loved all the jokes you got in at her expense. You went for some of the obvious but a lot were original. I screamed at the link to “Potsticker.” Iconic.

Pea & Gladys:

“In a way, this cucumber reminds me of my father.” I yelped. This entry was pretty great from start to finish. You sold your products well and never let up on the humor. You had the best Tangerine product, I think, because of the way you sold it and characterized Tangerine. The Citrus blender was hysterical. The video should go down in ADR history. The Aciid product was the weak link a bit, but it was still very good. And I covered most of my runway critiques in FPR, but I would like to add that I think your runways were the most on theme this week. They were cohesive and told a story about both of you as queens. Great job.

Carbön & Chanel:

I liked this a lot. Though it veered into Trinity-Peppermint at times, I think you did a good job with the “cohosts who hate each other” angle. It could’ve been one-note, but you gave enough layers and complexity because you know each other well. Your products were decent, too. The Carrie Messiah perfume was my favorite and it was cool that you incorporated it for the rest of the entry after you introduced it. I wasn’t sold on the Pika Puncher at first BUT I came around to it the more I read. The Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu settings then the electrotherapy jokes were a kii. Citrus’ book segment was a bit meh, but the rigging jokes were cute. This entry probably could’ve trimmed down some, but overall you did a good job at what the challenge asked for.

Stone & Melanoma:

I think this entry could’ve been fleshed out a bit more. The products and partner dynamics are pretty good, but there isn’t quite enough humor to support them. There’s a good amount of writing here, but it felt more like watching an actual HSN show at times. The Skinny Messiah Skinny Pills were a kii, especially the interview. The Tangerine book isn’t a bad idea, but it feels glanced over here. The Citrus spinning wheel was a good kii, too. The graphics here are great and do a lot with visual humor, so I wish there had been a bit more of it in the writing. What’s here is pretty decent; it just needed some more time in the oven.

Citrus said...

Pixelleen:

This was a cute entry, although the Satanist aspect was certainly more forced than it needed to be. I also don't think utilizing Colleen as a straight man was your best choice, because I think you two could've performed better as comedy equals. The products were fine, although I would've loved a drawing or photo of the Faye boots. Carrie's cookbook was creative and I loved the details of it! Outfits were my fave this week,TOOT for Pixel and SHOOT for Colleen.

Glea:

Bald. I don't know the division of labor on this entry, because it reads very strongly as a Pea work. That being said, it slayed. The Citrus Blender is probably the best product presentation of the round, and I loved the trash aspect of the looks. Really great job gals.

Carnal: 

Color me...tepid? It was a fine entry, but it just felt so so forced. You were off to a great start with the Pikapuncher, but the perfume was middling and the book abysmal. I'm not even a super political gal. I'm pretty sure Shane Dawson has an autobiography out, which you could've photoshopped to have my face or an orange and then changed the subtile to something shady. Idk, it just felt low effort, and that coupled with the cloying presentation and lowkey ugly looks...Boot. Lesson of the week, never pair the current challenge winners in group challenges.

Stonoma: 

All tea all shade, but y'all needed EXTRA EXTRA time to do...this? It has cute moments (like the Carrie Messiah Skinny Pills), but overall it felt rather rushed. I loved the banter you two had, probably the most of any other entry this week. I also ADORED these looks, because they were fashionable and funny in a way that many queens can't do. However, your products themselves felt rather half-baked.

@EJQL8 @Rhisiart @Buddy! @Kylie Jenner @Hug @CHANEL™ @keshaspearsxo @Witch Privilege @Vulnicura @talent @feelslikeadream @Aciid @Subomie @True Skarlet @Moonchild @Lémur @PinkBox @mxtthewdelrey 

@Alena @Stan @Tsareena @Slut

2 minutes ago, Citrus said:

Stonoma: 

All tea all shade, but y'all needed EXTRA EXTRA time to do...this?

it was... a whole lot of both of us being completely busy at different times. i had birthday stuff and schoolwork, ant had his date and some other events. we definitely felt bad that we couldn't punch out more and that it took so long!!!!!

I adored Stonoma's looks. The toys and fur with the garters >

2 minutes ago, talent said:

it was... a whole lot of both of us being completely busy at different times. i had birthday stuff and schoolwork, ant had his date and some other events. we definitely felt bad that we couldn't punch out more and that it took so long!!!!!

n right, no excuses but my birthday was the 2nd, I went out that weekend and wanted to have a LOT of fun because it's my last birthday til I graduate AKA become an adult :cm: then it was yours and i'm sure you had fun.

Plus yeah school work and work as well for me.

2 minutes ago, Aciid said:

thank you :fan:

Just now, Buddy! said:

n right, no excuses but my birthday was the 2nd, I went out that weekend and wanted to have a LOT of fun because it's my last birthday til I graduate AKA become an adult :cm: then it was yours and i'm sure you have fun.

Plus yeah school work and work as well for me.

nnn i completely ****ing forgot it was your birthday too. :skull: i'm still proud of us and i think... we may live? it'll be close. i'm being hopeful.  :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Aciid said:

that was all miss ant!!!! i put mine together in photoshop obvi but miss thing did the styling. it really was both us in the best way

• ATRL Moderator

Wow @ the judges praising all the Carrie products. That's what happens when you take inspiration from greatness :gaycat2:

f0bEAUL.png

Episode 3 - Homo Shopping Network

Results

2014-04-22_11_58_41.gif

This week, you were asked to create dragtastic products and slay the runway in sisterly fashion. Some of your products were hits, but, for most of you, this challenge was a tough sell.

Pixel Dark and Colleen (@Hug and @Kylie Jenner)

Spoiler

Your sister fashions killed, products were...a misdemeanour. You are safe.

Gladys Loves Milk and Pea Enculo (@Rhisiart and @keshaspearsxo)

Spoiler

You gave us funny, honey, and your Puerto Rican mamas run this street, baby. You're both winners, babies! You've each won a Citrus Blender, along with unlimited access to Tangerine's TinyPic account!

Chanel DiAngelo and Carbon (@CHANEL™ and @Vulnicura)

Spoiler

Your products were inventive, but your humor was too familiar. You are safe.

Stone and Melanoma (@Buddy! and @talent)

Spoiler

Your outfits were totally spies, but your products and presentation...should have stayed undercover. I am sorry, my dears, but you are up for elimination.

The Bottom 2 queens have 48 hours from this post to send me a lip sync proving why they deserve to stay. Pleading and pandering will not be tolerated; show me why and how you will be able to slay the rest of the competition. If you do not submit, then you will be eliminated.

2WDvTNs.gif

@EJQL8 @Rhisiart @Buddy! @Kylie Jenner @Hug @CHANEL™ @keshaspearsxo @Witch Privilege @Vulnicura @talent @feelslikeadream @Aciid @Subomie @True Skarlet @Moonchild @Lémur @PinkBox @mxtthewdelrey 

@Alena @Stan @Tsareena @Slut

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Citrus said:

FYI, this week's results are WIN SAFE SAFE BTM2

Why no LOW?

Here comes 7th again, or is it 8th? I don't think the others counted

bGPQOXy.gif

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Why no LOW?

Because it was too close for one to be HIGH or LOW imo. I was gonna do that but MC convinced me otherwise, especially since the LOW team would've outscored the HIGH one 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.