• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• brianc33710

• simmnfierzig

• Lovett

8 hours ago, TheDevilsAdvocate said:

Damn I can't believe Eminem alienated his fanbase that easily 

Well, at 45, he's now old enough to be the father of the majority of fan base. That could be part of the problem.

3 hours ago, Yog said:

Not Bad Taylor :gaycat2:

Sam is also doing well :devil:

We love positivity in this thread :celestial3:

Just now, Coklek92 said:

We love positivity in this thread :celestial3:

And...now you made me regret it. :foxaylove2: 

15 minutes ago, Recordyear said:

Chris Stapleton -2% only:clap3:

And Garth Brooks increases lol.

Country and ex-country (Taylor) acts are slaying :celestial3:

Taylor needs to sell at least 176k copies to reach the 2 million mark :duca:

14 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Well, at 45, he's now old enough to be the father of the majority of fan base. That could be part of the problem.

I understand ageism but I feel like him coming at trump and then getting mad when he didn't respond made it worse. Like he probably could have still done 500k+. His black audience felt like he did it to sell records and his white audience felt person attacked (the trump supporters for that matter ).

On 12/24/2017 at 4:47 PM, Witch Privilege said:

Would have beat Taylor's second week. :alexz: 

Not really!

This is the biggest shopping week in America and even with that, he barely outdid Taylor's 2nd week.

6 minutes ago, frenchyisback said:

Not really!

This is the biggest shopping week in America and even with that, he barely outdid Taylor's 2nd week.

Well, you can't actually say that the same people that bought his album first week now, wouldn't have bought it first week whenever it would've been released. Let's not also forget that he had SNL promo for that week and he had not released as promo single "Untouchable" which is his worst received song so far.

26 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

no hot 100 today?

Dont expect anything before Wednesday :celestial5:

3 hours ago, TheDevilsAdvocate said:

I understand ageism but I feel like him coming at trump and then getting mad when he didn't respond made it worse. Like he probably could have still done 500k+. His black audience felt like he did it to sell records and his white audience felt person attacked (the trump supporters for that matter ).

His fans who support Trump said it didn't matter what he did. At least, most of their comments on YouTube were them saying they would continue supporting Em. I won't asure thousands of them stopped following since the diss.

His numbers are still great. I am impressed at G-Eazy. Well deserved. :eek: 

Taylor is serving longevity. :clap3: 

On 12/24/2017 at 3:40 PM, iHype. said:

4 Ed Sheeran Divide -1 90,000 +29%

42 weeks

+29% :jonny5:

4 hours ago, TheDevilsAdvocate said:

I agree. But the album is also wack too, and it is regarded by many as one of THE worst albums of the year. "Walk On Water" was an atrocious lead single, and wasn't even remotely a hit. A hit song might have carried the album at least over the 300k mark in spite of everything else, but it is what it is.

A fair amount of people who support both Trump and Eminem weren't affected by it, sure. But that doesn't speak for the silent majority of his white fans that don't have an online presence. They were definitely alienated and personally attacked by Eminem's statements, and I don't doubt for a second that they would have picked sides against him. Most people would want to live in an echo chamber and don't want to be challenged by differing views.

So there are a number of factors as to why Eminem has lost his selling power:

-Attacking Trump, alienating fans

-No hit single

-Bad album

-Poor reviews

-Decline of music industry sales in general

-Piracy

-Streaming exploding in popularity

Probably more that could be listed, too.

QueenofCopyPaste
5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

I agree. But the album is also wack too, and it is regarded by many as one of THE worst albums of the year. "Walk On Water" was an atrocious lead single, and wasn't even remotely a hit. A hit song might have carried the album at least over the 300k mark in spite of everything else, but it is what it is.

A fair amount of people who support both Trump and Eminem weren't affected by it, sure. But that doesn't speak for the silent majority of his white fans that don't have an online presence. They were definitely alienated and personally attacked by Eminem's statements, and I don't doubt for a second that they would have picked sides against him. Most people would want to live in an echo chamber and don't want to be challenged by differing views.

So there are a number of factors as to why Eminem has lost his selling power:

-Attacking Trump, alienating fans

-No hit single

-Bad album

-Poor reviews

-Decline of music industry sales in general

-Piracy

-Streaming exploding in popularity

Probably more that could be listed, too.

His UK NUMBERS are amazing though...

Just now, ATRL's WP Magnet said:

His UK NUMBERS are amazing though...

Well, "Walk On Water" performed a little bit better there, and his UK fans wouldn't be put off by his Trump bashing. Ed Sheeran being featured on "River" would have also carried the album sales a little bit more there too, since Ed's an even bigger star over there.

Trump really didn't have THAT much of an effect.

Think about it -- the lead single wasn't charting, it had the worst reviews of anything he's ever done, and he hasn't been talked about truly in years and did almost 300K.

If he had an actual hit, good reviews, and managed press he would've done 500K+. You could say Trump really affected the sales if he had all of that and still did similar numbers.

Taylor with the most increase out of the top 10 we love longevity  :clap3:

8 hours ago, TheDevilsAdvocate said:

Yeah. A lot of Eminem's fans indeed are the young, white, blue-collar workers that voted for Trump. Alienating Trump, and therefore his voters, didn't help him out. These are the same would-be Democrats who supported POTUS Reagan in 1980 & 84. Even at 45, given Ems amazingly steady high sales levels, he should've 500k+. Sou you are right that his anti-Trump rants hurt his fanbase, as his black fanbase would likely have remained about the same. I didn't mean to discount yours or anyone else's assertion that Ems Twitter rants cost him sales. I'm just pointing out that Ems age is catching up with him.

4 hours ago, iHype. said:

Trump really didn't have THAT much of an effect.

Think about it -- the lead single wasn't charting, it had the worst reviews of anything he's ever done, and he hasn't been talked about truly in years and did almost 300K.

If he had an actual hit, good reviews, and managed press he would've done 500K+. You could say Trump really affected the sales if he had all of that and still did similar numbers.

See my reply to @TheDevilsAdvocate post who was right that more than Eminem's age hurt him here @iHype. Many of Ems fans are fairly young, blue-collar, white demographic that would normally vote Democrat who supported Trump due to is platform. Hillary Clinton referring to them as "Deplorables" only brought more of this demographic. Also her commitment to clean energy (not entirely bad), and plans to put West Virginia's coal miners "out of work" (very bad) was a risk they didn't want to take in manufacturing states. When Em ranted against Trump, these former supporters backed away, taking it personally and in turn ranted against them.