#1 Em 197/265k Tay 93/121k; rep tops 1.8m sales and 2m SPS

Duca

8 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The difference between Drake and Eminem is that the latter is 18 years into his career, and should be releasing artistically poignant and classicist Hip-Hop albums, not a compilations of singles where almost two/thirds of them feature every current Pop act.

There is a reason why, from a musical perspective that is, the Hip-Hop community have been lambasting for years now.

The fact that he is 40+ years old and is still releasing "trash" just for the sake of competing with the current crop of "trash", all in the name of profiting commercially, says it all.

His new album is absolutely appalling and was bound to "flop".

It's that simple.

Furthermore, "VIEWS" is a better album, as a whole, than anything Mathers has released since 2004.

:cm: :cm: :cm:

who's at the artistic peak 18 years into your career tho? :huh:

Rihanna /////// Madonna.

definitely not Madonna :michael: 

EDIT: Actually Confessions and American Life were yet to be released 18 years into her career :laugh:

still, it's unlikely for artists to have the last material as good as the one at their peak 

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abrahamjmr

• Movimento Perpétuo

• Lein

• slw84

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

This is the one thing I dislike about this album flopping. Media is going to now paint it as 'this is what happens when you come at Trump!' and turn it into a win for Trump, when it has nothing to do with him.

Eminem released a deadass terrible lead single, and a decline was imminent. He released 2 singles for Southpaw Soundtrack in 2015, and they both missed Top 40. 

He was going to underperform big whether he came for Trump or now.

I screamed!

https://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2017/top-artists

Drake outranks Kendrick's most successful year even in his off-year. That says enough.

I wouldn't call releasing a high profile album with collabs with every hot artist out a off year... Billboard artist charts are irrelevant so? 

Kendrick has the most acclaimed, best selling rap album this year & Humble is coming for Diamond :fan:

omg I thought he'd do like 400k-500k SPS at least..... these numbers are very BAD for him :deadbanana:

Resultado de imagen de oh wow gif

the fact that some people expected him to block Taylor or come close to her :ahh:

Just now, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

The difference between Drake and Eminem is that the latter is 18 years into his career, and should be releasing artistically poignant and classicist Hip-Hop albums, not a compilations of singles where almost two/thirds of them feature every current Pop act.

There is a reason why, from a musical perspective that is, the Hip-Hop community have been lambasting for years now.

The fact that he is 40+ years old and is still releasing "trash" just for the sake of competing with the current crop of "trash", all in the name of profiting commercially, says it all.

His new album is absolutely appalling and was bound to "flop".

It's that simple.

Furthermore, "VIEWS" is a better album, as a whole, than anything Mathers has released since 2004.

:cm: :cm: :cm:

This lie....:dies:...especially when VIEWS was Drakes worst ablum ( if you don't count More Life as an album)

300k sps is very good, especially considering how bad his music is.

And I'm shocked at G Eazy. 90k pure and 150k sps ? wow

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I honestly thought he would do muuuuuch better. This is obviously not bad, Lady Gaga did these numbers too but I thought he would do like 350k.

Lady Gaga did 200k SPS

VIEWS is mediocre AT BEST as is most of Drake’s ****. He’s literally the most boring and safe rapper. Has nothing on Eminem and will never be half of what the former is. 

And Kendrick was much bigger in every single way than Drake this year. A stupid billboard chart doesn’t mean **** 

17 minutes ago, tde said:

Legend Kendrick had the biggest rap album and rap song this year along with the album being amazing :cm:

these Drake stans smh, they forget Kendrick already took the crown

If we keeping it a buck, Drake never had the crown to begin with. 

Poor this fraudulent daddy, he didn't walk on water in the end...

Wasn't he supposed to match Taylor debut? :rip: 

It’s good for someone who’s been in the industry as long as he has. I don’t know how any of you have the nerve to compare a LEGEND like Eminem to these artists like drake and Kendrick who nobody gonna know in 10 year let alone 20! Love yourselves. 

Marshall Mathers LP2 did 800K, coming off Recovery, the biggest album of the year.

MMLP2 wasn't half as big, so that means 500K MAX for this album first week off the jump.

Sales have declined big in 4 years (albeit he is Eminem, so naturally his sales won't decline as big); that means now 400K.

His lead single bombed, which means now 300K.

Trump didn't really effect the sales if you think about it. Stop trying to give Trump power he doesn't have.

ebntlxxf4qp5.gif

I thought Drake was a pop/R&B singer with some rap following. Why is he being compared to Kendrick?

1 minute ago, Lein said:

Lady Gaga did 200k SPS

Oh wait, I did not even notice the "280k-300k sps"... :skull: I read it as 200k sps.

Ok so around 300k is still very good. ATRL is doing the most, as always, saying it's tragic. We're almost in 2018, not in 2012.

Even Jay Z did 278k without Spotify & giving away 1 million copies :deadbanana4: There's no excuse this is a flop

@iHype. I don't know why you are always trying to come with this "knowledgeable" information when it works in Drake's favor. Don't remember you being this dedicated when Mariah Carey and Usher became non-factors on the charts.

ebntlxxf4qp5.gif

Edited by Cap10Planet

omg Right-wing media will have a field day with this :ahh:

Trump's curse

ebntlxxf4qp5.gif

5 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I honestly thought he would do muuuuuch better. This is obviously not bad, Lady Gaga did these numbers too but I thought he would do like 350k.

90% certian it's because of No Limit and Him and I.

17 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

who's at the artistic peak 18 years into your career tho? :huh:

definitely not Madonna :michael: 

Madonna released "Ray of Light" and "MUSIC" in the 16th - 18th years of her career respectively, two albums of which are her most acclaimed and have continued to be deemed as such through revisionist, critical think-pieces.

Furthermore, we are speaking on "Hip-Hop" music here:

- Nas was releasing artistically credible albums after 18 years of his career.

- Wu Tang Clan was releasing artistically credible albums after 18 years of their career.

- Common & Mos Def were releasing artistically credible albums after 18 years of their career...

and many more.

:cm:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

Just now, Tinashebanks said:

Even Jay Z did 278k without Spotify & giving away 1 million copies :deadbanana4: There's no excuse this is a flop

I'm sure everyone can "sell" 100k more with shady reporting of streams :rip: 

Just now, JBJT2786 said:

90% certian it's because of No Limit and Him and I.

Probably.

I'm still surprised these two songs are helping him selling his album though. I would have never guessed he could do that much on his first week.

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Marshall Mathers LP2 did 800K, coming off Recovery, the biggest album of the year.

MMLP2 wasn't half as big, so that means 500K MAX for this album first week off the jump.

Sales have declined big in 4 years (albeit he is Eminem, so naturally his sales won't decline as big); that means now 400K.

His lead single bombed, which means now 300K.

Trump didn't really effect the sales if you think about it. Stop trying to give Trump power he doesn't have.

ebntlxxf4qp5.gif

He's a white rapper, which should've added to his sales since he can appeal to a buying audience (white folk), as seen with irrelevant rappers like Macklemore. Issa flop. His core conservative white base abandoned him.

It's bad, but still the most impressive sales without a tour bundle behind Taylor Swift and Ed this year, correct? 

Bad, but not that bad at all. Add this to his 20 year career full of constant SMASHING and it's not bad at all anymore. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.