Speezy's Best ?|YIKES.. Games Of The Year!

Speezy

♗Speezy's BEST OF.....2017♗                            
Well this is my first time hosting a Best Of so bare with me. So Ill hold Top 40 of each (category which is found below) that was iconic to me this year. Most of them released laste year or in 2015 but had longevity. Also a special category called  Society  which are funny or stellar moments of 2017 that had me in awe.

music_the_legend_of_zelda_1440x900_wallp

♕Best Of♕                

R&B + Hiphop (Female&Male)

Video Games

Society

Spotify/Apple Music(My Top 40)

Edited by Speezy

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop  ♕                   

A little fact about these genres...

They are my favorites. Urban music knocks but that Murmur/Seizure rap is not my cup of coffee 24/7.

Why did I put the two genres together?

Because most of my playlists consist of rap & r&b next to each other. Its like the calm between the storm. I cant listen to RAP or Hip-Hop straight back to back. Niether can I listen to R&B artist's vocal whining and emotional lyrics back to back.

Favorite R&B Male & Female Artist?

Female: Jordin Sparks (non fans/uneducated users will argue she's Pop but only heard her singles) & Dawn Richard (I found out about her career again in 2016 and it took my soul)

Male: The Weeknd ( Rediscovered him in 2015, Overrated?Yes! idc)

Favorite Hip-Hop Artist?

Kendrick Lamar! Like Jordin Sparks, hes my main fave. I dare yall to listen to TPAB & Damn. on shuffle on the same playlist. :jonny: ...If you are looking for Lil Pimp or Lil Uzi Vert to be in the top 30 you are in the wrong countdown :gaycat5: 

Let me start the countdown with 5 Bubbling Under. These deserved some type of mention so why not now :gaycat5: 

45: Kelala - Let Me Know

Let Me Know was a bop right out the gate. The closer I listened to this track the more the instrumental of the track became annoying. Its like some type of errie delay. Nonetheless its a stand out for 2017. ...One of her songs did make my TOP 30 though :gaycat3: 

44: Justin Garner - Fire Away

"WHO?" *screams an atrl guest scrolling through this list*

Dont drag me for using a 2012 track in a Best OF '17. I literally discovered this song & Artist in June-July. It straddles Pop & R&B but I'll let it pass. I mean the production sound generic but i get lost in the chorus (in a good way)

43: Ty $ f/ Pharrell & Wiz Khalifa - Stare

This is a vibe tbh. I know I used the word vibe a lot through out the bubbling under chart but I'm keeping it honest. On first listen I loved it. Sometimes I skip it because Pharell's chorus seems so dragged out (even though its good). Wiz's verse was the best TBH

42: Dj Khaled & Co (Future &Nicki Minaj) - I Cant Even Lie

Okay a bop & a half from Ashad's dad. Its one of those tracks you leave on repeat 24/7. Nicki's verse went hard, cause you know she went to Prague and now she back in the US.

41: Chris Brown - Enemy

Before ATRL scalps me for listening to a abuser, Chris is an Amazing artist and I couldnt help but to click through the iTunes previews to see which ones was bops. Enemy was a stand out and the BRIDGE and Vocals>>>>Wig. I mean a bop is a bop

Edited by Speezy

LMK deserved a main spot. At least she's in the top 20 still. 

The verses on that Khaled song r okay but what's going on with that chorus.  

2 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

LMK deserved a main spot. At least she's in the top 20 still. 

The verses on that Khaled song r okay but what's going on with that chorus.  

:gaycat3: 2 other tracks from the album slays it but imma keep my mouth sealed.

Future's chorus is head nodder. The beat just brings it together I guess 

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #40-35 ♕                   

Oop thanks for sticking around! Here are the next 6.

Some of these songs arent on spotify or ichunes :gaycat5: 

40: Nikki Flores - Say It

Before ATRL clocks me again, Yes White folks can do R&B Some justice. Nikki Flores is known mainly for her writing but those vocals! This track got me through some weeks and months of 2017 :alexz: 

Yall hear them ?:gaycat3: ...good

39:  French Montana f/ Miguel - XPlicit

Flop? Thassa Lie.! I have know idea what French Montana position is in the Music Industry. He surely aint a rapper...he cant sing either.. But this track is sweet...maybe too repetitive.  Miguel and the instrumentals  saved it. Wish French didnt use auto tune :skull: 

38: Elijah Blake - Whatever Happened

A UNDERRATED ARTIST ! I found out about this smooth track by diving into his discography. (I normally like to take a listen at artists who collab with my fave)

This song is a Jam and I cant make it through it without repeating the track just to here the prechorus/hook :jonny: #ICON

37: 6LACK - Worst Luck

SLAY ME :jonny: this is so chill to listen to at night and on a carride. The instrumental ending was the icing on the cake. Also the adlibs/vocals

36: Dawn Richards f/ Krispy Knux - James Dean

I didnt get into this until late 2016. Ive been listening to this like every other month. Its a song I'll  never skip. The beat is slick af and the rapper is literally better than French Montana. DONT @ ME. This wouldve been a nice radio single

35: Logic - Everybody

K. So I got into Logic just before Call -1800-General Now took off. This is probably the true pure hiphop-rap track I have displayed so far. Its short, bouncy and have a contains a true meaning.

Edited by Speezy

R&B hip-Hop top 40 will finish By Sunday 

Where as the weekends will get two updates :gaycat2: So I cant start my Best of Video Games on Tuesday 

Edited by Speezy

LMK didnt make it!!! :weeps: its a bop I LOVE her voice on this track

Dawn Richard is still releasing? Wow! Haven't heard any of those :( 

4 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Dawn Richard is still releasing? Wow! Haven't heard any of those :( 

Are you kidding? Her new albums & songs are amazing.

OT: James Dean is so good! I haven't heard it in a while but when it first came out I played it v. frequently :clap3:

3 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Are you kidding? Her new albums & songs are amazing.

I refuse to support her after everything that happened so I don't really care for her

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #34-30 ♕                   

Let me say that a certain R&B Breakout artist isnt in my countdown. Heard her songs but I havent had a chance to listen to them fully or in a playlist

#29-20 Friday

#19-11 & a Special crowning of #10 :gaycat5:   Saturday

Sun #10(recap) & #9-1

Here are the next 5 though

34:  Drake f/ Young Thug - Ice Melts

Before Young Thug started Camilla's career he was a poppin mumble rapper. Ice Melts is one of the best songs off More Life. Young Thug's inaudibility in the chorus adds to the beat of the track. Even though the more I hear Drake's singing I stray further away from his discography. Literally my liking of his discography is plummeting after every album release.

33: Vince Staples - 745

The album overall for me was a 7.349923/10. He is surely underrated and deserves more success than some of the gibbergabbers that release songs that repeat the same two words over and over :lipton2: But who am I to say who deserves success or not :gaycat2:  This song is one of my favorites off the album and better than the singles

32: Jordin Sparks - It Could Just Be Love

Wow :jonny: everything that leaked after RHRN Era sounds better than certain songs on the album. Jordin confirmed theres a mixed version of this track. This is kinda underproduced and it was recorded in 2012 for her third album with RCAncient. (RCA doesnt work well with Female artists). BTW My faves only song in this countdown :gaycat3: 

31: Jojo - Save My Soul

YAS BITCH YOU DID THAT! I found this track like 3 months ago and flipped because I never knew she released it. She gotta another track in this countdown

30: PnB Rock - Selfish

SCREAMING :toofunny2: every time I hear this song I think of a meme where they have him with a extra long neck. This song is a slinky R&B vibe. The vocal rasp gives it that umph. An the uncredited female vocalist is a plus

Edited by Speezy

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #29-25♕                   

Switched to Spotify so yall faves and mines can get some coins 

Heres the birth of the 20's

29: Sevyn Streeter f/ Wiz Khalifa & Ty $ & Jeremih - Anything U Want

I shouldve left this song out because that title was hella long to type along with the artists like bitch :deadbanana2: Its a sultry club anthem at the least

28:  Tinashe - Company

Give it up for Tinashè...Who constantly serves under-appreciated bops

27: Calvin Harris( Frank Ocean f/ Migos) - Slide

The first half of 2017 I had this song on repeat. It straddles pop a bit but I'm cool with that. Its a track you can get high to or happily burn up your ex's clothes to

26: Ty $ f/ Lauren Jaugeri - In Your Phone

Why yall always in my mentions? :katie2: A deep upbeat track. Lauren & TY$ vocals blend smoothly

25: Kendrick Lamar - Duckworth.

Can we talk about  STORY!? When the album first released I couldnt make it through the song fully only because I was just listening instead of understanding and soaking it in :alexz: (he made the top 25 :eli: ..)..

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #24-20♕                   

[Insert Iconic Tupac Lyric here]

Heres the upcoming traccs

24:  Demi Lovato - Only Forever

I wish a bitch would tell me this isnt R&B. Demi did this. She came through a with a tune that I can vibe and shed a tear out my right eye to.

23: Kehlani - Distraction

:gaycat3: A nice catchy tune! Its nice to blast in the car at like MAX VOL. I wouldnt mind having a car wreck to this

22: Kendrick Lamar - GOD.

You know what. I was telling myself, "Speezy why dont you make a TOP 100 so you include DAMN. and its entirety in there" but I told myself no. Literally had to pull some Kendrick songs out the countdown. Theres probably a good 2 left :eli:. GOD. is one of the stand out tracks of the album for me along with Duckworth. But we will see where those 2-3 other tracks land.

21: Bryson Tiller - Money Problems/ Benz

The one who made Wild Thoughts a hit. King coming through with a bouncy beat. I love the transition of Money Problems to Benz

20: Solange - Dont Touch My Hair

Beyonce where? Fruit Punch..who?

I got into this track on SNL and the chorus got me hooked

Edited by Speezy

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #19-15♕                   

!Boop

here they be

19:  Amine f/ Kehlani - Heebeejeebies

GO AWF! The producation is great. Kehlani lending her vocals is a bonus too. The last 40 seconds 

18: Bruno Mars - Chunky

Throwback vibe. I listened to the album but this didnt stand out until like November of last year. But its not the only song of Bruno's in this countdown :gaycat5: . 

17: Jojo - Reckless.

WOO! Another story :jonny: Jojo did this(again) Underrated Vocal powerhouse can show these autotuning females a thing or ten

15: Tyler,The Creator - I Aint Got Time

I got 2 #15 cause it was hard to chose which one to include into my top 15. But Tyler did this! A bop! The Bars! Qing!

15: Dawn Richard - Voices

Bitch IDK where Rebeccas and Shannons wigs are. Ive seen this on Toonami and I was hooked

Love a lot of these :clap3:

Glad Only Forever got that recognition as an R&B masterpiece!

LMK deserved better though :'(

♕Best Of R&B + HipHop #14-11, + #10 Introduction♕                   

Okay here the birth of my #10 :gaycat2: 

On Monday hope you guys will be ready for Games. On Sunday ill finish the this category of Top 40. And some of the tracks on this specific TOP40 will appear on my personal TOP40. Also my thread views to post count is lowkey iconic :gaycat3: 

14: John Legend -Love Me Now

You betta, you betta.. Ha-ah llll love me love me down... :eli: No but this is a nice tropical R&B bop. It straddles house and pop but on its Wiki page its part Soul. So why not include had

13:  J.Cole - Neighbors

I am by far not a huge J.Cole fan at all. He lowkey serves basicness. But this track right here is probably one of my favorite tracks of his.

12: Bryson Tiller - Run Me Dry

I discovered this song two months ago and havent stopped playing it since. Its a major club jam tbh. I hope Bryson finds the type of success Chris Brown did

11: Kendrick Lamar f/ U2- XXX.

Third Kendrick Song in my countdown. Sorry, I purchased the entire album. XXX. speaks the truth and if you havent experienced a hardship or obstacle then this track isnt for you :cm: 

TOP 10- Elijah Blake - Technicolor(#10)

Can we talk about  a true tribute! This is probably the first solo track ive purchased since Jordin Sparks - It Aint You.  Like I heard it once on the radio and was hooked. Its on almost all my playlists and I mean he did a stellar job on everything correlating with the song. The video honors other R&B-Hiphop Icons too. Hes another artist I wish success to.

I wasn't expecting to see Lauren Jauregui or Demi's "Only Forever"! Love both!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.