It's Raining Diarrhoea: Best of 2017 - Finished x

Diarrhoea

• ATRL Moderator

Havana is better than OMG.  COME ON YOU KNOW IT.

Selfish Love is defintely the strongest thing Jessie Warehouse did this year.  The rest of the album :skull:

Guppy deserved better. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• madonnas

• Unoriginal

• artangels

i feel so lost with all the new rules stanning on atrl. like, there are so many more independent~woman pop songs in the world and they're so much BETTER

charly bliss, jlin + goldfrapp in the albums <3

I hated Guppy at first but guess the Stereogum payola really must have worked cause it grew on me over time :rip: Black Origami was also cute :celestial2: As for the songs lists, Jesus Will Kill You, City of No Reply and New Rules are the ones that I like the most

Im not here for hating new rules for being popular!

a0d4c196537241a9a222a358f23315cb.gif

i didnt even know goldfrapp released :rip: why 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Diarrhoea said:

75 - Dua Lipa - New Rules

Kinda overrated but it's well-written, I wish it had better production though. Genesis and Bad Together deserved its success

72 - Camila Cabello - OMG

I guess it's not a single anymore? A shame, her best single by FAR imo

this ****ing tea :worship2:

61 - Jessie Ware - Selfish Love

Very theatrical, I prefer the Egoísta version but this was a great teaser

i thought this was a single did it get demoted? tragic

27 - Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Distinctly lacking in bangers, but the drudge of the middle-section is made up by career highlights like Ocean

this is a lie

Ocean is obviously great though :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

The middle section of Silve rEye is like.... :mazen:  Is that what the previous album was like? didn't listen obvs, did anyone?

I loved Silver Eye but #27 seems alright for it. Black Oragami I appreciated rather than enjoyed really.

Mercury was great and Selfish Love was among the better parts of that boring album.

1 hour ago, TheWayWeWere said:

why Selfish Love in album tracks section :skull:

20 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

i thought this was a single did it get demoted? tragic

It was hard to differentiate between promo singles (which I counted as albums tracks) and singles. Basically if the artist is a flop they counted as singles and if the artist is big then they counted as promo singles (so for example CIWYW is a promo single, whereas Youth by Hundredth is a single). Jessie Ware kinda straddles the line but I saw Midnight/Alone as singles and the rest as promo singles :gaycat3:

12 minutes ago, madonnas said:

The middle section of Silve rEye is like.... :mazen:  Is that what the previous album was like? didn't listen obvs, did anyone?

The previous album was acoustic, it was cute but completely different

• ATRL Moderator
23 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

It was hard to differentiate between promo singles (which I counted as albums tracks) and singles. Basically if the artist is a flop they counted as singles and if the artist is big then they counted as promo singles (so for example CIWYW is a promo single, whereas Youth by Hundredth is a single). Jessie Ware kinda straddles the line but I saw Midnight/Alone as singles and the rest as promo singles :gaycat3:

The previous album was acoustic, it was cute but completely different

I am really not here for acoustic Goldfrapp.  I'm here for dramatic trip-hop goldfrapp, slutty dance goldfrapp, or power pop/synthpop hybrid goldfrapp and thats IT. 

• ATRL Moderator

OMG :clap3: 

18 minutes ago, madonnas said:
42 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

I am really not here for acoustic Goldfrapp.  I'm here for dramatic trip-hop goldfrapp, slutty dance goldfrapp, or power pop/synthpop hybrid goldfrapp and thats IT. 

stop with that Tales of Us slander :skull: it's not all acoustic and it's good record, some kind of dark version of Seventh Tree

2 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

stop with that Tales of Us slander :skull: it's not all acoustic and it's good record, some kind of dark version of Seventh Tree

That's not slander :flower: it's probably their second-best record imo after Supernature

Just now, Diarrhoea said:

That's not slander :flower: it's probably their third-best record imo after Seventh Tree and Supernature

fixed it for you :gaycat2:

Just now, TheWayWeWere said:

fixed it for you :gaycat2:

Seventh Tree has very few redeeming qualities x

Hard Times, Feels, New Rules :clap3: (the latter is too low xo)

Selfish Love is also a great cut indeed :clap3: 

mess Hungry uses a SAMPLE :jonny: this pretty much cancels my entire write-up that I've already done about how surprised I was that Fergie was doing something so artistic

Feels, New Rules, OMG, CTTR all wonderful pop songs :clap3: also Jesus Will Kill You really isn't that great sorry x

'Silver Eye' was super underrated tbh. :'( Jlin's album is excxcellent too, way better than her debut imo.

2 minutes ago, Rhaegar said:

Exhumed deserved better. Felt the same about Silver Eye.

mess u made it all the way to Mercury in that album :rip: i gave up midway

Don't worry, there are two singles to go and you might prefer their placement x

And I actually really liked the album at first so yeah :cm:

21 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

Don't worry, there are two singles to go and you might prefer their placement x

we do love an underdog story :eatpopcorn:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.