• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• madonnas

• Unoriginal

• artangels

Singles

85 - Zola Jesus - Exhumed

A great opener to the era, but it comes across like a great intro (sorry Doma x) more than a song itself

84 - Goldfrapp - Anymore

This was a really basic opening single but it kinda grew on me

83 - Betty Who - Mama Say

This album is really bad but I love how horny she is here

82 - Fever Ray - To The Moon And Back

This was an era of albums rather than quick little singles, but I want her fingers up my p*ssy now

81 - Dirty Projectors - Cool Your Heart

A bad year to basically replace and discredit his girlfriend, kinda, but a bop nonetheless

80 - Banks - Underdog

The best barking I've heard this year

79 - Hey Violet - Hoodie

This is simultaneously gross and kinda relatable, if only it rhymed better

78 - Rostam - Bike Dream

Awful album with a surprisingly good gay love song on it

77 - Paramore - Hard Times

This threw me off but it's a good opening to a pretty good era, I miss pop-rock Paramore though

76 - Calvin Harris - Feels

Pharrell really sells this song tbh, Katy feels like a disposable Gwen Stefani

Wow so much taste already :clap3: Exhumed and Cool Your Heart are too low though :grump:

"The best barking I've heard this year"

screaming. i rly liked anymore, it gave me the right blend of popjustice-meets-car-advert that i want from goldfrapp :emofish:

wheew taste :clap3: 

4 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

82 - Fever Ray - To The Moon And Back

This was an era of albums rather than quick little singles, but I want her fingers up my p*ssy now

:eli: 

• ATRL Moderator
32 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

80 - Banks - Underdog

The best barking I've heard this year

:clap3: 

Hoodie is actually reeeeeeally cute :blush: I peerpressured it off my list but glad its here

To the moon and back is funny

tenor.gif

Exhumed, TTMAB, Cool Your Heart and Hard Times are my favs from this batch.

A bad year to basically replace and discredit his girlfriend, kinda, but a bop nonetheless

nn you didn't lie; Although it's funny how quickly both his album Amber's albums got forgotten :skull:

• ATRL Moderator

Singles, not songs??

Exhumed is too low.

So is Anymore and TTMAB, though honestly Anymore is kinda just a Black Cherry redux.

Underdog is cute.

Hard Times is really good.

1 entry per artist?

• ATRL Moderator

The entire concept of the DP album is "i'm such a deep artistic soul and you're just a face" but the music is good. 

Singles

75 - Dua Lipa - New Rules

Kinda overrated but it's well-written, I wish it had better production though. Genesis and Bad Together deserved its success

74 - Vagabon - The Embers

The EMOTIONS on this song are real. I feel her pain

73 - Sufjan Stevens - Mercury

The album aged really quick and was too much, but this is a pretty understated piano ballad that works outside of the concept

72 - Camila Cabello - OMG

I guess it's not a single anymore? A shame, her best single by FAR imo

71 - Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm

Not exactly political but a disco bop anyway, her best lead single

Album Tracks

65 - Amber Coffman - City Of No Reply

She went off with that production! If only the rest of the album had this energy

64 - ANOHNI - Jesus Will Kill You

I see why it was left off of HOPELESSNESS but it's just SO much better than the rest of the EP that it's embarrassing

63 - Blondie - Doom Or Destiny

Their best opener in a while and their best uptempo song in ages, great video too

62 - Fergie - Hungry

This basically succeeds solely because of the sample, but what a great use of a sample tbh. It tricks you into thinking that it has a lot more artistic merit than it actually does

61 - Jessie Ware - Selfish Love

Very theatrical, I prefer the Egoísta version but this was a great teaser

Albums

30 - Charly Bliss - Guppy

Maybe the Stereogum payola worked too well on me, but it's a great 90s teen-movie-soundtrack pop-rock throwback

29 - Amber Coffman - City of No Reply

She did a really good job at translating her whole 'stuck in the 1960s' shtick into an album in a way that establishes her own identity whilst leaving it open to Dirty Projectors fans. I hope she does something else soon enough, and gets better album artwork whilst she's at it

28 - Jlin - Black Oragami

Dense thiccccc production that works a lot better than I thought it would, I know basically nothing about her career but she reminded my of the best parts of Olga Bell's Tempo from last year

27 - Goldfrapp - Silver Eye

Distinctly lacking in bangers, but the drudge of the middle-section is made up by career highlights like Ocean

26 - Why Don't We - Invitation

Shockingly not bad? It sounds pretty cheap but all of the songs are pretty good in their own way, other than maybe Turn It Off because songs about technology aren't okay and will never be okay, especially sex songs

3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

The entire concept of the DP album is "i'm such a deep artistic soul and you're just a face" but the music is good. 

Yeah it made me feel a bit... yeah, particularly given the context at the end of the year. I'd have forgiven him if half of the album wasn't completely forgettable

Surprised New Rules is so low :rip:
Jesus Will Kill You is indeed the best song on Paradisia.
Black Origami :clap3:

5 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Singles, not songs??

1 entry per artist?

I'm doing album tracks separately :gaycat3: and nah they can have as many entries as I feel they deserve but I think the most is like 3/4

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Diarrhoea said:

Yeah it made me feel a bit... yeah, particularly given the context at the end of the year. I'd have forgiven him if half of the album wasn't completely forgettable

I played the **** out of it at the beginning of the year but now i'm done with it.  Still Cool your Heart isn't even in my top 5 tbh, Death Spiral and Up in Hudson decimate it!! DECIMATE

Feels is nice! :clap3: 

Coulda been better with a more warm mixing style but :michael: 

Anywhere is a bop :alexz: and not basic, it's classic Goldfrapp :biblio:

Mama Say making your list :alexz: it's a JAM :alexz: wtf @ album slander tho :flower:

Underdog :clap3: amazing jam, very excited about her new album :jonny:

Hard Times is cute, but one of the worst songs on album :fan:

New Rules is kinda low :'(

Chained to the Rhythm :party: it's lovely jam :party:

why Selfish Love in album tracks section :skull:

Silver Eye making appearance :clap3: good album, but yeah, I agree with lack of bangers

Exhumed, Cool Your Heart and Feels are my favorites posted so far. And I also thought New Rules would be higher :rip:

Dua does have better on her album tho. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.