Top Posters In This Topic

• jose168

• madonnas

• Tom Vercetti

• rihannafan

4 hours ago, jose168 said:

Road to top 20:

HMs

Considering the 1 song per lead artist quota, any guesses for Artists that made the prestigious top 20 :keir: songs?

i’m hoping susanne made it

Mess @ me paying you DUST when you served nothing but TASTE :dies: Everything Now, Bodak Yellow, CISNTY, Summer Days, SFTP, LWYMMD, Big Fish, NNDOD, Los Ageless, LMK, this totally underrated The Haxan Legend remix that made FJM's song listenable, Havana, Mask Off, TUOP, Disco Tetas, New Rules :alexz: Delete Brand New though, read this

Dua! I am so happy to see her among your choices! Also mad love for Tove's song!

Disco **** and New Rules are amazing, both are in my top 10 :jonny4:

EE, Dua, Real State and Brand New :clap3:

Disco Tetas está fea. :fan: 

New Rules and Disco **** :clap3: pop done right

On 12/16/2017 at 1:50 PM, jose168 said:

21. Lemon - NERD/Rihanna

nerd-lemon-single.jpg

Rihanna continues to show off her fantastic flow in features this year, dominating a massive chunk of this bubbly funky hip hop number. Reminds me of a good Fatboy Slim song. High Energy!!

Following recent revelations by the good sis @AlexisNeiers #21 has been replaced. Congrats Rihanna and NERD :clap3: 

20. XXX. - Kendrick Lamar/U2

resized_250499-listenup-0425-a_44-22946.jpg

XXX serves as an accumulation of all the frustrations expressed throughout DAMN. in one explosive track. Where many artists do touch on themes of politics, oppression and religion, none do it quite as sharply as Kendrick, and to touch them all in one track and not hold any punches, no one size fits all vague sentiments. whew. 

19. J-Boy - Phoenix

unnamed-62.jpg?quality=80&w=806

I just realized the title is an acronym. wow. A fantastic comeback single with bombast synths. The song is surprisingly quite catchy/infectious, considering it's quite wordy. But Phoenix aren't strangers to a killer pop song anyways.

18. Perro Fiel - Shakira/Nicki Jam

Shakira-el-dorado-cover.png

To be quite honest this is a very biased placement. Shakira could queef and I'd love it :dies: But it's a really good song! Not often does reggaeton have such great melodies. The song caps off at perfect pop song length and the song beginning and ending with the same refrain is genius, it makes the replay value unholy. 

17. Hard To Say Goodbye - Washed Out

wo_htsgb1-1497536218-640x640.jpg

I'm not huge on chillwave but this disco tinged slowmo groove sounds like the best form of elevator music I've ever heard. The helpless break up lyrics sync in nicely with the melancholy, invoking feelings of apathy.

16. Lipgloss - Charli XCX/Cupcakke

charli_xcx___number_1_angel__album__by_yazforevah-db1zcu9.jpg

This song is extremely bubblegum even for charli. So the sharp contrast between the sugary baby robot charli vocals and the explosive verses served by Cupcakke about felacio serve for an exciting contrast. I'd probably replace this with Backseat now though

Oh and upon reflection, i realized how many SNUBS i had in my western list. It is now a top 70 as well. I'll probably do it alongside albums

1 minute ago, jose168 said:

Following recent revelations by the good sis @AlexisNeiers #21 has been replaced. Congrats Rihanna and NERD :clap3: 

:fan:

HTSG was cute at the same time it only confirmed he's already peaked :emofish: Lipgloss, J-Boy and XXX. tho :alexz:

:alexz:The Cure, New Rules, Disco T*ts :alexz:

check out my chart too <3

XXX was great until Bono's part came on, shut up grandpa.

Lipgloss dfjhdfjh what a ridiculous yet amazing song. Backseat is a strong rival though, certainly.

Edited by Vilppu

Love your Kendrick song. The way it made current U2 usable is an achievement.

+2 for J-Boy & Washed Out

One more before tomorrows finals :gaycat4:

if i don't come back i killed myself

15. XO Tour Llif3 - Lil Uzi Vert

artworks-000239795159-e91b94-t500x500.jpg

Effortlessly pulling off this emo trap thing xxxtentacion is trying without sounding a cringe. Which is more difficult than it seems! As it's easy to go from sounding cool and unaffected to sounding like an cringey poser. I firmly believe this song is ahead of its time, as finds common ground between two cultural juggernauts (hip hop and rock). I can see songs like this finesse the next transition of power between the two giants (by post malone probs :sick:)

14. Bad Liar - Selena Gomez

1200x630bb.jpg

The false hope this instilled in me :'( . Backed by a thumping bass interpolated from the Talking heads, the Selena of "Bad Liar" is Selena as Selena is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Selena has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

13. Fortress - Queens Of The Stone Age

qotsa-album-artwork_villains_1000.jpg?quality=80&w=380&h=380&crop=1

QOTSA always deliver on the ballads. They are always grand, quiet yet explosive in a way they only know how. Granted this one has a bit more grove than let's say "I Appear Missing" off ...Like Clockwork, it still successfully evokes emotion. This song comes from a much more mature standpoint as well, dedicated to his kids. daddy :gaycat2:

12. Skywalker - Miguel/Travis Scott

miguel%20war.jpg

The melody :jonny: Miguel never disappoints. It's kind of hilarious that this is taking off with all the star wars hype and I think "Luke skywalkin' on these hatas" can totally become a thing. OH and "I know she vegan, but she want the steak tonight, yeah". HAHAHAHA. 

11. Supermodel - SZA

SZA_-_Ctrl_cover.png

Over a slightly offkey looped single chord and nothing else, SZA vents into nothingness. All her insecurities, spite and frustrations in her relationship. The free space lets her clear her mind and in the end i think she finds that clarity. Someone being so open and honest (and real, sorry taylor) is not very common and it's very refreshing. I think anyone no matter where you come from can relate to parts of this song. 

• ATRL Moderator

:jonny:  So many good pics.

J Boy is a bit low though, no?

A lot of these songs make my list except my pick is not XXX (thats my 3rd fave).  Skywalker got old quickly too I like the Kali Uchis one more. 

Bad Liar :alexz3: Lipgloss is cute but one of the weaker tracks from N1A, cupcakKe snaps on her verses and then the rest is just alright.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.