• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jose168

• madonnas

• Tom Vercetti

• rihannafan

Cherry was kinda cool, low-key did the moody trap thing better than Freak/Art Deco/whatever? Also loved Harry's sing but got over it, I think.

From the previous set LUV Cartoons but also think she did even better this year.

Yay page 3. One more update because it gets juicy from here (at least one atrl-big artist per update from here) and then im off to study for finals :beatfreak: 

50. Dive - Saint Etienne 

saint-etienne-dive.jpg

This song has quite the cha cha to it. Another groovy summer track. Listen if you love an 80s flare ala pet shop boys. And since most of your favs do 80s inspo now you should!

49. Sugar for the Pill - Slowdive

5a32bfc80d433cf18126d4309f572536.jpg

A dreampop dream. The opening chords are breathtaking, and while you drift off throughout the song they always pop back up to real you back in.

48. Look What You Made Me Do - Taylor Swift

5c8131af7d5d20f3c8f296538af74308.1000x1000x1.jpg

It's the """Dark""" emo sister to Shake It Off. The songs campy childish lyrics to the tune of of 90s smash "I'm too sexy" is hilarious, and in contrast there is sleek multimillion dollar clean production. The song sounds great. Did it get old? incredibly, but it is as the kids say "a bop" and hilariously probably the most daring a pop girl has been this year.

47. Turn No More - Public Service Broadcasting

0809e038d85b2a7fa340ad1cec8a54d6.1000x1000x1.jpg

James Dean Bradfield adds some much needed dynamic vocal performance to the often fantastic collages of sounds put together by PBS that are usually left to fend for themselves, which gets dull sometimes. One of my favorite rock songs this year, listen to the single edit it's cleaner.

46. Motorsport - Migos/Cardi B/Nicki Minaj

4876d47720e5d5ba1d79891838ed92cf.640x640x1.jpg

Cardi B's high energy performance once again steals the show here, but everyone here pulls their weight and hits hard. The sheer amount of 1 liners here make it great ear candy and just a goodtime overall. 

Suicide Doors, Britney Spears!

• ATRL Moderator

Yes stan for Taylor's best song.

Motorsport is cute

I didn't know Saint Etienne released this year?  Let me listen.  They're kinda hit/miss with me though sometimes they're too smooth and I just get bored. 

• ATRL Moderator

I've gotten Slowdive and Ride confused literally all year long.

i think look what the liberals made me do was actually grossly misunderstood and the camp i'm too sexy chorus was def the best thing about it, i just wish the verses committed more to the camp factor

slowdive <3 tho not my fave off the album. excited for ur top 50 sis!

HMs: Mo Bounce was frontloaded for me as well :keir: Still a cute bop. What Lovers Do :jamming: Feel It Still :smitten:
#65-61: Vintage :date: Not in my trinity from the album, but very nice. | #60-56: Burning is alright :-*
#55-51: Cherry + Eyes Closed :) Sign of the Times :worship2: D******o being right above it is an INSULT!!!
#50-46: LWYMMD making it into the top 50 whew :clap3:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Remmy said:

HMs: Mo Bounce was frontloaded for me as well :keir: Still a cute bop. What Lovers Do :jamming: Feel It Still :smitten:
#65-61: Vintage :date: Not in my trinity from the album, but very nice. | #60-56: Burning is alright :-*
#55-51: Cherry + Eyes Closed :) Sign of the Times :worship2: D******o being right above it is an INSULT!!!
#50-46: LWYMMD making it into the top 50 whew :clap3:

Despacito is double Puerto Rico representation. Kinda had to

14 minutes ago, bluth said:

i think look what the liberals made me do was actually grossly misunderstood and the camp i'm too sexy chorus was def the best thing about it, i just wish the verses committed more to the camp factor

slowdive <3 tho not my fave off the album. excited for ur top 50 sis!

:rip: 

true, after stan goggles are taken off its almost dull. But its week of boppage made it worth a mention. Excited for yours too :heart2:

36 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I've gotten Slowdive and Ride confused literally all year long.

mess

37 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Yes stan for Taylor's best song.

Motorsport is cute

I didn't know Saint Etienne released this year?  Let me listen.  They're kinda hit/miss with me though sometimes they're too smooth and I just get bored. 

The album is a snooze but i loved magpie eyes and dive

55 minutes ago, Ari. said:

Sam :clap3: 

Sign was the best on his album :alexz: 

absolutely, nothing came close to the magnitude. A praying tea

55 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Cherry was kinda cool, low-key did the moody trap thing better than Freak/Art Deco/whatever? Also loved Harry's sing but got over it, I think.

From the previous set LUV Cartoons but also think she did even better this year.

I loove art deco too, icwym. I was gonna put cpr over cartoons but a future entry kinda made it moot to add imo

57 minutes ago, Dom said:

sign of the times is amazinggg.

shes a cute girl

59 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

Cherry :alexz: one of the best LFL album tracks :alexz:

Eyes Closed was cute at first, but there's many better tracks on album :fan:
SOTT :clap3:

true, cherry, groupie, love, godbless and change were my favs

1 hour ago, Tom Vercetti said:

Nice to see Joywave here. Cherry's fine and Eyes Closed was an alright The Weeknd impression. 

Joywave got flack this year but there are some great cuts on content

1 hour ago, Rigalo said:

Choerry :heart2: I like when she says **** and ****

me too! bitch

• ATRL Moderator

Actually the verses to LWYMMD are just as servicable!!

They give me Tim Burton meets Pretty Little Liars vibes. 

"Sign of the Times" was great - unexpected from Harry and kinda brilliant.

Obviously "LWYMMD" was one of the biggest smashes of the year - it had a cool, albeit "inspired" video, but nonetheless - it's catchy.

Sugar for the Pill is one of the prettiest songs I heard all year. And Cherry is perfect obvs. :heart2: 

LWYMMD is kinda low :fan: It's not aged that good, but I still love that bop

Motorsport :party:

YES at LWYMMD :clap3:

Vintage is such a bop, my fave on CollXtion II :katie2: Bodak Yellow is alright :flower:

Eyes Closed is obviously a slay but one of my least favorite on hfk :shutup: Cherry :flame:

UGH So many stannable songs king!

Declan :heart2: 

Edited by LoKoPaNdA

Sugar :heart2: A highlight. Also feeling the Public Broadcast track.

The pet shop boys comparison for Saint Etenne has me curious. 

3 hours ago, jose168 said:

49. Sugar for the Pill - Slowdive

5a32bfc80d433cf18126d4309f572536.jpg

:jonny: I made justice for this song even when it flopped in my countdown :cm: 

LWYMMD is the only song I like from this update, but I'll stay perched anyway. :cm:

love Sugar and love how Cardi elevates Motor. I don't hate Crook as much as I did when it dropped but RFI did the camp thing better imo (or maybe it was unintentional)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.