AlexisNeiers' Best of 2017

World Eater

• ATRL Moderator

Good HMs!  LCD and Charlotte coulda made the main list.

I never listened to the Courtneys cause I really liked the album cover but also was worried it might be secretly boring. 

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

JLin, Kelly, and Laurel could have made the main list but great choices so far for shout-outs :clap3:

• ATRL Moderator

oop don't know the hm's. seen some on official year end lists though 

oop poor LCD

Spoiler

not really my music tbh, so I ain't mad that this is just a mention

Mess I only listened to LCD from this list. Fine for it to be snubbed I guess since it ain't their best record.

I tried to listen to that Kelly album but I got pretty bored after a few songs.

5 hours ago, prézli said:

Poor LCD.

3 hours ago, Same Ol' Mistakes said:

Poor LCD :fan:

3 hours ago, Zay said:

I really enjoyed LCD's album ngl

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

oop poor LCD

Reveal hidden contents

not really my music tbh, so I ain't mad that this is just a mention

39 minutes ago, Clueless said:

American Dream :weeps: so ****ing good

Mess nn, I wouldn't say it was much of a surprise they didn't appear on the main list. Although still enjoyable, American Dream clearly wasn't on the same level as their last two albums :michael:

3 hours ago, bluth said:

omg so many good ones in ur hms. rest, black origami, capacity, kelly lee owens :'(

poor lcd. hihi

I think I'll eventually end up regretting not putting Capacity on the main list, it keeps growing on me with each listen :jonny:

5 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

Poor Joey and Charlotte. Charlotte's album was a very pleasant surprise but Joey's effort didn't really hold up as the year went on. A nice effort nonetheless. Surprised to see LCD as an HM though!

Edit: Surprised to see Kelly is even an HM. It didn't really grab me out of the few times I did listen to it but that could change if I sit with it some more.

5 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I keep seeing Kelly in these HMs like what happened

Jlin, Forest & Laurel as well. Poor Bleep Bloops.

Joey's is definitely hm material. 

Yeah I thought the same way about AABA :'( The replay value wasn't as high as I initially thought it would be, which is a shame. I still think it was worth mentioning in the HMs because the highlight are :flame:

5 hours ago, madonnas said:

Good HMs!  LCD and Charlotte coulda made the main list.

I never listened to the Courtneys cause I really liked the album cover but also was worried it might be secretly boring. 

The Courtney's cover fits the album imo, it's a cute and bubblegummy indie record :cm:

44 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Mess I only listened to LCD from this list. Fine for it to be snubbed I guess since it ain't their best record.

I tried to listen to that Kelly album but I got pretty bored after a few songs.

I gave Kelly a go when I saw was Jenny Hval on the tracklist :rip: I get why you may have not liked it, I kinda expected it to be more immediate I guess idk. It sounded much better after a few listens though :foxaylove2:

8tyqQvo.png

Okay, I didn't plan on doing this, but to keep the thread even more active I threw together a playlist of songs that were close to making it to my song list :cm: It doesn't neccesarily mean they are placed at #51-100 though

downtown boys!! great album, especially the first three songs

the charlotte gainsbourg snub though!!

Edited by Kingfisher

I can't be mad at most of those HMs, poor Big Thief deserved a bit better tho.

AlexisNeiers

Lots of good songs in that playlist, a nice idea!

I hope Go Get It being on this list means it's the only Slowdive song to appear here cause it's possibly my SOTY and no other song from that album deserves higher

vuhexrt.gif

Seeing lots of great songs in that playlist though :gaycat3:

omg, so many amazing sings in the hms, incl. some of my top 10s :-* slowdive, fever ray, vince, kendrick, thundercat, charli, lorde... too many to name!

LCD :chick3: na początku nie byłem przekonany, ale kiedy zapomniałem o poprzednich dwóch albumach, zaczęło mi się bardzo podobać.

Charlotte i Kelly były ładne, ale HM pasuje.

So low for Delicate :fish2:

Last year was better. I'm unstanning :-*

Capacity and American Dream :clap3: v cute and def HM worthy albooms

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.