? Wicked's 2k17 Year End Thingy | #1 SHOW REVEALED

Wicked

• ATRL Moderator

I bet at least two worsts will be on my faves ngl.  But I love ur descriptions so I’ll enjoy anyway.  

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• Playa Playa

• Tom Vercetti

• Maddox

i love the design in the OP so im in lol

261n0f.png

mu4g0l.png

Ed Sheeran - Galway Girl

:ahh: 

Katy Perry  Swish Swish

T*ylor S*ift won... 

Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club

This song had me crying for all the wrong reasons :'(

Bhad Bhabie (cash me outside chick) - Hi Bich

You know this would actually be a bop for the beat alone, but the fact that this child is getting all this support for this behavior, along with other things, while already proving this is an act is too much. It's cringe. This trend of exploiting Hip Hop is a no go for me.

6ix9ine aka Tekashi - Gummo

What is going on that something like this might be more tham a local hit? He can't even rap, it's like cadence is out of style all of a sudden. Why is he so damn angry too? The video is awful too for this exploitation of Brooklyn gang culture, when he's not about that + been exposed locally here for using it to boost his image. :doc: 

Liam Payne - Strip That Down

No sir! But, get money, Quavo!

SZA - The Weekend

The struggle vocals, the struggle lyrics (what is this faux deep mess lmao, it's NOT that deep). Remember when side chick anthems were classic bops? I do. This is a mess. So is the rest of CTRL.

DJ Khaled - Wild Thoughts (w/ Rih & Tiller)

Talking about cremating ***** is arguably the worst lyric of the year. It was okay before Tiller came on, nice bargain bin version of Maria Maria.

DJ Khaled - I'm the One (w/ Quavo, Chance, Bieber & Wayne)

This is the laziest posse cut ever, why is Bieber here too? Why do people put him on these songs? "Don't let the only real one intimidate ya" :doc: But, get money Quavo [2] He deserves it!

Edited by Wicked

I only like Rih's parts in Wild Thoughts and don't care for Tiller so by all means go in on him. I gave Duke some props for Swish Swish production but the video (one of the worst of the year) pretty much ruined the song for me. The rest are either bad, haven't listened to (hi Bich :rip: ), or don't care for. 

Yeah, I'm the One = "lazy"

Katy's album sucked but I liked Swish Swish! And I can't lie, I've been catching myself singing the chorus for The Weekend even though I'm not a fan of the song lol

The rest suck...Especially Galway Girl. That would definitely be in my worst songs list. 

Hi Bich, Weekend, Wild Thoughts are good! Although Tiller is no Jeremih, you right on that

Trying to go through life hearing as few Sheeran songs as possible so I'll trust you there cuz I'm with ya on the rest.

When I saw this website stanning down for Swish Swish I was both surprised and not surprised at all.

10 minutes ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I only like Rih's parts in Wild Thoughts and don't care for Tiller so by all means go in on him. I gave Duke some props for Swish Swish production but the video (one of the worst of the year) pretty much ruined the song for me. The rest are either bad, haven't listened to (hi Bich :rip: ), or don't care for. 

Hi Bich is arguably the most cringe song on the list... Listen at your own risk. :'(

5 minutes ago, Playa Playa said:

Yeah, I'm the One = "lazy"

Katy's album sucked but I liked Swish Swish! And I can't lie, I've been catching myself singing the chorus for The Weekend even though I'm not a fan of the song lol

The rest suck...Especially Galway Girl. That would definitely be in my worst songs list. 

It's a catchy chorus, but the faux deep aura of the song is too much for me. It's not that deep lol.

261n0f.png

vlzahk.png

600x600bb.jpg

What happened? YSBH was very good, this is not? There's no personality, weak melodies, some spots sound like the same song. Is this Jhene Aiko influence?

600x600bb.jpg

Throwaway R&B, a new genre, fit for the SZAs & now Kehlani's of the world. A song of struggle, this kind of strikes me as Tumblr's answer to Reality Show (Jazmine Sullivan). Stop comparing this to Velvet Rope or A Seat At the Table.

600x600bb.jpg

The most boring album so far, why is 2017 R&B so disappointing... 

600x600bb.jpg

I used to not mind Ed Sheeran, he had decent songs. But idk what this is lol. It's one of the most obvious attempts at manufacturing a smash album, but it's not even enjoyable. While both Bruno Mars & Ed Sheeran were considered successful "pop boys" of the 10s to have less than decent albums, Bruno delivered a solid body work that holds up and doesn't make my ears bleed.

600x600bb.jpg

Katy never had good albums, but this is a new low for her.

600x600bb.jpg

Joanne's ugly stepsister lol. At least that had Beck & Josh Tillman-assisted bops. This doesn't, so.

600x600bb.jpg

I don't get why this was so bad to me, I enjoyed The White Album but this is one of their worst, if not THE worst. Maybe they can bounce back, maybe not. I'd rather they stop making music altogether. 

600x600bb.jpg

Why was this so acclaimed online? It was poor. Also Jens voice is annoying. Not for me.

Galway Girl is the ONLY Ed song that I like.

But I HATE Wild Thoughts because it was about to destroy Maria Maria, but talent won in the end.

Weezer's album was disappointing, I 100% agree. White Album was good!

Katy Perry wants to be current all the time, but her albums are full with fillers.

I expected more from  SZA's album as well.

261n0f.png

hn6mio.png

600x600bb.jpg

The first episode was good interesting but then :doc:

600x600bb.jpg

I don't think I can do it anymore, y'all. This is the worst szn since szn 2 :rip: I can't...

600x600bb.jpg

This used to be one of my favorite shows, for it's close examination of toxic masculinity & ignored abuse but it has fallen so badly off the rails I had to quit. The most recent season is one of the worst things I've seen. A+ level talent like Liev Schrieber should not have to do THIS. Showtime ruining another show/with another DUD.

I respect your choices. Thought the CTRL album was fine but it's not my favorite from her. I agree that Kehlani faced a decline over the year and I don't care for her right now. White Album showed promise but the moment Weezer released Feels Like Summer (which belongs in a worst of songs list), I realized it was a fluke. I wasn't familiar with Jens before this year but there's a couple of tracks that I use. 

• ATRL Administrator
24 minutes ago, Wicked said:

261n0f.png

hn6mio.png

600x600bb.jpg

As with any Duplass Bros production, it's ':biblio:' in TV form

i watched one episode of room 104 with the babysitter and the kid and i just couldn't. and i stan hard for hbo everything. 

ctrl is gonna grow on you one day. just wait :!ohno:

1 hour ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I respect your choices. Thought the CTRL album was fine but it's not my favorite from her. I agree that Kehlani faced a decline over the year and I don't care for her right now. White Album showed promise but the moment Weezer released Feels Like Summer (which belongs in a worst of songs list), I realized it was a fluke. I wasn't familiar with Jens before this year but there's a couple of tracks that I use. 

Feels Like Summer was on my worst list, but I wanted to cut it down. The original list had 20 songs. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Topmaster 2 said:

TEA!! 

:celestial5:

1 hour ago, Lee!! said:

As with any Duplass Bros production, it's ':biblio:' in TV form

I'm feeling like this is the case. They are heavily overrated, I don't even want to try Togetherness anymore.

1 hour ago, montrealxo said:

i watched one episode of room 104 with the babysitter and the kid and i just couldn't. and i stan hard for hbo everything. 

ctrl is gonna grow on you one day. just wait :!ohno:

Same here, love most of HBO but that was a major no for me.

:celestial5:

Worst movies tomorrow, then my music list will start Friday, my day off. :celestial3:

I enjoyed Ctrl quite a lot so I can't agree with your SZA picks but I respect it :duck: Kehlani fell off soooooo hard though. Like I feel there was some obvious label influence considering how bad SSS was in comparison to YSBH :rip: There are a few songs that warrant it going back to it so I wouldn't put it on a worst albums list but I can see why others would :beatfreak:Jens Lekman was solid though :rip: surprised you didn't like it. More or less agree with the everything else (though I find WT's tolerable only for Rih)

Galway Girl and Swish Swish are CORRECT choices but you did NOT just drag SZA for filth :tsk: 

Agree with CITC:clap3:

Younger Now did not deserve all those lashings :'(Thinkin Malibu Love Someone & Bad Mood all go off

261n0f.png

hn6mio.png

600x600bb.jpg

But 'Voyeurs' was easily the best episode?

Edited by Allstar

Just finally drop The Walking Dead already, I mean we can only go through so much repetitiveness and uninspired, bored drama disguised behind tacky action.

• ATRL Moderator

Whew!  Only song I disagree about is SZA but even then that's not like an absolute fave of mine.  Hi Bich/Swish Swish/I'm the One aren't that bad IMO but.... I'm not gonna defend them. 

Gummo is the worst.  WHy is he yelling?  and then in the video he isn't even showing any energy its like he's mumbling but yelling is coming out 

• ATRL Moderator

Props to you for making it through Younger Now. 

Liam's STD lost! I'm the One I would bop to sometimes on the radio but it is kinda ****.

I actually only listened to that Kehlani record on your worst of albums - that's good! I thought it was dece (but I never listened to her other stuff).

23 minutes ago, madonnas said:

Whew!  Only song I disagree about is SZA but even then that's not like an absolute fave of mine.  Hi Bich/Swish Swish/I'm the One aren't that bad IMO but.... I'm not gonna defend them. 

Gummo is the worst.  WHy is he yelling?  and then in the video he isn't even showing any energy its like he's mumbling but yelling is coming out 

:ahh: RIGHT

Witness is my fav from Katy lol

And everyone hates on Younger Now but I REALLY enjoy it (well most of it at least)

And again, I dont get the hate for Pacific Daydream because I really enjoy it too lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.