Billboard Charts (February 12-18, 2017)

iHype.

"it's only because of Super Bowl!!!" 

the same haters who said she will never do super bowl because GP and straight's hate her

:sistrens:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• brianc33710

• umich

• alexanderao

47 minutes ago, roman19911 said:

Really? Isn't there a chance that Katy, I Feel It Coming & Bruno will all jump ahead?

I don't think there is a chance for Bruno to go ahead.

im happy for gaga but why are we bringing katy into this lmaoo she only remixed last friday night/discounted it for it to go #1 

2 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

If the song is discounted you are comparing apples to oranges but whatever helps you sleep at night.

You shouldn't go there, but since you did, lead single Perfect Illusion sold 100K in its first week and wasn't discounted.

IJe7huF.gif

Edited by H-I-M

I mean, if the song wasn't promoted at Super Bowl, it wouldn't never go to the top 10. But slay and congrats, I guess. I'm happy for her.

IJe7huF.gif 

Just now, SilencePlease said:

If the song is discounted you are comparing apples to oranges but whatever helps you sleep at night.

giphy.gif

we're comparing the bigger picture tho..

cause even me, i'm rooting for Katy cause i'm tired of this urban, hiphop, rap artist dominating the chart..

but let's accept the fact she bombed (at least in her first week on digital sales)

now let's focus on supporting pop girls, cause hell we don't know when will these pop girls still be around.

but i won't knock gaga for what she did. it was a seriously smart promo move, and i do like her in the end so i'm glad to see her do well. i guess part of it is that this makes me concerned that the minute the discount goes away, the song will drop like a rock. i'd be disappointed if that happened

20 minutes ago, SilencePlease said:

Well performing a song in front of 117.5M people and have it sold at $0.69 is unprecedented and over the top imo. But you gotta play with the rules, I guess.

Hasn't the song been discounted since like forever too? 

giphy.gif

yet if your fave ever did it, you'd probably be defending it to the high heavens. 

giphy.gif

idk why everyone is acting like MR is the first song in history to be discounted on iTunes, since nearly half of the top 50 is also discounted. she's also not the first to promote a single at the Super Bowl in front of 110M people. Gaga is playing her cards right and her team clearly knows what they're doing. It's not their fault that its actually working. 

giphy.gif

Edited by alejandreaux

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

If you're bringing Roar 1st week sales then why don't you bring up BTW? 448k in 3 days? :toofunny2: 

The way you need to discredit other artists to make your fave look better is just sad. 

448k of BTW to 240k of APPLAUSE to 100k PI is not bad of a decline..

i really don't wanna drag these issue cause i love katy, i just wanna clock kats trying to clock MRs sales..

now, let's move on and celebrate that they'll both be having their 14th top10..

SilencePlease
1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

we're comparing the bigger picture tho..

cause even me, i'm rooting for Katy cause i'm tired of this urban, hiphop, rap artist dominating the chart..

but let's accept the fact she bombed (at least in her first week on digital sales)

now let's focus on supporting pop girls, cause hell we don't know when will these pop girls still be around.

And I admit Katy is struggling (to an extent) but that doesn't deny the fact that Gaga is over-exploiting the weak points of the Hot100 rules, imo. That's all I'm saying.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I don't think there is a chance for Bruno to go ahead.

Great to hear :) IFIC doesn't have as big jump as other performed songs, so maybe it can stay below LOTB too? 

But great to know that at least #10 should be secured

2 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

You shouldn't go there, but since you did, Perfect Illusion sold 100K in its first week and wasn't discounted.

IJe7huF.gif

And wasn't performed at the biggest award ceremony of the year as well.

IJe7huF.gif

2 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

If you're bringing Roar 1st week sales then why don't you bring up BTW? 448k in 3 days? :toofunny2: 

The way you need to discredit other artists to make your fave look better is just sad. 

BTW 2011 => 448K (in 3 days)

Roar 2013 => 550K

CTTR 2017 => 50K

Applause 2013 => 218K

Perfect Illusion 2017 => 100K

IJe7huF.gif

Just now, accelgors said:

but i won't knock gaga for what she did. it was a seriously smart promo move, and i do like her in the end so i'm glad to see her do well. i guess part of it is that this makes me concerned that the minute the discount goes away, the song will drop like a rock. i'd be disappointed if that happened

i'm afraid that'll happen if radio AI is still not enough for it to stabilize..

Just now, H-I-M said:

BTW 2011 => 448K (in 3 days)

Roar 2013 => 550K

CTTR 2017 => 50K

Applause 2013 => 218K

Perfect Illusion 2017 => 100K

IJe7huF.gif

Gaga declined faster than Katy, point? 

Just now, roman19911 said:

Great to hear :) IFIC doesn't have as big jump as other performed songs, so maybe it can stay below LOTB too? 

But great to know that at least #10 should be secured

Will post numbers later today. Can't really say that with any certainty without looking into it.

1 minute ago, SilencePlease said:

And I admit Katy is struggling (to an extent) but that doesn't deny the fact that Gaga is over-exploiting the weak points of the Hot100 rules, imo. That's all I'm saying.

giphy.gif

and imo, the GP buying Million Reasons for .69 cents is more "credible" than them just going to stream "Bad and Boujee" and "Shape of You" on YouTube for free by the millions

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Starkboy said:

Gaga declined faster than Katy, point? 

If that's declining faster to you then I know what I'm dealing with.

9 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

Yes 3 days and then went on to do 225K which was much better than some :gaycat1:

MILLION REASONS #4!!

9 minutes ago, Rawr said:

im happy for gaga but why are we bringing katy into this lmaoo she only remixed last friday night/discounted it for it to go #1 

OMG. Tell em. :gaycat5:

Just now, H-I-M said:

If that's declining faster to you then I know what I'm dealing with.

Gaga declined by 2013, Katy by 2016. 

I don't think you know who you're dealing with, does a bandwagoner who is suddenly stanning Gaga again even knows who he stans for?