RIAA: JAY Z 4:44 certified PLATINUM

Aziah.

King of shady platinum certs! :ahh:

I really feel like this + tour bundles are going to be the new norm :doc: Nobody's buying music anymore so artists/labels are just finding ways around that.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadnews

• liberalmusiclover

• Ascension

• FutureHive

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You completely missed the point of my post. Jay's albums were given away for free and counted. Unless they start counting free albums from his peers, then it's unfair.

I understand how RIAA works. They have never included free downloads before and just because Jay is cheating the system doesn't mean it's okay.

Clicking download on a free link is not the same as buying an album. The difference between downloading an album for free and gifting a $10 album is literally $10. A $10 difference is a big deal.

If he doesn't need it, then why does he continue doing it? Why is he so convinced he needs this mediaplay? 

Tour bundles are albums whose sales are built in to ticket prices - meaning people actually pay for them. Discounted albums are albums bought at a discounted price - meaning people actually pay for them. Free album downloads not paid for.

It doesn't matter how his last album sold. He's now over certified by at least 2M which is a scam :sorry: We'll see if he tries to undermine Nielsen next with some huge report of TIDAL streams.

Um yes they have. The RIAA certified his last album and Rihanna's platinum almost immediately based on their corporate sales/free consumer downloads; it's Billboard that won't count corporate deals for free or discounted below a certain dollar amount to the end consumer. 

Edited by Ascension

People can't stand to see Legend win. I love it :ahh: 

liberalmusiclover
2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

You completely missed the point of my post. Jay's albums were given away for free and counted. Unless they start counting free albums from his peers, then it's unfair.

I understand how RIAA works. They have never included free downloads before and just because Jay is cheating the system doesn't mean it's okay.

Clicking download on a free link is not the same as buying an album. The difference between downloading an album for free and gifting a $10 album is literally $10. A $10 difference is a big deal.

If he doesn't need it, then why does he continue doing it? Why is he so convinced he needs this mediaplay? 

Tour bundles are albums whose sales are built in to ticket prices - meaning people actually pay for them. Discounted albums are albums bought at a discounted price - meaning people actually pay for them. Free album downloads are not paid for.

It doesn't matter how his last album sold. He's now over certified by at least 2M which is a scam :sorry: We'll see if he tries to undermine Nielsen next with some huge report of TIDAL streams.

Gather them. :clap3:

These same people tried to drag Rihanna and now are in here defending JAY.  I can't.

And I'm glad my fave had enough dignity to not re-certify her album ANTI past 2X Platinum once it actually reached 2X Platinum. :clap3: 

This is why you guys shouldn't invest so much time with the charts. Too much manipulation for established acts. Just enjoy the music. 

Edited by Mohzy

Grammy committee should block 4:44 from getting nominated tbh

5 minutes ago, Eternium said:

It wasn't given away for free. It was purchased in bulk by one party and distributed to *paid* subscribers of another service.

liberalmusiclover
1 minute ago, Mohzy said:

This is why you guys shouldn't invest so much time with the charts. Too much manipulation for established acts. Just enjoy the music. 

This has nothing to do with the charts.  This has to do with certifications.

5 minutes ago, Mohzy said:

This is why you guys shouldn't invest so much in the charts. Too much manipulation for established acts. Just enjoy the music. 

Jay Z (Roc Nation) is the only one manipulating the numbers

2 minutes ago, Alonzo Harris said:

Grammy committee should block 4:44 from getting nominated tbh

Why?

2 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

You're acting as if Jay just gave Sprint 1 million + copies to give away :priceless: 

There's no doubt he worked in the deal while he was selling them the client he uses for TIDAL.

2 minutes ago, Ascension said:

Um yes they have. The RIAA certified his last album and Rihanna's platinum almost immediately based on their corporate sales/free consumer downloads; it's Billboard that won't count corporate deals for free or discounted below a certain dollar amount to the end consumer. 

...That would be because Jay-Z was involved in every single one of those scams.  Nielsen (and by default Billboard) still counts his sham TIDAL streams, though (see: The Life of Pablo). He's cheating from every angle :deadbanana: 

Just now, liberalmusiclover said:

These same people tried to drag Rihanna and now are in here defending JAY.  I can't.

And I'm glad my fave had enough dignity to not re-certify her album ANTI past 2X Platinum once it actually reached 2X Platinum. :clap3: 

It's weird that his fans are mindlessly defending this. I'm like to see one of them explain why.

And that's what happens when you put out a great album - it does the talking for itself and is organically successful. Poor MCHG/WTT/444. :michael: 

Just now, Eternium said:

There's no doubt he worked in the deal while he was selling them the client he uses for TIDAL.

...That would be because Jay-Z was involved in every single one of those scams.  Nielsen (and by default Billboard) still counts his sham TIDAL streams, though (see: The Life of Pablo). He's cheating from every angle :deadbanana: 

It's weird that his fans are mindlessly defending this. I'm like to see one of them explain why.

And that's what happens when you put out a great album - it does the talking for itself and is organically successful. Poor MCHG/WTT/444. :michael: 

You claimed the RIAA didn't count corporate deals with free downloads to the end consumer and have never done so before 4:44; that's not true and it doesn't matter who is involved despite Jay being the first artist to use this method and establishing the precedent. Do you honestly believe the RIAA has a special set of rules for Jay and Jay alone? 

4 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

This has nothing to do with the charts.  This has to do with certifications.

Charts, certifications whatever 

6 minutes ago, umich said:

Why?

Because he cheated to get those numbers which is illegal. 

Just now, Alonzo Harris said:

Because he cheated to get those numbers which is illegal. 

It's not illegal. Grammys is about quality of content not charts or certification. Hush. 

Funny how the same ones who dragged Rih for filth are the same ones scrambling to defend him in here.

2rzxukz.jpg

3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Because at the end of the day, he'd still 500k pure first week. It's not like he has a record of flopping. Even his last album did 500k first week with this exact same deal. The industry is full of shams so to come for hin when pop girls are doing the same but with payola singles & intense promo is being hypocritical. 

13 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Neither has Jay. These deals have always been for 1 million units. Wyd....

I don't need no, frauds
I don't need no, drama when you call
I don't need no, fake
Soon as I wake up keep an eye out for the snakes, yeah

:jamming: 

13 minutes ago, Amenemhat said:

It wasn't given away for free. It was purchased in bulk by one party and distributed to *paid* subscribers of another service.

I didn't pay and they still gave it to me for free

This is so mucky and conniving. I don't like it.

At least with Rih there was a logical explanation.

How the **** is this album platinum when it's not for sale and nobody has talked about it since the day it came out? 

This man is an all around FRAUD

1 hour ago, RainDreamer said:

That was only open for 2 hours,  no? 

Imagine if its all from fake Tidal streams :ahh:

It's not, but just assuming it would be 1.5 billion streams. That would make him have the whole Hot 100 top 10 next week. Yes 1-10 with Despacito at #11.

2 minutes ago, WillieMonroe said:

I didn't pay and they still gave it to me for free

Well someone did pay for it. So it was gifted to you.

Edited by Amenemhat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.