RIAA: JAY Z 4:44 certified PLATINUM

Aziah.

Just now, Vrx. said:

What a FRAUD :ahh:

He keeps making these shoddy deals to fabricate and inflate his numbers. Anything for a plaque! 

He was gonna go platinum regardless. He sells a lot based on his name alone :skull: 

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadnews

• liberalmusiclover

• Ascension

• FutureHive

liberalmusiclover
Just now, Tinashebanks said:

What do you not get about Sprint giving free redeemable vouchers to its customers? Why are y'all being obtuse as if he didn't do this before with Samsung :rip:

I didn't know about the vouchers.  Good for him though.  He'll get 1M in actual units soon, since the album is coming to Apple Music in a couple of days. :) 

Madonna really needs to take advantage of her Tidal connection. Bey, Jay and some others do mysteriously well from the numbers reported by this company. 

2 minutes ago, Adele Addict said:

How? I understand that he's done a lot for the music industry and is a rap icon and everything. I'm not trying to discredit him from that. And maybe I'm a bit too far removed from the rap genre to really fully understand his impact, but it just seems like nowadays, he gets more press for being married to Beyoncé than for his own career. I know people don't only know him as "the guy that married Beyoncé," but he doesn't get nearly as much attention for his actual music career anymore, which is unfortunate because he is a rap icon and I think musicians should be more known for their music than for their celebrity status.

I'll just leave this here for you. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1924866/jay-zs-magna-carta-debuts-at-no-1-on-billboard-200-chart

I wish artists would stop trying to cheat the system. Certifications for albums with deals like this are meaningless. It's the SPS units we should look at.

It's still a great album though and he'll probably push 1M real units.

did he buy 1M copies from himself?

Just now, Adele Addict said:

How? I understand that he's done a lot for the music industry and is a rap icon and everything. I'm not trying to discredit him from that. And maybe I'm a bit too far removed from the rap genre to really fully understand his impact, but it just seems like nowadays, he gets more press for being married to Beyoncé than for his own career. I know people don't only know him as "the guy that married Beyoncé," but he doesn't get nearly as much attention for his actual music career anymore, which is unfortunate because he is a rap icon and I think musicians should be more known for their music than for their celebrity status.

you should've stopped right there.

log off ATRL sometimes and you can see his impact

he just put out some of his most critically acclaimed work after 20+ yrs in the business after recently making istory as the first rapper to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame with an introduction from President Obama & legendary Quincy Jones.

his legacy & impact is far bigger than simply being married to Beyonce

2 minutes ago, umich said:

He was gonna go platinum regardless. He sells a lot based on his name alone :skull: 

Now we'll never know :gaycat3:

Let's say he did 300,000,000 streams the first week/1500=200,000 units+800,000*(sprint is still giving out vouchers for the album)=1,000,000+. Anti teas 

what the **** does sprint gain from this ? No one is saying "gee, let me subscribe to sprint now to get an $11 album" 

Edited by Émotif Fool

3 minutes ago, Émotif Fool said:

Let's say he did 300,000,000 streams the first week/1500=200,000 units+800,000*(sprint is still giving out vouchers for the album)=1,000,000+. Anti teas 

what the **** does sprint gain from this ? No one is saying "gee, let me subscribe to sprint now to get an $11 album" 

300M streams from Tidal alone? no way

1 minute ago, Vrx. said:

What a FRAUD :ahh:

He keeps making these shoddy deals to fabricate and inflate his numbers. Anything for a plaque! 

How is it a shoddy deal :rip: when tour deals exist & your favs are selling albums for $3 on Amazon :rip:

5 minutes ago, Cap10Planet said:

I can see Jay-Z doing 250-300k pure sales first week and 400k SPS. 

I don't think his album will have much longevity (at least not in sales) without a big hit, though. He probably won't even promote the album.

I think he'll do more than 400k SPS if physicals come this Friday. He's got a tour coming and visiual that might get put on HBO according to rumours so that should give it longevity tbh

Anyway Billboard will help us understand since Tidal streams count and free downloads don't (on the chart)

Yeah, like we are supposed to believe he get 1.5 billion streams on an album exclusively available to one streaming platform, a platform that isn't in the top ten largest streaming platforms overall.

The Carters are a complete fraud.

I stan for legends :gaycat4:

Someone call the FBI ASAP!! 

I love Jay and the album but :ahh::ahh: 

1 minute ago, artangel said:

300M streams from Tidal alone? no way

My bad, I thought Lemonade did 200M streams :rip: so with that in mind, sprint is probably giving close to 2M vouchers in total once the promotion ends since they probs surpassed 1M voucher codes rn 

11 minutes ago, RainDreamer said:

That was only open for 2 hours,  no? 

Imagine if its all from fake Tidal streams :ahh:

it was few days. it was there sine the release, it was spread on internet forums.

then it got picked by media on July 2. so tidal removed it.

8 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

Madonna really needs to take advantage of her Tidal connection. Bey, Jay and some others do mysteriously well from the numbers reported by this company. 

Tidal don't pay them, other company do. Samsung did for rihanna, Sprint did for Jay.

THIS SHAMELESS CAMEL :ahh: 

Edited by Brinny Baby

you guys still don't understand how it works, when RIAA has been doing that since the beginning.. lol

his 1m certification is not only from streaming, but free download, + physical shipment too. (July.7 release)

and label have to prove papers, recipets to RIAA. and they will audit those numbers before certification. you can't fake it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.