RIAA: JAY Z 4:44 certified PLATINUM

Aziah.

Did he do 1.5 B streams on Tidal?

Or was it on free downloads or something like that? I'm trying to understand, I don't consider that as cheating whatever he did anyway since RIAA has it rules

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadnews

• liberalmusiclover

• Ascension

• FutureHive

6 minutes ago, Ascension said:

Pretty much. He did the same deal last era with Samsung and still opened with 528k pure sales with MCHG. :michael: 

exactly

its not "rihanna's impact"...jay z secured the same deal for her that he already had on his last album

but unlike her...he still opened up with 528k in real sales and did 1 million in pure sales...which we're will still waiting for anti to do over a year later

Edited by giRLbye.

4 minutes ago, Ascension said:

Pretty much. He did the same deal last era with Samsung and still opened with 528k pure sales with MCHG. :michael: 

people like to leave out the fact that he went platinum in pure sales as well. 1x samsung 1x pure

When will your pop faves?

liberalmusiclover
20 minutes ago, Aziah. said:

It's obviously platinum through the Sprint deal, like ANTI was through the Samsung deal.

It's not cheating..you just have to know how to work the system.

you guys call it cheating, I call it SMART.

TIDAL doesn't have enough subscribers to guarantee him 1M units in streams though, especially since you had to be a subscriber before the album came out to even listen to it.  There's literally no way this could be legit. :ahh: 

1 minute ago, DAP said:

When will your pop faves?

Never because theyre not scammers:cm:

Edited by Trainwreck

liberalmusiclover
18 minutes ago, sadnews said:

RIAA's certification is based on shipment(+ official download and streaming), they're not based on real sales.

ATRL still don't understand after all those years.. lol

and yes, they do audits before certification. 

Where is the 1M in SEA though?

Lol, I bet Tidal fakes their numbers, they flop hard.

So first he cheats on his wife and now he cheats on his sales...

17 minutes ago, Adele Addict said:

There is NO way his album went platinum in less than a week when it was a Tidal exclusive.

(Plus, do people actually still care about Jay-Z for anything other than the fact that he's married to Bey? :rip: I mean, I obviously know he's like, a rap legend and whatever, but it feels like the only press he gets nowadays is something related to Bey or his family life.)

This is why I can't take 90% of this websites opinions seriously. This is embarrassing lol. 

2 minutes ago, Ascension said:

Exactly and he'll do similar numbers when the physical comes :/ 

3 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

1500 streams = 1 album or something like that 

1500 x 1m = 1,500,000,000 streams 

Lol 

Sprint were giving free vouchers to redeem the album to its users so it's not all from tidal  streams 

Him lying saying that he's getting 300M streams per day on Tidal

Those Programmers and IT staff better be getting a FAT check for fabricating those numbers in that database :ahh:

7 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Rap legend or whatever :deadbanana3: 

this is so offensive.

How? I understand that he's done a lot for the music industry and is a rap icon and everything. I'm not trying to discredit him from that. And maybe I'm a bit too far removed from the rap genre to really fully understand his impact, but it just seems like nowadays, he gets more press for being married to Beyoncé than for his own career. I know people don't only know him as "the guy that married Beyoncé," but he doesn't get nearly as much attention for his actual music career anymore, which is unfortunate because he is a rap icon and I think musicians should be more known for their music than for their celebrity status.

3 minutes ago, Riha'love said:

Did he do 1.5 B streams on Tidal?

Or was it on free downloads or something like that? I'm trying to understand, I don't consider that as cheating whatever he did anyway since RIAA has it rules

Probably a mixture of streams from Tidal and free downloads through Sprint.

Meeeess 

4 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

TIDAL doesn't have enough subscribers to guarantee him 1M units in streams though, especially since you had to be a subscriber before the album came out to even listen to it.  There's literally no way this could be legit. :ahh: 

What do you not get about Sprint giving free redeemable vouchers to its customers? Why are y'all being purposely obtuse as if he didn't do this before with Samsung :rip:

Edited by Tinashebanks

2 minutes ago, Tinashebanks said:

Exactly and he'll do similar numbers when the physical comes :/ 

Sprint were giving free vouchers to redeem the album to its users so it's not all from tidal  streams 

What a FRAUD :ahh:

He keeps making these shoddy deals to fabricate and inflate his numbers. Anything for a plaque! 

I'm not surprised, can't wait til Tidal reports record breaking streaming numbers that just don't match the demand he has.

I can see Jay-Z doing 250-300k pure sales first week and 400k SPS. 

I don't think his album will have much longevity (at least not in sales) without a big hit, though. He probably won't even promote the album.

AlexStexaul

This is not fair tbh. Some people still trying to sell and promote their albums for platinum certf. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.