• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadnews

• liberalmusiclover

• Ascension

• FutureHive

7 hours ago, Chance said:

Apparently (or what I saw on here) is that it's from the free downloads which you can get from here https://444.tidal.com by typing in "Sprint" as the voucher code.

oh I just downloaded it. it works again. lol 

11 hours ago, Blue G said:

my only problem with this as opposed to rihanna's deal is that jay got his certification before the 1mil was actually redeemed.

Are we sure the 1M wasn't redeemed yet?

Because for ANTI the RIAA said they didn't certify the album until they saw the receipts of each copy being redeemed (=customers demand)

16 hours ago, Kisuke said:

Rihanna and Jay  cheating the system with every release :dies:

But congrats on 13 platinum albums.

pretty sure Rihanna did it with one album and that album eventually went 2x platinum without the samsung copies :celestial5:

Do illegal downloads count now?:ahh:

On 7/5/2017 at 10:12 AM, franklin said:

What trickery did he pull out this time because there's no way it went platinum in sales  :dies: 

Someone is saying this was taken before the release too

tumblr_mm8izoLrov1qd8zg3o1_250.gif

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Are we sure the 1M wasn't redeemed yet?

Because for ANTI the RIAA said they didn't certify the album until they saw the receipts of each copy being redeemed (=customers demand)

it doesn't have to be 1m download tho. physical shipment + streaming counted too.

5 minutes ago, sadnews said:

it doesn't have to be 1m download tho. physical shipment + streaming counted too.

But:

Billboard: Yet you caught some heat on the Rihanna certification of Platinum for Anti, which got the award based on the Samsung giveaway?

Kennedy: No more than we did when we certified Jay Z. Rihanna was certified before the change to consider streams in certification. There are two key requirements for the certification program. That there is consumer demand and that the artist and label get paid a certain minimum amount. We satisfied both of them with Rihanna. We got the data from the service, we saw the redemption of the download codes. They couldn’t just send the album to consumers, the consumer had to initiate the acquisition. The redemption is the indication of the demand.

1 hour ago, istan4badgalriri said:

But:

no i mean. 1m "unit" can include streaming and physical.

so it could've had 700k download so far and 300k physical shipment.

as long as the album meet 1m with all of sales unit combined, it will get platinum.

Real numbers are out and its a flop :ahh:

250K (only 150k pure sales)

On 6.7.2017 at 4:39 PM, Marla Singer said:

Do illegal downloads count now?:ahh:

yass... i need my Napster-era faves to get their triple diamond certs asap. 

I can picture it before my eyes already:

2x Diamond - Rainbow

1x Diamond - Glitter

1x Diamond - Charmbracelet

4x Dimaond - TEOM

3x Diamond - E=MC²

I will use these certs from now on. 

also... "1" by the Beatles is eligible for 30x Diamond. :clap3:*LegendsOnly*

So damn shadey. It wasn't cute when he tried it the first time and its not cute now. The way him and Bey are total opposites with their releases and successes is just alarming. 

Edited by 6_INCH_HEELS

On 2017-07-05 at 10:14 AM, fememeist said:

Is it stooping if 70% of the music industry can’t even go platinum in pure sales let alone SPS? 

Yes lmao. That is exactly what it is. Stooping to low levels to get a platinum record. Do you know what stooping means? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.