Charli xcx f/ Kesha - "Spring Breakers featuring Kesha"

BlackoutZone

5 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Has she not done that with music from the last few albums? I don't think Kesha should have to be chained to defending herself with every release…

You're right that she has, but if you were Kesha and you had to remix a song on the most acclaimed album of the year (maybe even decade?), would you not want to give it your best? Especially if you heard Lorde's GSC remix? Or Caroline's EIR remix?

• Like 1

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hex

• collin

• aly

• AlbertoBouvier

Top Posters In This Topic

kind of expected more tbh but i know it was a last minute thing. i'm sure it'll grow on me but the og version is my fav on brat

kind of expected more tbh but i know it was a last minute thing. i'm sure it'll grow on me but the og version is my fav on brat

I've been on this thread for few hours now and read different opinions, but the more I listen to the song , the more I'm convinced that Kesha's verses actually are super smart and filled with references that tie to the overall theme of the song.

For the sake of the conversation, imma break the verses down the way I understood em.

(Ayy) Ooh, these *******, we tied
(Ayy) Art is not a competition
(Ayy) Rating go up when the clothes come off
(Ayy) But a real ***** come when the dick goes up, like
(Ayy) Ooh, these ******* rip off
(Ayy) Wish they could be OG, but they not
(Ayy) We going psycho, we going off
(Ayy) Yeah, me and Charli, we the party girl gods
(Ayy) Oh baby, you mad watchin' me win
(Ayy) Do it again 'cause I'm Kesha, *****
(Ayy) Makin' me sick, nominated
(Ayy) All the motherfuckers better be prayin'
(Ayy) Singin' my song, singin' along
(Ayy) TikTok ***** 'til the kingdom come

(Ayy) Give 'em a hit, they can eat ****
(Ayy) Choke on my name when you suck on my dick

The first line talks about how art and expressing yourself shouldn't be a dirty competition where people win because they have got connections in the industry most of the time.

Pitting fandoms and artists against one another something Kesha time and time again despised publicly.

Then she jumps to talk about how categories such as "best music video" are usually won by artists who choose to rely only on sex appeal.

Then she's throwing shade at artists and producers who get hits from sampling older hit songs with little to no effort. Kesha has always been a creative soul who isn't afraid to experiment but like Charli, she has never been recognised for this experimentation. 

"Making me sick, nomanited all the mfers better be praying"

This is recalling the 2017/2018 Grammy night where she had to sing praying while Dr. Puke was in the audience hence making her sick mentally and physically. And after all of that she and other amazing artists lost to the most safe pop song that year.

The last part of the first verse speaks about her legacy. She made so many hits that are still sung till this day, but the recording academy never once recognised her for this great legacy that she left behind.

I'ma thank me, I'ma thank God
The center of the conversation
You know I got that kind of reputation

Baby, I'm free, I'ma take off
Me and Charli, we the party girl gods
Pa-pa-party, party girl gods
I'ma go psycho, I'ma go killer

The second verse is simpler yet it gives us a jump into Kesha's mind, if she ever won what would her speech be about.

Basically saying she will be thanking her self first for all the resilience she portrayed throughout her career then thanking god.

Kesha once again telling us how fame and the industry isn't making her any less spiritual.

I'd love to hear your thoughts guys. Just keep it demuor :coffee2:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

if there was ever an album to FÜCK with last.fm users...

i think i spent like 30 minutes editing my previous scrobbles for the remixes :deadbanana2:

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, rihxnicki said:

You're right that she has, but if you were Kesha and you had to remix a song on the most acclaimed album of the year (maybe even decade?), would you not want to give it your best? Especially if you heard Lorde's GSC remix? Or Caroline's EIR remix?

Perhaps. After listening with the lyrics maybe she could've touched on some more. But at the same time Spring breakers doesn't really warrant that. And she says what she needs to say without being blunt. GSC had a specific concept that Lorde was able to respond to and it was very direct and guided, as was EIR, so I think what Kesha did fits where she's trying to take her career and the song itself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heldenzeit said:

if there was ever an album to FÜCK with last.fm users...

Apple Music >

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

i love it! i do miss the vroom vroom vroom vroom in a big pink truck verse tho

she easily could've referenced herself with this, "vroom vroom vroom in my GOLD TRANS AM"

god kesha...

• Like 1

It's good, although I kinda wish Kesha's delivery sounded a bit angrier like Charli's original, her talk-rap delivery on songs like High Road and Only Love Can Save Us Now would've fit a little better. 

• Like 1

Love the autotune on Kesha's voice and truly hope her next project will be Ke$ha's electro pop revival, the original is the one for me overall tho.

Vroom vroom vroom vroom in big pink truck :ihype:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

I've been on this thread for few hours now and read different opinions, but the more I listen to the song , the more I'm convinced that Kesha's verses actually are super smart and filled with references that tie to the overall theme of the song.

For the sake of the conversation, imma break the verses down the way I understood em.

The first line talks about how art and expressing yourself shouldn't be a dirty competition where people win because they have got connections in the industry most of the time.

Pitting fandoms and artists against one another something Kesha time and time again despised publicly.

Then she jumps to talk about how categories such as "best music video" are usually won by artists who choose to rely only on sex appeal.

Then she's throwing shade at artists and producers who get hits from sampling older hit songs with little to no effort. Kesha has always been a creative soul who isn't afraid to experiment but like Charli, she has never been recognised for this experimentation. 

This is recalling the 2017/2018 Grammy night where she had to sing praying while Dr. Puke was in the audience hence making her sick mentally and physically. And after all of that she and other amazing artists lost to the most safe pop song that year.

The last part of the first verse speaks about her legacy. She made so many hits that are still sung till this day, but the recording academy never once recognised her for this great legacy that she left behind.

The second verse is simpler yet it gives us a jump into Kesha's mind, if she ever won what would her speech be about.

Basically saying she will be thanking her self first for all the resilience she portrayed throughout her career then thanking god.

Kesha once again telling us how fame and the industry isn't making her any less spiritual.

I love this interpretation, it makes me appreciate the remix more!

I'm just glad kesha has left her mark on the bratosphere cus she has always been the original brat and rightfully deserved a slot on this album! the new mix should have been fleshed out a little more imo but it's still fun as phuckkk. i do rlly miss the "vroom vroom vroom in a big pink truck!" line tho ngl, they shouldn't have taken any of Charli's verses out and just had Kesha work around them and extend the track a bit more. but, moral of the story:

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rihxnicki said:

Sorry but this is way better than Caroline's remix to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, collin said:

Sorry but this is way better than Caroline's remix to me. 

:bibliahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

:clap3: Thank you for breaking it down like this.

• Like 1

Oh wow I love this :clap3:

• Like 1

Kesha didn't have to eat this hard :flame:

• Like 1

Any song that mentions reputation ugh i'm simply LIVID.

dazz menthol eel's nest

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mb139 Kesha52nd said:

i had no idea puke was in the audience for that? but i STILL think about this last part to this day :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shinseito said:

she easily could've referenced herself with this, "vroom vroom vroom in my GOLD TRANS AM"

god kesha...

remember she has basically ignored Warrior as a whole while performing for the last decade lol

4 hours ago, Jacobdaniel said:

i love it! i do miss the vroom vroom vroom vroom in a big pink truck verse tho

this! i love it, kinda surprised by the polarizing reception here, charli x kesha :duca: k's verse would've used some refining but i'm happy they collab'd

i can't at my fave hello goodbye staying remix-less :toofunny3: how brat of charli :dies: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rihxnicki said:

I'm sorry, but Lorde's take on "Girl, so confusing" is blunt, and unremarkable that it didn't showcase anything. It's no better than the Spring Breakers remix.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.