Charli xcx f/ Kesha - "Spring Breakers featuring Kesha"

BlackoutZone

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

It actually has really thought out narrative lyricism, though maybe not at first listen. The chorus is her "Grammy speech" she goes on to give at the end of the song. The first verse is about is quite literally about her bombing the Grammy's lol. And then the second verse is her explaining how she would act if she actually won... leading back into her Grammy speech chorus (a full circle moment). It tells a story from start to finish. I mean... it's kind of incredible :dies:

Vroom-vroom, vroom, vroom, in a big pink truck
February tenth, and I'm gonna pull up
Hey, Staples Center, what the **** is up?
Yeah, I'm parked outside watching all the girls strut
Got their custom on, hit the worst dressed list
Yeah, you better not slide, not slip, not trip
'Cause I poured a load of gasoline on the carpet
Lit a cigarette, took a drag, then, I just flicked it
Place went boom, boom, boom, boom, clap
And I just laughed when the bodies went splat
Yeah, I knew I'd end up with my hands behind my back
In a police car, blue and red sirens
All flash, flash, flash, flash, lights, and cameras everywhere
Now, I'm on the news with the DUI stare
Who cares?
Just put me on the platform, turn the microphone on
There's no one I wanna thank out there, yeah

i only just noticed the vroom vroom and boom clap refrences lol

• Like 2

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hex

• collin

• aly

• AlbertoBouvier

Top Posters In This Topic

A little bit harsh of a reaction to a song that is meant to be nothing but stupid fun. :rip: It's great. Be serious 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

23 minutes ago, Hex said:

She just sounds... clunky but still love it. Charli completely washes her in the OG version though.

20 minutes ago, Hex said:

Kesha's pen game just doesn't stack up. Very one two buckle my shoe. Ayesha Erotica would have ate this tf up

17 minutes ago, Hex said:

She said b***h literally 5 times in a row :dies: ... wish they would have spent another week on this and had someone help Kesha out with her flow and figure out a more coherent narrative than just "I'm Kesha, b***h"

28 minutes ago, Hex said:

ATE, but Kesha's verse is giving Drag Race challenge lowkey

Shut up already :rip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 3

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

It actually has really thought out narrative lyricism, though maybe not at first listen. The chorus is her "Grammy speech" she goes on to give at the end of the song. The first verse is about is quite literally about her bombing the Grammy's lol. And then the second verse is her explaining how she would act if she actually won... leading back into her Grammy speech chorus (a full circle moment). It tells a story from start to finish. I mean... it's kind of incredible :dies:

Who cares?

On the flip side, I could talk real real nice

Maybe if you give me that prize

You might see a tear from my eyes

The original continues to be one of Charli's best songs  :jamming:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TomTom said:

Shut up already :rip:

Sorry, I've been listening on repeat and writing my thoughts, trying to like it but the more I try, the more I don't like it :dies: I'm gonna try again tomorrow, I think Charli just set the bar so high on the OG

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hex said:

Who cares?

waitttt after further analysis, the OG lyrics eattttt… no shade to my girl charli, it just completely went over my head even after listening to it so many times 😭

on further thought, they should've built on that grammys narrative more and kept in charli's original verse, and had kesha comment more on the grammy's besides two one-offs… "art is not a competition" and "making me sick, nominated, all the motherfuckers betta be praying!".

actually after analyzing it MORE, kesha does say "imma thank me, imma thank god, the center of the conversation, you know i got that kind of reputation"… which alludes to some of the grammy acceptance speech talk? i just think it could've been fleshed out more and with charli's OG verse on, it would've been 10/10.

Edited by aly
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Hex said:

Kesha's pen game just doesn't stack up. Very one two buckle my shoe. Ayesha Erotica would have ate this tf up

Ayesha hates Charli and her music, she shaded her multiple times on Twitter before the hiatus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NastyAF said:

Ayesha hates Charli and her music, she shaded her multiple times on Twitter before the hiatus.

claiming they want ayesha on the song is just a shoe in for calling kesha a liar atp .

like just say you hate her and go listen to something else.

nobody wants pedoyesha transphobica on a charli track, ever.

• Haha 3

Just now, NastyAF said:

Yeah I just think she would ride tf out of a song with production with this and not miss a beat

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, NastyAF said:

As if that woman is a better feature than THE Kesha. Let's not

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Khris said:

claiming they want ayesha on the song is just a shoe in for calling kesha a liar atp .

like just say you hate her and go listen to something else.

nobody wants pedoyesha transphobica on a charli track, ever.

I love Kesha and she was my 5th most lsitened to artist last year :dies: I can dislike a song oh my god

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

this was the remix i was hoping for most and most hyped for but honestly a big disappointment. the OG is just so much wittier and just sounds musically better. instead of a shoehorned in verse I wish they updated the production and kesha spent more time developing a narrative instead of doing some awkward throwback lines

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, aly said:

waitttt after further analysis, the OG lyrics eattttt… no shade to my girl charli, it just completely went over my head even after listening to it so many times 😭

on further thought, they should've built on that grammys narrative more and kept in charli's original verse, and had kesha comment more on the grammy's besides two one-offs… "art is not a competition" and "making me sick, nominated, all the motherfuckers betta be praying!".

Which is why I personally am disappointed by Kesha's verse. I love spring breakers for the story and I feel like Kesha can definitely relate because with the range of her career, she definitely should have received more recognition from the Grammys. 

The remix removes what made spring breakers special and just adds nothing special lyrically. If you don't have that context sure it's a fun song, but to go from the original to this is disappointing. But the smooth brains will have a hard time accepting that. 

edit: and they arrived just as expected. 

Edited by jordanjm
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I can dislike a song oh my god

no, sorry. :ducky:

• Haha 4

yall are so annoying. kesha been doing sleazy party girl music exactly like this since the late 2000s - this is fun! put some respect on the queen of indie sleaze bc she chewed this tf up :WAP:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hex said:

Who cares?

Wait !!! I'm shook 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

yall are so annoying. kesha been doing sleazy party girl music exactly like this since the late 2000s - this is fun! put some respect on the queen of indie sleaze bc she chewed this tf up :WAP:

This - I feel like the original did not need to be replaced with another narrative but instead be made dumber (compliment) and into more of a silly party song.

Edited by collin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

why is this not on AM

edit: nvm just saw its tucked into the deluxe remix album sorry!

Edited by Uncatena

Kesha ate this omg :jonny5:

OT: Not people complaining about the "story" of Spring Breakers, give us a break :dies:

Edited by Dear Reader
  • Haha 11

KESHA YOU ******* ICON YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ******* SICKENING

THIS IS ANIMAL-ERA PERFECTION OMFG 

THE ORIGINAL BRAT ***** YES

:jonny5:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aly said:

actually after analyzing it MORE, kesha does say "imma thank me, imma thank god, the center of the conversation, you know i got that kind of reputation"… which alludes to some of the grammy acceptance speech talk? i just think it could've been fleshed out more and with charli's OG verse on, it would've been 10/10.

That's what I mean. It just could have been executed more thoroughly, and this isn't on Kesha - it's clear she was given a time constraint and did the best with what she had to work with. I think what could have worked better was Kesha doing the chorus by herself (she's the queen of bratty talk singing) and added third verse just for her while keeping the other Charli verses. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Kesha ate this omg :jonny5:

OT: Not people complaining about the "story" of Spring Breakers, give us a break :dies:

Well in addition to the story, she struggles to stay on beat and the lyrics are just nonsensical trash in general. But yall can stay posted in here defending a turd when joyride is right over there staying pop perfection.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

44 minutes ago, Hex said:

it was done over the past week so it kinda was

yeah i can tell

• Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, jordanjm said:

Well in addition to the story, she struggles to stay on beat and the lyrics are just nonsensical trash in general. But yall can stay posted in here defending a turd when joyride is right over there staying pop perfection.

Both are incredible and I'll stream both, thank you very much :heart:

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.