Can we agree Die With a Smile is just a filler hit?

nsst

I have to disagree OP - it is only HALF a filler hit!

Why you ask? Only Gaga's part is the filler part.

The other half showcasing the talent that is called Bruno Mars, I can confirm, has my full heart, with his emotional rendition of "Die With A Smile".

It is very good, then there is her. SMH!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 12

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nsst

• IBeMe

• unison stan

• AshleyLovescats887

Top Posters In This Topic

eh it's everywhere on tiktok even my mom (who doesn't follow current music trend) knows and loves it 

• Thanks 1

"Shallow is a fluke."

"Rain on Me smashed thanks to Ariana."

"Million Reasons would have flopped without the Superbowl."

And now we are talking about """"filler hit"""" songs? 😂

Damn guys stop finding a reason why Gaga is doing well 😂

• Thanks 2

You're so used to PR teams forcing songs down your throats that you forget what a genuine, GP-driven hit is. :rip: A real hit doesn't need to be forced down peoples' throats so that you hear about it everywhere you go, a real hit that stands the test of time is something people intentionally seek out to listen to over and over again. 

I know it kills y'all and you have to move the goalposts every time Gaga smashes, but if DWAS is a "filler hit", then I fear for what every hit Beyonce, Taylor, Katy, Ariana, Billie, Nicki, etc. have had over the past ten years can be considered. :rip: 

• Thanks 1

i mean it might be a filler hit in hillbilly town where you live, cause i've heard this song everywhere plus the 50k people singing the song from the top of their lungs every night wherever bruno is doing his concerts might disagree :gaycat1:

Can we agree Die With a Smile is just a filler hit?

Did you just make this term up? It's time for you to go outside.

2 hours ago, LosingHimWasBlue said:

This song is fluke, like Shallow. 

A fluke that huge doesn't happen twice, many singers would die for a "fluke" like this lol. 

OT: First shaky start now this, the success of DWAS really got y'all SHOCKED and SCRAMBLING.:rip:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nsst said:

Let's take a moment to appreciate how Espresso and Birds of a Feather have become undeniable events this year. Those tracks are everywhere - on the radio, in every playlist, and all over Tiktok.

Mind you this is how many videos each song in question has been used in on TikTok. :giraffe:

Die With a Smile: 1.4M (1 Official Sound)

Birds of a Feather: 1.1M (1 Official Sound)

Espresso: 493.5K (13 Official Sounds)

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Xtina23 said:

I have to disagree OP - it is only HALF a filler hit!

Why you ask? Only Gaga's part is the filler part.

The other half showcasing the talent that is called Bruno Mars, I can confirm, has my full heart, with his emotional rendition of "Die With A Smile".

It is very good, then there is her. SMH!!

Not a Xtina stan getting brave lol. Your fave would know all about "filler parts" in songs like Moves like Jagger and Say Something. She hasn't been in a smash where she sings more than like 20 seconds since Beautiful I fear

Edited by jijie101
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

Mind you this is how many videos each song in question has been used in on TikTok. :giraffe:

Die With a Smile: 1.4M (1 Official Sound)

Birds of a Feather: 1.1M (1 Official Sound)

Espresso: 493.5K (13 Official Sounds)

You missed this one: 1.3M https://www.tiktok.com/music/espresso-sabrina-7356946351021771537

Edited by PYT

it was a smash in the straight world. My female friends has been talking about it constantly 

the straight love their basic ballad

• Like 1

The backfire in the first p[age :rip: 

OP needs to go outside and touch some grass.

"Filler Hit" :ahh: 

5 hours ago, nsst said:

Sis, we're in the autoplay era. The first part of your post might've made sense back in 2020, but now? We're seeing songs being forced down everyone's throat and reaching new streaming peaks purely because of Spotify's tricks. It doesn't even need to go viral anymore

So you agree? Some Taylor Swift's and Sabrina Carpenter's songs are auto play and by your logic in the og post, they're also filler hits? Fu

My theory is that it is a collaboration between The Recording Academy and Interscope Records. They likely weren't pleased with any of the front-runners for the GRAMMYs and needed an excuse to give the award to someone else who fit their cookie-cutter mould (Bruno and Gaga are both Grammy darlings), hence why "Die With A Smile" was born and started generating numbers out of thin air without any genuine real-world interest. The complete lack of interest in Harlequin provides further credence to this theory.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Galah said:

My theory is that it is a collaboration between The Recording Academy and Interscope Records. They likely weren't pleased with any of the front-runners for the GRAMMYs and needed an excuse to give the award to someone else who fit their cookie-cutter mould (Bruno and Gaga are both Grammy darlings), hence why "Die With A Smile" was born and started generating numbers out of thin air without any genuine real-world interest. The complete lack of interest in Harlequin provides further credence to this theory.

Is this actually what you believe?

Avatar-Galahween.thumb.png.738f92dfc8b86

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.