Can we agree Die With a Smile is just a filler hit?

nsst

2 minutes ago, nsst said:

Well

It's primarily Gaga's fans who contribute to this. They tend to inflate everything associated with her name to an unrealistic degree, elevating even her minor achievements into monumental victories. This relentless need to curate her image not only distorts the narrative but also sets her up for harsher criticism when things don't go as planned :ihype:

That's just nonsense. Liddos were celebrating her success with DWAS or ROM or Shallow or her Top 5 debut for Stupid Love or her Oscar win or her soundtrack selling 10M or getting receiving 100M monthly listeners because those were successes. Then the OGHs pop up to discredit her, ruin the experience for the Liddo by calling out Gaga. That's how it goes. You got it all wrong. 

There's a difference between noting that Katy charts a lead single at #70 and Gaga not charting at all with a non-single. There's a huge difference between noting that Katy's regular studio album with three singles is bombing and a jazz effort isn't charting. DWAS is a huge hit so this need to discredit it as some sort of uneventful song is as OGH-coded as the other attempts. 

• Thanks 4

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nsst

• IBeMe

• unison stan

• AshleyLovescats887

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, nsst said:

i just made it up 

we can't be friends is also a filler hit 

yeah and it's dumb af. the numbers don't lie, the song is a hit. just because you or your stan twitter friends don't like it doesn't mean it's less of a hit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nsst said:

i just made it up 

we can't be friends is also a filler hit 

So you're just saying ****

Screenshot_407.thumb.png.3d8463dfbe1fac1

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

i will only let this slide if that is you in your avi cuz girl :eli: Screenshot_407.thumb.png.3d8463dfbe1fac1

The visitors on his profile skyrocketing after this post :gaycatina1:

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, nsst said:

Sis, we're in the autoplay era. The first part of your post might've made sense back in 2020, but now? We're seeing songs being forced down everyone's throat and reaching new streaming peaks purely because of Spotify's tricks. It doesn't even need to go viral anymore

So by your own logic, wouldn't Birds of a Feather and Espresso be "filler hits" too? Or do they not count because you have a hate boner for Gaga? Because all three songs went viral upon release, and all three songs have resonated with the public worldwide which is why all three songs have such strong metrics and are among the biggest hits of the year.  Whether you think songs need to go viral or not doesn't change the fact that DWAS did, like Espresso and BOAF before it, and many other songs after it will. 

And the fact that DWAS is still getting over 3 million view a day on Youtube on a platform that's otherwise dead for English music just proves that it's an organic global smash. Hell, it's out-viewing BOAF despite the latter's music video being released within the last two weeks and it's pacing to cross 200 million views only a week after Espresso does despite the latter having been out since April. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

That's just nonsense. Liddos were celebrating her success with DWAS or ROM or Shallow or her Top 5 debut for Stupid Love or her Oscar win or her soundtrack selling 10M or getting receiving 100M monthly listeners because those were successes. Then the OGHs pop up to discredit her, ruin the experience for the Liddo by calling out Gaga. That's how it goes. You got it all wrong. 

There's a difference between noting that Katy charts a lead single at #70 and Gaga not charting at all with a non-single. There's a huge difference between noting that Katy's regular studio album with three singles is bombing and a jazz effort isn't charting. DWAS is a huge hit so this need to discredit it as some sort of uneventful song is as OGH-coded as the other attempts. 

You've missed the point entirely. Just look back a few days before Joker 2 reviews even dropped; fans were already overestimating Gaga's role in the movie, claiming it would be groundbreaking. This hype creates unrealistic expectations, setting her up for harsh backlash when reality doesn't match the excitement. It's the inflated perception which leads to heavy criticism. So when you say it's unfair, maybe consider that this is largely fueled by fans. Perhaps if expectations were more realistic, the criticisms would be less intense.

1 hour ago, AshleyLovescats887 said:

Will the down bad trio stream 'Die With A Smile' during this?

spacer.png

@nsst will we? :gaycat5:

• Haha 2

It's bigger than Espresso or Birds of a Feather and OGH can not stand that Gaga was able to pull it off :ahh:numbers NEVER lie unless it's Taylor Swift which in that case I will lie and deny to save my mental health. I will never let Swifties have happiness in their life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

I would say the streaming numbers are more aligned with "monster" hit than "filler"

2 hours ago, nsst said:

It's that song doing crazy numbers but has zero impact in the real world. No one's talking about it, no one's playing it at parties - it's just… there. FILLER.

and people are playing that Shaboozy song? WHERE? :huh: :biblionana:

1 minute ago, Dula Peep said:

and people are playing that Shaboozy song? WHERE? :huh: :biblionana:

Every single bar in most cities? I've heard it a ton. It's also a radio smash.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

No nudity

No sex

No gimmick 

No marketing 

No propaganda 

No payola

No forcing 

Just talent

Just organic hit 

Label said TTH #15, I said #9

54 minutes ago, nsst said:

But where did i say the numbers lie? I even acknowledged that, considering stats, it is a hit. The point here is the song feels pretty unventful.

"the song feels uneventful" 

1 hour ago, nsst said:

Male driven **** makes no sense, especially because 'we can't be friends' by Ariana is another prime example of a filler hit

& Why are y'all focusing on the fact this song isn't reaching the LGBTQ+ audience? A TRUE smash hit resonates with us naturally - there's no need to search for it. I mean, I can't stand Beggin by Måneskin, yet somehow I know the lyrics without ever wanting to :rip:

I fear you're centering yourself too much 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.