Gaga's JFAD goes viral for mass theater walk-outs

perfect blue

3 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

"People hate when Hollywood is trying to force musicals down everyone's throat by tricking them into watching them."

Meanwhile EVERY single headline about this movie before it was released was about it being a "musical"… Everyone who went to see it knew. It's slogan is literally "the world is a stage"… Stop with this narrative.

OT y'all are so weird on here. Gaga is getting praise even from the worst reviews. Movie flopping or not is definitely not on her. She did marvellous work on her character and everyone agrees. This much hate for a random woman who doesn't deserve it is so weird, especially by the fans of a woman who's career is clearly dead and will stay dead forever because of her unethical and unhinged choices. So weird. 

I wasn't talking about this movie specifically but if you want me to then let's talk about how Todd Phillips himself spent months being so adamant that JFAD wasn't a musical or Gaga saying stupid **** like this

GZAPLNsXkAIFPH5?format=jpg&name=large

"In our movie the characters sing to express their emotions" …as opposed to musicals where they sing for no reason?

At the end of the day if you're so afraid to call your musical movie a musical maybe it's a sign you shouldn't have made one in the first place.

• Haha 6

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yes, AND

• Assassin

• Gossip_Boy

• suburbannature

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

"People hate when Hollywood is trying to force musicals down everyone's throat by tricking them into watching them."

Meanwhile EVERY single headline about this movie before it was released was about it being a "musical"… Everyone who went to see it knew. It's slogan is literally "the world is a stage"… Stop with this narrative.

OT y'all are so weird on here. Gaga is getting praise even from the worst reviews. Movie flopping or not is definitely not on her. She did marvellous work on her character and everyone agrees. This much hate for a random woman who doesn't deserve it is so weird, especially by the fans of a woman who's career is clearly dead and will stay dead forever because of her unethical and unhinged choices. So weird. 

She sounds the same as she did in A star is born. She is simply not a very good actress.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

giphy.gif

oh no :toofunny2:

welp that's what they get for playing with gifs for the last month, now they get permanent stuff like this :gaycat7:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DougAF said:

What happens if LG7 receives the same critical reception based on how atrocious those snippets sound? 

spacer.png

The opening numbers too. 

Turns out the true Joker is Todd Philips for fooling those people into thinking he's a good director

CPKIRDm.gif

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Musicals are hated right now. Praying for Wicked 

Wicked is marketed as musical and the film premise is based on it being a musical. Nobody asked for a Joker in musical

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

Gaga is getting praise even from the worst reviews.

Those delusional narratives :giraffe: Simply go and read verified audience reviews on RT (that not written by Lms), almost every single one of them is bashing Gaga through piles of $hit. Ppl are simply complaining about no soul acting, forced musical segments, messy dialogues and overall bad delivery by her... so stop this nonsense with excuses, it's ok to underperform, you know, especially when you're not a professional actress.  

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

Those delusional narratives :giraffe: Simply go and read verified audience reviews on RT (that not written by Lms), almost every single one of them is bashing Gaga through piles of $hit. Ppl are simply complaining about no soul acting, forced musical segments, messy dialogues and overall bad delivery by her... so stop this nonsense with excuses, it's ok to underperform, you know, especially when you're not a professional actress.  

I can't believe I just wasted the time of checking public reviews on RT but you're full of **** lol. I loaded like three pages and not a single bad word about Gaga.

Also.. not a professional actress? Stupid and a liar? Yikes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

The Mean Girls movie was similar. It didn't market itself as a musical until after it was released and there was a huge uproar. Idk if the trailers really showed the musical aspect of this film or not (I didn't like the first one) but I suspect they didn't on purpose. I do love Gaga and I'm happy that a lot of early reviews say that they wish she'd have played a larger role. That said, do the required press appearances and move on to LG7. 

1 hour ago, Gossip_Boy said:

"In our movie the characters sing to express their emotions" …as opposed to musicals where they sing for no reason?

At the end of the day if you're so afraid to call your musical movie a musical maybe it's a sign you shouldn't have made one in the first place.

This quote is the most pretentious thing I've ever read, she is so extra when she talks about her acting it's lowkey insufferable (and at times iconic af)

spacer.png

Edited by Slap
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gossip_Boy said:

…as opposed to musicals where they sing for no reason?

A good musical always has the songs there for a reason, so that explanation doesn't take away from it being a musical :bam:

36 minutes ago, Gottasadae said:

This is fake.

• Thanks 2

My father and brother loved the first one, but as soon as they heard the word "musical" all interest in the sequel was gone. This is going to be a major embarrassment for Gaga, no doubt about it. But I think she needs to book another role ASAP and act like this movie never happened. And it needs to be a good movie, not a cheesy superhero musical. 

40 minutes ago, loveisdead9582 said:

The Mean Girls movie was similar. It didn't market itself as a musical until after it was released and there was a huge uproar. Idk if the trailers really showed the musical aspect of this film or not (I didn't like the first one) but I suspect they didn't on purpose. I do love Gaga and I'm happy that a lot of early reviews say that they wish she'd have played a larger role. That said, do the required press appearances and move on to LG7. 

the trailers dont lol

ot: glad this is flopping NO one wanted this! 

poor innocent gaga getting dragged because of it tho. You all will pay one way or another! 

9 minutes ago, Aristede said:

My father and brother loved the first one, but as soon as they heard the word "musical" all interest in the sequel was gone. This is going to be a major embarrassment for Gaga, no doubt about it. But I think she needs to book another role ASAP and act like this movie never happened. And it needs to be a good movie, not a cheesy superhero musical. 

Nah, she just needs to stay away from movies altogether. Nobody's gonna wanna cast her again after giving the Joker franchise a >-50% drop in Box Office opening numbers. She can stick to contributing soundtracks for Best Original Song nominations at the Oscars though, but.. Her days as a top billing actress are as cooked as a Thanksgiving turkey.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

it's also a shame to Phoenix, his indeed ego is too big sometimes. He ****** up Todd Haynes last upcoming project recently due to that also ..

IT'S WHAT HE DESERVES

vllwOK.gif

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.