Lady Gaga's 'Harlequin' debuts zero songs on Global Spotify | Day 3: 2.3M (-36%)

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• Assassin

• KatyPrismSpirit

• UnRayuki

2 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

They're good, and acclaimed. They just don't pull big commercial numbers, what's not clicking?

ppaFuYQ.gif

I was referring to the album being listenable but ok 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Having one of the biggest songs in the world isn't enough to inspire more interest in that artist's latest project? 

Did Abel's Dawn FM and After Hours success help his Avatar song smash? Or is that same synth-pop styled song still failing to crack 100M streams despite that film hitting 2.5B+? 

Or do these strange Swiftie standards only apply to Gaga? 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Blue Monday said:

If by certain people you mean Katheryn "Katy Perry" Hudson you're gonna have to try again because I don't really care about her. I do know that the song my fave was featured on the Chromatica track list was the biggest song from that album, so 

spacer.png

Then you also know the song your fave did to that Charlie's Angels reboot or the other song your fave did to the Beauty and the Beast movie.

ppaFuYQ.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

Did Abel's Dawn FM and After Hours success help his Avatar song smash? Or is that same synth-pop styled song still failing to crack 100M streams despite that film hitting 2.5B+? 

Or do these strange Swiftie standards only apply to Gaga? 

spacer.png

Well first of all I'm not a Swiftie so jot that down 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

I was referring to the album being listenable but ok 

spacer.png

As if jazz albums were such a smash on Spotify. The GP just says NO to that genre

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0aVBFmZTU7NwhHBfMh6Q

4 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Then you also know the song your fave did to that Charlie's Angels reboot or the other song your fave did to the Beauty and the Beast movie.

ppaFuYQ.gif

And yet she has only accumulated hits and billions of streams since, including helping Gaga score her only number 1 from that album cycle. I only hope Stefani can experience the same kind of success. Better luck next time I suppose 

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

As if jazz albums were such a smash on Spotify. The GP just says NO to that genre

Again, not really addressing the quality of the project but thank you for the graph 

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday

LG7 will smash regardless… i think

Edited by hallucinate
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's just a buzz album, it's ahead of its time, the GP just didn't get it, lack of promo etc

2 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

The little monsters all of a sudden downgrading Harlequinn :ahh: Always getting so cocky for no damn reason, especially after Gaga overtook Taylor for the most monthly Spotify listeners. Also stop comparing this to The Gift, which had like a million other artists on it. The majority of the tracks didn't even have Beyoncé at all :skull:. This is a solo Lady Gaga studio album, and a good album too. 

What difference does that make? There were ORIGINAL Beyoncé songs on it and they all flopped as did her Lion King soundtrack song Spirit released shortly prior and NONE of them did anything to Beyoncé's hit-making status. They all sold less and flopped while her next regular studio album was a hit. Harlequin isn't even fair to compare because it is largely composed of covers and only two original songs. And as the Beyhive have been saying music videos is why CC was front-loaded and the Lion King project had TONS of them and yet it still flopped. And Harlequin has zero. 

Also, go back to that Harlequin prediction thread and most people and Liddos agreed it would probably not be a big hit. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Blue Monday said:

Again, not really addressing the quality of the project but thank you for the graph 

spacer.png

The quality is there. You just might not have enough taste

ppaFuYQ.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrokenMachine said:

The quality is there. You just might not have enough taste

ppaFuYQ.gif

You might have Covid 

spacer.png

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

3 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

Also stop comparing this to The Gift, which had like a million other artists on it. The majority of the tracks didn't even have Beyoncé at all :skull:. This is a solo Lady Gaga studio album, and a good album too. 

Well it certainly is a good album! :gaycat2:

So it should be expected THE GIFT w/ Pharrell, Major Lazer, Jay-Z, Childish Gambino, all big names in the industry, should be realistically doing better than a literal covers album w/ no assists? :gaycat2:

I'm not trying to fight with you here, but this if The Gift a some passion project, clearly like Harlequin is, then there should be NO real commercial expectations for either of them. No one's getting cocky over anything and no one's downgrading anything. How is this comparable to any mainstay pop releases with tours launched behind them?

Whole fanbase was VERY realistic about outcomes the minute those listening party videos came in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

And yet she has only accumulated hits and billions of streams since, including helping Gaga score her only number 1 from that album cycle. I only hope Stefani can experience the same kind of success. Better luck next time I suppose 

spacer.png

Ariana Grande releases soundtracks that flop but that doesn't mean her regular albums flop. Beyoncé releases soundtracks that flop but that doesn't mean her regular albums flop. Taylor Swift releases soundtrack songs and they all flop but that doesn't mean her regular studio albums flop. But when GAGA releases a soundtrack and it flops she's doomed.

You treat her differently and hold her to much higher standards. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

Well first of all I'm not a Swiftie so jot that down 

spacer.png

Got it. The Weeknd's Avatar song can slide, but Gaga is held to a different standard 

The hypocrisy :chick3:

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, UseYourIllusion2002 said:

The little monsters all of a sudden downgrading Harlequinn :ahh: Always getting so cocky for no damn reason, especially after Gaga overtook Taylor for the most monthly Spotify listeners. Also stop comparing this to The Gift, which had like a million other artists on it. The majority of the tracks didn't even have Beyoncé at all :skull:. This is a solo Lady Gaga studio album, and a good album too. 

so it's a good album. And you're jumping to drag it. But fans of the artist are the problem. Got it.

spacer.png

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kudmips7890 said:

Got it. The Weeknd's Avatar song can slide, but Gaga is held to a different standard 

The hypocrisy :chick3:

spacer.png

It's funny because if someone just reads this thread and the ones prior regarding Harlequin there's a clear consensus that A) Harlequin will probably not be a big hit and B) we all want LG7 instead but this is a nice little passion project from Gaga. And it's also completely established that a soundtrack usually flops and does nothing to an artist's status, only if it smashes can it help gain the artist and brand attention and traction but that's a given. So far so good. 

But then we have the Swifties, the Beyhive, the Arianators and the KatyKats coming in and saying "she's over" even though their own faves have soundtracks that flopped and it did nothing to their overall status and they themselves know it and they also know the predictions for this album were low and they also know jazz isn't a streamed genre or cover albums or Gaga's own jazz projects compared to her regular albums and yet they still come here twisting the narrative and making up excuses. They are the ones making the excuses actually, the Liddos are pretty much in line with what they've been saying since this project has been announced but are getting words thrown into their mouths. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Katy did 257,332 partial if you exclude the 3 prereleases. But assuming we count what they would do in those markets within that time frame: 

If they performed similar to the new tracks at ~40k each (this is on the high end considering that's 25% of WW's daily streams) she'd still only be at 370k partial.  

:giraffe: Gaga's won this round.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

It's funny because if someone just reads this thread and the ones prior regarding Harlequin there's a clear consensus that A) Harlequin will probably not be a big hit and B) we all want LG7 instead but this is a nice little passion project from Gaga. And it's also completely established that a soundtrack usually flops and does nothing to an artist's status, only if it smashes can it help gain the artist and brand attention and traction but that's a given. So far so good. 

But then we have the Swifties, the Beyhive, the Arianators and the KatyKats coming in and saying "she's over" even though their own faves have soundtracks that flopped and it did nothing to their overall status and they themselves know it and they also know the predictions for this album were low and they also know jazz isn't a streamed genre or cover albums or Gaga's own jazz projects compared to her regular albums and yet they still come here twisting the narrative and making up excuses. They are the ones making the excuses actually, the Liddos are pretty much in line with what they've been saying since this project has been announced but are getting words thrown into their mouths. 

Agree with everything :heart:

There's too much drivel to counter. Off the top of my head, seeing things like Folklore and Evermore being these "radical" and "non-commercial" shifts in sound are crazy to me. Just too much and I'm just like "really?" They're really pulling at ANYTHING at this point :priceless:

This is just a nice project for us to enjoy. We got the secret project and we got to hear her in her creative bag. It's a good, solid release and most of us fans are really enjoying it. Will it be some evergreen classic? Probably not, but like you said, it's a passion project and we got to hear Gaga in a positive headspace we haven't seen her been in for a very, VERY long time.

I'm going to remember some of these attacks, though! For...future use. :coffee:

• Like 3

Love Gags but let's not blame it on the jazz when the promoted song for the album wasn't even jazz

Also I saw lots of people on socials (rightfully imo) calling the joker a terrible song

Nobody cares about this side project though, LG7 is where it's at and she'll deliver and get her flowers I'm sure :gaygacat4:

2 minutes ago, Mupps said:

Love Gags but let's not blame it on the jazz when the promoted song for the album wasn't even jazz

Well, C2C and Love For Sale weren't commercial smashes, so most monsters already knew this wouldn't be a commercial smash the moment they knew a jazz album was coming

It's hard not to watch the scrambling, the cockiness, the repeated circle jerks, the gifs hysteria, it just always comes back. if you gonna dish it you gotta be able to take it 

ppaFuYQ.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

54 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

NOT THE GRAPHS :bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

It's hard not to watch the scrambling, the cockiness, the repeated circle jerks, the gifs hysteria, it just always comes back. if you gonna dish it you gotta be able to take it 

ppaFuYQ.gif

Shouldn't you be supporting 143? Worry less about the liddos realistic expectations for an album of standards.

ppaFuYQ.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.