Lady Gaga's 'Harlequin' debuts zero songs on Global Spotify | Day 2: 3.6M (-48%)

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• UnRayuki

• Assassin

• KatyPrismSpirit

11 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

You really think 143's streams are something to be proud of? LMAOOOOO Comparing your fave's "comeback" album to a surprise release jazz covers album :bibliahh: 

Who said it's something to be proud of Katy flopped.

Gaga coming off her biggest hit in over half a decade to doing similar if not worse numbers than one of her peers who got dragged through the mud for working with one of the most tarnished producers in the industry is embarrassing. Katy releasing a flavorless flop album doesn't mean Gaga isn't flopping either. Side project or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Because our fave has a jazz-effort side project opening to 7M streams and breaking the record for the biggest opening for that genre while others can't even do that with their regular studio albums. 

1.thumb.gif.a5f74f665f09ef6e121747d0e414

Beyoncé dropped one album and immediately became the most successful Black woman in country music. 

Bey's country effort outperformed Gaga's country effort

Bey's dance effort outperformed Gaga's dance effort

You don't think Bey could throw together an album of jazz covers and amass more than 7 million streams?

• Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, jesus del rey said:

I am on the topic luv

1 minute ago, jesus del rey said:

your fave had to BEG to perform her new songs on a show where no one cared for her hit a nerve? Visit a doctor maybe?

The topic isn't topicing i fear :bibliahh:

Sweetie please wipe the foam from your mouth and meditate, it's not that serious

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

15 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Ma'am please stay on topic and breathe in and out. Thank you!

Side bar: If she was superior, why is she not able to outstream Katy's "flop" album after one day :rip:... DESPITE all her momentum with Bruno and Joker. Lmao

Because the album is basically a two-track release after its first listen since the gazillionth cover of Smile or That's Entertainement won't have much replay value. If there were 13x Happy Mistakes we'd be seeing a whole different picture. If Katy's only two original songs from 911 were Woman's World and I'm Mine, He's His then her numbers would be even more disastrous :rip: 

Edited by Doctor Dick

9 minutes ago, Chris said:

Also, let me ask why does Gaga only have success on the Hot 100 with a featured artist (Ariana, Bruno) nowadays?

Stupid Love debuted at #5 and then it tumbled down the same way Conman Carter tumbled down the charts.

Always Remember Us This Way has over a billion streams, Bloody Mary went mega viral with little push by her label, Hold My Hand and Stupid Love both have over 300m on Spotify… this argument doesn't really work anymore. None of these were monster hits (besides ARUTW) but that doesn't mean they didn't do well.

If we wanna rewrite history and pretend Bloody Mary never happened we can but that'd be a bit odd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well apparently, Stefani's next studio album is coming in February.

We will see what happens then.

The KatyKats getting their pitchforks ready.

5 minutes ago, dopamina said:

Happy mistake 

356 playlists

75m followers

No jazz

No cover

Day 1: 1.1m

Day2: 700k

:bibliahh:

https://songstats.com/track/x4i8at1v/happy-mistake?source=spotify

😭😭I remember when monsters dragged Rihanna bc 'Born Again' from wakanda OST debuted at like #100 with 1.5m streams… mind you she hadn't even announced or acknowledged that song

• Like 3

The 3 Monsters in here fighting for their lives.

Where are the rest of you?

:redface:

• Haha 13

6 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Beyoncé dropped one album and immediately became the most successful Black woman in country music. 

Bey's country effort outperformed Gaga's country effort

Bey's dance effort outperformed Gaga's dance effort

You don't think Bey could throw together an album of jazz covers and amass more than 7 million streams?

Well, that's not true but I won't be discussing this since I wasn't taking a dig at Beyoncé just the user with that avi. 

Beyoncé making an original country record and releasing it as her regular studio album would be comparable if Gaga released a jazz effort as her official studio album with 13 original songs and a lead sent to radio with studio album money and budget. It would most definitely be doing better than Harlequin though. Basically a Cowboy Carter but for the jazz genre. Of course, country is still way more Top 40 and commercial than jazz but you get the point. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The topic isn't topicing i fear :bibliahh:

Sweetie please wipe the foam from your mouth and meditate, it's not that serious

Maybe try reading the whole reply first without trying to come up with a "snarky reply" :juanny:

10 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Well, that's not true but I won't be discussing this since I wasn't taking a dig at Beyoncé just the user with that avi. 

Beyoncé making an original country record and releasing it as her regular studio album would be comparable if Gaga released a jazz effort as her official studio album with 13 original songs and a lead sent to radio with studio album money and budget. It would most definitely be doing better than Harlequin though. 

1. In what way did Chromatica outperform Renaissance? 

- Renaissance outstreamed Chromatica overall 

- Renaissance outsold Chromatica despite Chromatica having bundles. And Renaissance doubled Chromatica's debut week streams in the US. 

- Week 2 of Renaissance outstreamed Week 1 of Chromatica in the US.

- Renaissance had the vastly higher tour gross

- Every song on Renaissance charted

- Renaissance had the higher critical acclaim 

2. I did not make a direct comparison between Cowboy Carter and Harlequin, nor am I asking you to. Cowboy Carter was referenced to make two points: 

A - That it broke its own barriers and had its own records within its genre 

B - That it outperformed Joanne

I don't think anyone with sense should be comparing a studio album to a side project that is clearly meant to accompany the film rather than develop into a fully fledged era.

I do think, in general, Bey's studio albums have more built-in intrigue than Gaga's, and I would assume that all else being held equal, a Bey album will debut with higher streams than a Gaga album. 

Edited by Rotunda
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

😭😭I remember when monsters dragged Rihanna bc 'Born Again' from wakanda OST debuted at like #100 with 1.5m streams… mind you she hadn't even announced or acknowledged that song

:rip:

But Rihanna has that comeback hype over her so that's not surprising. I'm just baffled at people ignoring Bloody Mary and Always Remember Us This Way and all the technical stuff that couldn't make Harlequin a massive album (a cover album of jazz songs with most of the money invested by Gaga and her fiancé with little effort from her label). This is Gaga's passion project, she loves jazz and let her do it. It's beyond clear the label is more set on LG7 and that lead which is why it's coming next month. They clearly never intended for Harlequin to be massive or they would've waited with the lead to LG7 until next year.  

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

1. In what way did Chromatica outperform Renaissance? 

- Renaissance outstreamed Chromatica overall 

- Renaissance outsold Chromatica despite Chromatica having bundles. And Renaissance doubled Chromatica's debut week streams in the US. 

- Week 2 of Renaissance outstreamed Week 1 of Chromatica in the US. And iirc, the US streams alone were higher than Chromatica's global streams (but I could be wrong on this.)

- Renaissance had the vastly higher tour gross

- Every song on Renaissance charted

- Renaissance had the higher critical acclaim 

2. I did not make a direct comparison between Cowboy Carter and Harlequin, nor am I asking you to. Cowboy Carter was referenced to make two points: 

A - That it broke its own barriers and had its own records within its genre 

B - That it outperformed Joanne

I don't think anyone with sense should be comparing a studio album to a side project that is clearly meant to accompany the film rather than develop into a fully fledged era.

I do think, in general, Bey's studio albums have more built-in intrigue than Gaga's, and I would assume that all else being held equal, a Bey album will debut with higher streams than a Gaga album. 

I get it. And I agree about that last point, I don't expect LG7 to have a bigger first week than Cowboy Carter as Beyoncé has proven to be a bigger album artist than Gaga. The only thing to be considered is if the LG7 lead will do better than THE but yeah. 

For some reason the fact that it's a jazz album side project of a soundtrack, we get LG7 single next month, and DWAS is smashing, this doesn't seem devastating 

50 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

oh shut up. hahaha you're PRAYING, in tears, every night that LG7 will be a collab album with Bruno Mars. 

Why do you think Die with a smile happened lol. She knows she will need something to bump those numbers later. 

Especially now as merch doesnt count so much, just some fan packs. 

What a colossal drop from week 1. 

I'm getting so much life between this thread and the Joker FAD box office thread 

:bibliahh: 

keep it coming 

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

Wait a sec, liddos are claimed that DWTS - it's only Gaga achievement and Bruno has nothing to do with the success of this song... so where is a truth?

onmyhotline-diamondsonshine.gif

• Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Because the album is basically a two-track release after its first listen since the gazillionth cover of Smile or That's Entertainement won't have much replay value. If there were 13x Happy Mistakes we'd be seeing a whole different picture. If Katy's only two original songs from 911 were Woman's World and I'm Mine, He's His then her numbers would be even more disastrous :rip: 

Your attempt to cope with this sheer drop is most pleasing to me. Do carry on Dick !! 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

That drop :rip:

Extremely stable which is a very good sign.

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

LMAOOOOO Comparing your fave's "comeback" album to a surprise release jazz covers album :bibliahh: 

Not everyone can have a successful surprise release album :heart:

spacer.png

• Haha 10

It's always JazzGa that brings out the messiest parts of y'all, keep it coming ATRL djxhdnns :toofunny3:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

For all the KatyKats, Swifties, Beyhive and Adele stans:

Cheek to Cheek: 1,800,000 units

Joanne: 3,600,000 units (+100%)

Love For Sale: Less than 1,000,000 units

Chromatica: 3,900,000 units (+290%)

But keep the lashings going tho. Then go on vacation from ATRL next month :heart:

Are we supposed to be gagged by those numbers? :suburban:

Thanks for proving Gaga flops regardless of genre. How versatile of her:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.