Lady Gaga's 'Harlequin' debuts zero songs on Global Spotify | Day 2: 3.6M (-48%)

KatyPrismSpirit

3 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

11 out of the 13 songs are covers of jazz and showtunes. It being on par with some girls' regular studio albums is impressive. Or were you trying to imply show tunes and covers usually smash on the charts? :ahh:

Fun jazz fact. Norah Jones's album, Come Away with Me, is certified 12x RIAA platinum and contains several covers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• UnRayuki

• Assassin

• KatyPrismSpirit

1 minute ago, TayDuaStan said:

So based on what LMs say, we should expect LG7 to debut with ~ 100 million streams & the lead around 20 million… Well, good luck with that :suburban:

Who tf said that? Why are you putting words in people's mouths? 

The only thing that's been said is that Gaga flopping with a project like this does nothing to her status or showcases no signs of her regular studio album flopping. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

More like RideorDie eatin' dust I fear

IMG_0430.thumb.gif.05bfaca1a65c27a5af68c

Oh @RideOrDie catch it

1 minute ago, Stunnah said:

Fun jazz fact. Norah Jones's album, Come Away with Me, is certified 12x RIAA platinum and contains several covers. 

And? That's literally the only jazz album to do that in the last 20 years. It was a phenomenon for a reason. Jazz albums do not regularly smash nowadays. 

That's the equivalent of saying that Shallow was a #1 smash in 20 countries and a Diamond-selling single while Electric by Katy flopped. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doctor Dick said:

And? That's literally the only jazz album to do that in the last 20 years. It was a phenomenon for a reason. Jazz albums do not regularly smash nowadays. 

That's the equivalent of saying that Shallow was a #1 smash in 20 countries and a Diamond-selling single while Electric by Katy flopped. 

No, no, it really isn't. And I wasn't talking about Katy. I was talking about acclaimed jazz singer Norah Jones. You people ALWAYS bring it back to Katy. Haha 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

8 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

More like RideorDie eatin' dust I fear

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Oh @RideOrDie catch it

y'all ain't tired ORODHs, do you need more whacking? did i end you that bad KPS sister? i promise it's all in good fun. worry less about me and more about your panned flop (as OmegaRidley confirmed) fave's alboom

IMG_0430.thumb.gif.05bfaca1a65c27a5af68c9c1d1500169.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Can @KatyPrismSpirit direct this person to this thread?

:ryan3:

To be fair, the digital copies of this could still be decent since the genre of the album does cater more to an older crowd way more inclined to buy it than to stream it. 

KatyClowns really think that Gaga is in the same boat with Katy when she just broke the record for the most streamed jazz album :ahh: She is winning in every direction and I love it. It is not out fault your faves boat is at the bottom of the ocean :ryan3:

5 hours ago, Smarticle said:

JazzGa is in the same boat as Katy

We need PopGa back

I fear the GP has made it clear that they're only here for BrunoGa

:suburban:

3 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

a safe ballad over jazz? you don't say.

you'll have to wait for LG7

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Not when Abracadabra is coming for that #0 debut on the Global Spotify charts 

27 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

No, no, it really isn't. And I wasn't talking about Katy. I was talking about acclaimed jazz singer Norah Jones. You people ALWAYS bring it back to Katy. Haha 

So because Norah Jones' jazz albums with covers did it 20 years Gaga should be able to do that as well in today's climate because user Stunnah from ATRL said so? And it goes back to Katy because as a Katy stan you have no room to talk about flops when your fave's regular studio album is doing numbers in the ballpark of this. Neither can Beyoncé stans who also had a project like this flop and Taylor stans own fave has also released her own fair share of flop soundtracks so this mocking Gaga for Harlequin is ridiculous and desperate.

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

So because Norah Jones' jazz albums with covers did it 20 years Gaga should be able to do that as well in today's climate because user Stunnah from ATRL said so? And it goes back to Katy because as a Katy stan you have no room to talk about flops when your fave's regular studio album is doing numbers in the ballpark of this. Neither can Beyoncé stans who also had a project like this flop and Taylor stans own fave has also released her own fair share of flop soundtracks so this mocking Gaga for Harlequin is ridiculous and desperate.

It's flopping. Just accept it now or the movie's commercial reception is going to completely crush you. There will be dozens of threads about about it saying mean things like 'It was a companion movie to ASIB!' or 'Why did they cast a woman who looks like she cuts lunch meats at the back of a deli as THE Harley Quinn?' or 'Nothing without Bruno or Ariana or Blackpink--2009 fad!'. Unkind people will say things. Best to not get too worked up about the album numbers and the movie or, if you are determined to, just wait until the box office projections come out in a few days and give yourself a little break in between. 

It will never not be funny that certain users on here expected the one millionth cover of Oh, When the Saints Come Marching In to smash on Spotify :ahh:

32 minutes ago, Wookkruk said:

KatyClowns really think that Gaga is in the same boat with Katy when she just broke the record for the most streamed jazz album :ahh: She is winning in every direction and I love it. It is not out fault your faves boat is at the bottom of the ocean :ryan3:

Someone make a thread quick. I would love to hear a "yeah, but that's only a jazz record so it's not a relevant record" excuse in that thread when their logic is that jazz is very relevant in this one. C'mon Liddos. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Dick said:

It's funny the feature means nothing here.

bejewelled.thumb.gif.65879bd77142b3b80cb

Where you here when Gaga fans dragged Bey during The Gift? It was way worse than this, they had it coming. 

4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Where you here when Gaga fans dragged Bey during The Gift? It was way worse than this, they had it coming. 

That was because different fandoms were mocking Gaga's resurgence during Shallow's reign saying Gaga only had that smash "because of the movie" so the Beyoncé attacks were more like proof that being part of a movie and a soundtrack doesn't mean it'll become a smash. 

51 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

y'all ain't tired ORODHs, do you need more whacking? did i end you that bad KPS sister? i promise it's all in good fun. worry less about me and more about your panned flop (as OmegaRidley confirmed) fave's alboom

IMG_0430.thumb.gif.05bfaca1a65c27a5af68c9c1d1500169.gif

Easy now grandpa, you know what they say. There's a fine line between hatred and love, as thin as Gaga's streaming numbers for Harlequin

like you said it's all fun and games 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.