Lady Gaga's 'Harlequin' debuts zero songs on Global Spotify | Day 2: 3.6M (-48%)

KatyPrismSpirit

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

not sure why you're pointing out that it's a JAZZ album as if The Gift isn't AFROBEATS & GQOM music which are more niche than jazz :deadbanana:

whatever the gift's subgenre is, its still contemporary (modern) vs traditional (old) music :deadbanana:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• UnRayuki

• Assassin

• KatyPrismSpirit

I'm only happy this is clearly mega flopping because my friends got all salty at me for saying I didn't really want to hear another jazz/show tunes-y album from Gaga. I love winning!

But I'm still perched for LG7 and the lead next month. This was a cute gift for the fans that got shipped back, but LG7 will be a total collapse :clap3: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I'm only happy this is clearly mega flopping because my friends got all salty at me for saying I didn't really want to hear another jazz/show tunes-y album from Gaga. I love winning!

But I'm still perched for LG7 and the lead next month. This was a cute gift for the fans that got shipped back, but LG7 will be a total collapse :clap3: 

It's not a gift for the fans when her fanbase hates this type of music.

If she wanted to gift us something she could do artpop vol 2 or princess die or original lg5

Dua Lipa's Barbie Soundtrack Is The Standard

:clap3: 

4 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

It's not a gift for the fans when her fanbase hates this type of music.

If she wanted to gift us something she could do artpop vol 2 or princess die or original lg5

Naur, it's trew!

My friends can be as delusional as they want and try to force feed themselves this music, but God forbid someone stans pop music from a pop artist. 

• Like 1

This is honestly a punch in the damn gut. I know the fans have been quite excited with Katys disastrous floppage with Ana cruel album. But please remain humble. We won't speak on that other "companion" album to a live action movie from 2019 either.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Gaga's solo singles this decade - flopped

Gaga's solo soundtrack lead single (HMH) - flopped

Gaga's solo jazz album - flopped

Gaga's solo soundtrack album - flopped

Are we seeing a pattern here?

:suburban:

That you know how to cherry pick?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Burn said:

not sure why you're pointing out that it's a JAZZ album as if The Gift isn't AFROBEATS & GQOM music which are more niche than jazz :deadbanana:

Afrobeats is more enjoyable and fresher than Jazz, that's why it has more fans. They are quite a few modern hits that are afrobeats inspired but I cannot name any jazz inspired hits in the last 10 years. The Gift is also accompanied with a visual album, right?, which helps with its streaming performance.

3 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Afrobeats is more enjoyable and fresher than Jazz, that's why it has more fans. They are quite a few modern hits that are afrobeats inspired but I cannot name any jazz inspired hits in the last 10 years. The Gift is also accompanied with a visual album, right?, which helps with its streaming performance.

The visual that came out a year later after it already tanked..

2 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

The Black Is King visual came a year after the album so obviously couldn't have had any impact on the first day streams. But in terms of long term impact sure the visual helps. But it's not as though Gaga's album doesn't have a whole blockbuster movie tied to it (JFAD) which gives it much, much more exposure than Bey's Disney+ visual.

Anyway, I like Harlequin, I've said in the album thread that it's my fav album from her in over a decade. :heart2:

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

The visual that came out a year later after it already tanked..

no wonder Beyincé said NO to rennie visuals. ha revenge

Starshine

1 minute ago, Burn said:

But it's not as though Gaga's album doesn't have a whole blockbuster movie tied to it (JFAD) which gives it much, much more exposure than Bey's Disney+ visual.

And it's not as though Beyoncé's album doesn't have a whole blockbuster movie (7th highest grossing movie of all time at release, now 10th) tied to it which gave it an even bigger exposure. I forgot the name of it, do you remember :suburban:

Let's hope there's enough feats on LG7 to save It's reputation 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Liafen said:

And it's not as though Beyoncé's album doesn't have a whole blockbuster movie (7th highest grossing movie of all time at release, now 10th) tied to it which gave it an even bigger exposure. I forgot the name of it, do you remember :suburban:

:lmao: Well duh they're both albums inspired by movies but it was that user who was saying that TG had a visual to accompany it as if Harlequin doesn't :cm: especially as numerous Gaga songs are used in the movie whereas only Sprit is used in TLK. Maybe Harlequin streams will improve when the movie is out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.