Lady Gaga's 'Harlequin' debuts zero songs on Global Spotify | Day 2: 3.6M (-48%)

KatyPrismSpirit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• UnRayuki

• Assassin

• KatyPrismSpirit

2 minutes ago, Sharamee6 said:

I don't understand GaGa fans.. So when choke to choke did well, and won Grammys and sold over a million copies.. It was shoved in everyone's faces but the minute she releases a solo jazz record themed after one of the most biggest, most anticipated movies of the year... suddenly it's just a "side project". No I am not a Katy fan. Just saying.

Well... when C2C was launched there was still curiosity in the GP about how would a jazz record from Gaga sound, that itch was scratched a long time ago. Additionally, that album was at least announced and promoted in advance. We are not here to deny that Harlequin's numbers are not good, at least compared with her other albums.

Other than that I agree with you on not being a Katy fan, well done, keep having good taste!

16 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

please we're talking about Gaga, if the album is good it would pull more but it's not good, i skipped most of the record and i LOVE jazz but this is a very weak jazz record, i had to turn on Bewitched by Laufey to recover. stick to pop, she's not a jazz artist and doesn't even fit her.

Did you think Cheek To Cheek was good because that album sold really well? 

57 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Hm, yes, because The Gift which had

- all original songs vs 9 jazz covers/

- contemporary music vs jazz standards

- 17 songs vs 11 songs

- Kendrick Lamar, Burna Boy, Jay Z, Childish Gambino, Pharrell, Major Lazer and like 10 more other artists aside Beyoncé vs just Gaga singing

- a lead single + music video before release attached to the 1.6bn grossing movie having obvious high hopes for the Oscar (not nominated in the end) vs Gaga's album announced 2 days before

is obviously very comparable to HARLEQUIN. :skull: (Btw if we extrapolate the tracklist to 17 songs, it could've done 10.8M)

Ok, let's say both albums had 13 tracks. Even if you only take the first 13 songs of The Gift's tracklist (which happens to exclude "Spirit") - the first day streams would come to 7,138,000 - still more than Harlequin's 7,011,130.

So, what now?

PWUTc1n.gif%20

Also what you have to bear in mind is the amount of Spotify users has increased from 217m in 2019, to 626m in 2024. That's a 189% increase, giving Gaga a much bigger audience. So whatever way you try to slice it The Gift outstreamed Harlequin by 2019's standards, and by 2024's standards.

Edited by Burn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, Burn said:

Speaking of - it's funny to see a lot of them scoffing at The Gift's 10m first day streams here:

I like Harlequin, but LMs - learn something from this.

They just refuse to accept that Gaga is not and will NEVER be bigger than Beyoncé

The Gift outstreamed Harlequin just like Renaissance did better than Chromatica and Gaga's next album won't do as good as Cowboy Carter either

48 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

7m is less than 6.6m now?

it has 13 tracks compared to 143's 11 tracks so yes

take off the 2 lowest streaming ones from harlequin and it's around 6.4M:cm:

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Burn said:

Ok, let's say both albums had 13 tracks. Even if you only take the first 13 songs of The Gift's tracklist (which happens to exclude "Spirit") - the first day streams would come to 7,138,000 - still more than Harlequin's 7,011,130.

So, what now?

PWUTc1n.gif%20

Also what you have to bear in mind is the amount of Spotify users has increased from 217m in 2019, to 626m in 2024. That's a 189% increase, giving Gaga a much bigger audience. So whatever way you try to slice it The Gift outstreamed Harlequin despite a must lower Spotify user base.

That they are both flop albums? I mean, we are not pretending Gaga is unable to flop. Honey that ship sailed after artpop mess lol. The people pretending their fave has never flopped and never will are not the lidos.

57 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

her jazz album outdoing a pop alboom that had 3 singles and VMAs :rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip::rip: i would also be crying if i was a kitkat

Her jazz album which had better playlisting (and TTH) barely outdoing the worst-reviewed female album of all time?  Not looking for the Ma Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa chanteuse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The people in here acting like any artist will perform better with a jazz record. Even if Taylor or Beyonce release a jazz album, they'd probably be their lowest streamed and lowest selling album. There is simply a VERY niche demand for jazz, I hope y'all truly used your brains for a second before laughing 

The fact some of y'all were even predicting this album was going to sell 100k. It'll be lucky if it cracks 40k :deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

Her jazz album which had better playlisting (and TTH) barely outdoing the worst-reviewed female album of all time?  Not looking for the Ma Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa chanteuse. 

#42 on the TTH... give me a break stunnah, it's not like she had 3 singles/music videos and a VMAs medley :bibliahh:and exactly as you said, her jazz alboom on the side outdoing katy's big pop comeback alboom that had so much money put into it. thanks for agreeing :clap3:

Edited by RideOrDie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

the exact same members laughing in that thread now fighting for their lives in this one, the gift outstreaming the clown album, the "b-b-but it's a jAzZ aLbUm" excuse being deployed… one thing about karma 

lanaboards-yikes.gif

The Gift is still a certified rotting BOMB! Unfortunately, you comparing it with a bombing JAZZ album won't help you with your case. Hope this helps :heart2:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, RideOrDie said:

#42 on the TTH... give me a break stunnah, it's not like she had 3 singles/music videos and a VMAs medley :bibliahh:and exactly as you said, her jazz alboom on the sie outdoing katy's big pop comeback alboom. thanks for agreeing :clap3:

No, she just had the number one song on Spotify. Nothing major! Nobody was curious enough to check it out. The cover isn't exactly giving jazz, either. She might have fooled a casual listener for at lest a few songs. But nope.  And now the movie is projected to do 'The Flash' numbers. I'll keep you in my prayers. It's going to be a rough week.

• Like 1

Just now, Stunnah said:

No, she just had the number one song on Spotify. Nothing major! Nobody was curious enough to check it out. The cover isn't exactly giving jazz, either. She might have fooled a casual listener for at lest a few songs. But nope.  And now the movie is projected to do 'The Flash' numbers. I'll keep you in my prayers. It's going to be a rough week.

and i'll keep you in my prayers for LG7, it has been a rough 2024 for you and a rougher 2025 is on the way :heart:

Just now, Stunnah said:

Katy should try to release an album with good songs. With her star power and exposure, if she´s doing "so well" with such terrible lyrics and melodies, imagine what she could accomplish with good songs even if they are covers. I encourage her to release a cover album and see what happens. She will probably have to do it, given that GP doesn´t seem interested in her original material.

I think a Christmas cover album would suit her well. Those songs are not very vocally demanding.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Burn said:

So, what now?

PWUTc1n.gif%20

Also what you have to bear in mind is the amount of Spotify users has increased from 217m in 2019, to 626m in 2024. That's a 189% increase, giving Gaga a much bigger audience. So whatever way you try to slice it The Gift outstreamed Harlequin despite a must lower Spotify user base.

Not you treating a supposed 100k difference as a gotcha moment with all of the other supposed net positive effects for The Gift I have mentioned :skull: I don't even think that 7M (or The Gift's 10M) is an extraordinary (low) number, it's kind of okay-ish, but putting both releases into their relative context, The Gift should have done more than it did vs Harlequin is performing kind of in line with what people w/ media literacy and critical thinking skills would've thought before the release.

Edited by Liafen

4 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

The Gift is still a certified rotting BOMB! Unfortunately, you comparing it with a bombing JAZZ album won't help you with your case. Hope this helps :heart2:

not sure why you're pointing out that it's a JAZZ album as if The Gift isn't AFROBEATS & GQOM music which are more niche than jazz :deadbanana:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stunnah said:

Katy should try to do it as well, it would do wonders for her numbers. She should TRY.

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.