Let us look at the bright side. There is no way LG7 is worse than this :razzle:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 18

Happy Mistake truly is one of her best ballads :jonny:

Lowkey wish it was on the film so it could be nominated for the Oscar

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Starfish said:

Let us look at the bright side. There is no way LG7 is worse than this :razzle:

I would love your reasoning for why this is a bad album. Please share. And the reasoning can't be that you don't like jazz music. I'll be waiting :coffee2:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Troll Idle said:

I don't understand the reactions. This album is actually very much on brand for her.

It's a cute side project. Everyone expecting crazy pop bangers on this album needs to chill this ain't LG7.

i think they are doing it on purpose lol

4 minutes ago, perfectillusion204 said:

I would love your reasoning for why this is a bad album. Please share. And the reasoning can't be that you don't like jazz music. I'll be waiting :coffee2:

Scatting present on multiple songs. Disgusting. 

3 minutes ago, Azealia Banks said:

i think they are doing it on purpose lol

They always do it on purpose with her.

Especially a certain fan base that should be putting their energy towards their fave's COLOSSAL failure of an album instead!

4CIxAWN.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AlGreRithm said:

This is Joanne 2. We need them bops for LG7 :suburban:

I couldn't agree more, I've taken The Joker and Happy Mistake. The rest can be put in the waste basket

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, it is very smart of her. With a #1 song right now and a pop lead single coming next month, why would she release another pop album now? She knows it's not a mainstream project, and it won't overshadow DWAS and it won't be a problem for LG7's lead single aswell. It is literally a "companion" for the movie, and then she'll move on.

I couldn't see 3 different mainstream projects smashing at the same time...one of them/maybe two would suffer. And this being a concept album, very specific, will work exactly as it should. Unless something crazy happens and one the songs go viral.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Joanne>Harlequin>Artpop>>>The Fame>>>Monster>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Born This Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chromatica

:khalyan2:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, YR. said:

How many original songs?

Two and one of them is the best track on the album

• Like 2

Just now, BrattyBottom said:

Joanne>Harlequin>Artpop>>>The Fame>>>Monster>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Born This Way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chromatica

tumblr_o2d4ynSZkl1r90m4vo1_500.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well i'm happy if this is just a side projest. To many pop songs wouldn't be great. This will probably go down as a fan fave album known by no one or maybe even like Homecoming by beyonce. 

i m excited for it can't wait to listen

7 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

Me if I was a bratty bottom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is Gaga's best jazz album. A solo jazz album was overdue and I love what she did with this one. I love how versatile her voice sounds on this record. I can hear her beaming with happiness on this one and her tone wow. Her tone makes me think of the early days but better. Her voice is really aging like fine wine. Also really surprised how soulful she sounds on some of these. She's never sounded better. Some highlights for me:

- Oh, When The Saints - She really brought us to church with this one. Really joyful and fun to dance to.

- World On A String - The production and vocals wow. It sounds so ethereal, smooth, haunting and gritty at the same time. 

- Smile - Love her breathy vocals. The trumpets & French during the bridge and final chorus sound so smooth and ethereal.

- The Joker - She really goes off on this one. Diamond Heart's sister. I love the rock ish production and theatrical vocals. 

- Folie A Duex - Pleasantly surprised she composed this beautiful piece. Works perfectly as an original for the movie. The harmonies in the bridge are beautiful and the orchestra wow. I can see her performing this one at the Oscars. So happy we got an original song. Did anyone catch the take my hand stay (joanne) sneak?:fonso:

- Gonna Build A Mountain - Brought right to church with this one. Soulful, happy and fun to dance to.

- Close To You - So so good. Just a  feel good version that makes me happy. 

-Happy Mistake - One her most best ballads. Right up there with Million Reasons among her most vulnerable and personal ballads.

- That's Life - What a great way to end the record. Such a full a circle moment. 

I liked all the others too, especially That's Entertainment. But sonically the ones I reviewed caught my attention the most in terms of personal taste. This will be a nice addition if she ever does another Jazz show again. That being said I'm ready for LG7 single. It would be so cool if it came the week after Joker 2. That would be 3 Friday's back to back with new music. Either way I can see why some people will troll her for releasing another Jazz record. I really believe this album adds a lot to her artistry and overall journey as an artist. It's 10 years since her first Jazz duet album. She's beaming with happiness on this one and she's never sounded better. The production is also top notch. I'm not sure how the album will be received but it for sure will be appreciated more in the future if people don't already appreciate it now. My rating: 8.5/10

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, BrattyBottom said:

• Haha 2

When Smile ends and The Joker starts playing

ebony-antm.gif

Like that's the same woman singing :tornado:

Edited by Nido
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Starfish said:

Scatting present on multiple songs. Disgusting. 

So you don't like jazz, which I said can't be the answer. But going through your recent posts you seem miserable sweetie. Hope you can start looking at the bright side of life soon :allears:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.