Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

rafael-abc

Wikipedia counts TFM as a part of TF and counts her jazz albums into the same list aswell, hence why they consider Harlequin to be LG8 and ''LG7'' as LG9

• Thumbs Down 3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

Cover albums

Cheek to Cheek

Love For Sale

Harlequin

Problem solved :cm:

• Thanks 1

All these discussions over her albums and projects, lmao. Gaga counts TFM as her second studio album and her next album will be LG7, period. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kimi said:

yeah, lg7 will be out next year and this is like the gift.

it will have new songs, inspired by the film but also covers from it.

Ah thanks for explaining in Beyonce terms. :lmao:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Could be, but then again Madonna recorded album as Breathless Mahone, character she played in a movie, and named the album after that. As far as I know Prince did not play Batman or sang from Batman's point of view. Just saying. 

As a Madonna fan, I'm embarrassed by this tirade. Please move on from 2011.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

The meticulous, layered, self-referential nature of the photoshoot is so fascinating. Like, this is classic Gaga kind of stuff here, it feels almost like watching old Gagavision clips. I think it's also very telling that she referred to this as "LG 6.5" - even if it's largely covers, she views it as fitting to at least some extent within the Gaga main line, as that's a way in which I'm pretty sure she's never referred to the collaborative albums with Tony or the ASIB soundtrack. What an artiste :gaygacat7:

I love seeing a lot of Swifties on board with this new Gaga era. They have always supported each other so Swifties and Monsters should unite :gaygacat7:

• Like 11

I still can't believe we'll have a new album this friday :skull: i missed her so much

• Like 8

Smile is confirmed to be a cover of this

• Haha 14

25 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Wikipedia counts TFM as a part of TF and counts her jazz albums into the same list aswell, hence why they consider Harlequin to be LG8 and ''LG7'' as LG9

Interscope considers TFM a studio album, and Chromatica was marketed as LG6. L4S and C2C are LGTB albums. :gaygacat3:

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

I'm super excited. It's a new Gaga album, don't care if half of it is covers. We get some original songs and then covers but all as a concept and all with Gaga's vocals. She's back :heart:

How many are covers and how many are originals? Are the covers the same on the Joker OST? 

27 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Nobody gives a shxt what Wikipedia has to say. If that's how Gaga considered them to be, straight from the artists mouth, that's what they are. 

• Like 2

I wish the apple music preadd was working :dies: can't wait though :heart:

4 minutes ago, Kern said:

So some tracks are covers? I don't recognize  any 

well Good Morning from Singin in the Rain and Smile from Michael Jackson, Charlie Chaplin, and Janelle Monáe fame I believe

and of course Close to You by the Carpenters!

I don't agree with the Wikipedia categorization etiher lol

TFM is distinctive in its own right and I agree that collab albums should be counted separately

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoAngelus said:

Could be, but then again Madonna recorded album as Breathless Mahone, character she played in a movie, and named the album after that. As far as I know Prince did not play Batman or sang from Batman's point of view. Just saying. 

So Madonna was singing Vogue as Breathless Mahoney, the comic character set in the 30s?

spacer.png

It's an álbum "inspired" on a film, she's not the first to do It, and she's not pretending to be It.

• Like 1

I go shopping and for food after work and come back to this oh my GOOD GOD :duca:

Edited by leightxn

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

The meticulous, layered, self-referential nature of the photoshoot is so fascinating. Like, this is classic Gaga kind of stuff here, it feels almost like watching old Gagavision clips. I think it's also very telling that she referred to this as "LG 6.5" - even if it's largely covers, she views it as fitting to at least some extent within the Gaga main line, as that's a way in which I'm pretty sure she's never referred to the collaborative albums with Tony or the ASIB soundtrack. What an artiste :gaygacat7:

Great observation! 

45 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

Why is Wikipedia calling Harlequin her eighth album but Chromatica her sixth though? What happened to 7?

:suburban:

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

Why is Wikipedia calling Harlequin her eighth album but Chromatica her sixth though? What happened to 7?

:suburban:

love for sale from 2021

10 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

well its not an ep

But it's not original Gaga music entirely. 

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

Stop acting dumb

trying to understand what's with your disgusting attitude here...

be less bitter in your life it makes your skin look better

1 hour ago, Whosthatboy93 said:

LG1 - is The Fame
LG2 - is The Fame Monster*
LG3 - is Born This Way
LG4 - is ARTPOP 
LG5 - is Joanne
LG6 - is Chromatica
LG7 - TBA 

*TFM is an individual era, Gaga said that herself (if its a reissue, the way the sales are counted, tracks, etc is another topic) until gaga says another thing again, this is LG2, I´m saying this since 2009 (that is an independent era)  so idc about anything else  :fan:.

-Tony´s albums are not counted as LG´s.
-ASIB is a sountrack

-Harlequin will be like a sountrack too but with a twist.

thank you for the explantion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.