Chappell Roan on not endorsing Kamala Harris: "There's problems on both sides"

Talento

In recent months, her song "Femininomenon" has been co-opted by Kamala Harris's campaign, as other celebrities including Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Chris Rock, Ben Stiller and Meryl Streep throw their support behind the Democratic candidate.

Speaking to The Guardian, Roan, 26, said she doesn't feel pressured to endorse any one candidate.

"I have so many issues with our government in every way," she said. "There are so many things that I would want to change. So I don't feel pressured to endorse someone.

Chappell Roan has said that her issues with the US government are behind her unwillingness to endorse a presidential candidate in the 2024 US election.

The "Pink Pony Club" singer is one of the breakthrough pop stars of 2024 and is currently touring the UK, with her final two shows to take place at London's Brixton Academy tonight (Friday 20 September) and tomorrow.

"There's problems on both sides", the 'Good Luck Babe' chanteuse said. I encourage people to use your critical thinking skills, use your vote – vote small, vote for what's going on in your city."

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/chappell-roan-kamala-harris-endorsement-us-election-b2616087.html

Edited by Talento
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 17

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• ImpressMeMuch

• State of Grace.

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Stop letting celebrities influence your votes.

i agree, people need to do the research for themselves and vote for your own sake ffs

• Like 7

OMG, can she STFU for once? :biblionny:

2 minutes ago, CakeMeOn said:

She steals her entire aesthetic from drag then insists both sides will be bad when one wants to outright ban it 

This.

• Like 5

Just now, GipJo said:

If she wants to endorse someone with no problems at all she has to look in a utopia world.

no, she has to endorse jill stein

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 14

She's not wrong. The US is ****** regardless, just taking different paths to arrive at the same place: collapse. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 15

She spoke very real actually, heavy on that "vote for what's going on in your city". That's what really matters. I don't think she is a centrist for saying the truth. Neither candidate is good. And Kamala is not going to save this country either, how could she when her and Biden barely made a dent in their 4 years :deadbanana2:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 15

1 minute ago, Arrows said:

This is the final nail in the coffin for me…

"There's problems on both sides"? One side has a sizeable share of people that want to out-law your existence and end democracy. They are not the same.

Are you purposely not paying attention to the fact that millions of people have died and are still suffering because of Democratic American Foreign policy? Kamala Harris has many issues in her policies. 

• Like 16
  • Thumbs Down 18

She's a Jill Stein supporter! Progressive ICON!

• Like 2

Funnily enough, this actually gave Chappell some points in my books :lmao:I find her unbearable, from her attitude to just the simple theory that she secretly hates Ariana given her countless shady engagement on anti-Ariana posts on Instagram. But this? Chappell you may just be braver than every other pop star right now :clap3:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 4

this press run she's on is really damaging, ppl I've talked to irl are starting to talk about how entitled she's been sounding :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well, she's right! The Democratic and Republican parties have been proven to be untrustworthy, corrupt, and warmongering, capitalistic, and genocidal. Really hopes she endorses the Green Party!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 17

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.