Chappell Roan too tired to film a music video. Hopes to never have a hit again

Kern

57 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

It's what the gp and stan world deserves for continuing to overrate and giving these huge life changing opportunities to lazy and ungrateful white girls, Billie, Adele, Lorde, Dua, to name a few. Dropping an album every several years while expecting to be handed everything on a silver platter for doing the bare minimum then complaining about being exhausted and needing a break, when their privileged asses can disappear without making these out of touch announcements…

*****, in the span of 8 years, miss Fenty delivered 7.5 albums, probably over 30 MVs, features left right and center, God knows how many live performances, 5 tours, all that while dealing with the CB shitshow in-between.

And let me not begin with cancelling multiple tour dates for a ******* vma performance… have they never learned the concept of priorities, that's directed to the girls that pulled the same **** as her and got bitten in the ass, these fans you're cancelling on are the ones that will stick around in the future, not the basic performance that will be forgotten in the span of 7 business days, and I'm being pretty generous with the estimation considering the attention span of this generation.

hm why is Billie in it? :skull:

• Haha 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• BrokenMachine

• on the line

• mike_int

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been happening since 2015. These newer girls just arent meant to be huge popstars and thats okay. Its rare to get someone that is hungry and willing to work day in and day out for their career. I cant say i don't relate im lazy AF. :cm:  Its giving

Edited by Onyxmage

Don't know here beyond her hits, but damn every headline I see of her is constant complaining :deadvision:

And people call her the new Gaga :laugh: I like Chappell's music, but in my book she's the new Rina Sawayama... and her Hold The Girl is coming 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

She's just trying her hardest to be "relatable" and omggg soooo anti fame!! She's just a regular girl!

I see right through it she's so fake

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heyromeoready2go said:

lol at everyone criticizing her… when was the last time you had a hit song? A hit tweet, even? Extreme loser behavior. She's could drop off the face of the planet today, never work another day in her life, and still have had more success than every single person in this thread. 

This way of thinking makes no sense, why would we have a hit song? Or tweet? Since when did we become famous? We're literally regular people. It's literally common sense atp, everyone and their mums knows how hard it is to be in the music industry (interviews/behind the music/documentary's so on). 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, on the line said:

She did. She also then was "starstruck" and fan girled to meeting celebrities at the VMAs after calling her fans weird for looking at her in public. 

This girl is one hypocrisy after another. Giving me "I'm voting for Jill Stein" vibes tbh.

Oh...

I do want to clarify I like her music but she needs to understand this is her work - like if you want to be a pop singer, there are certain downsides that come with fame - you still get to reap the benefits

She needs to make a decision if she wants to pursue this or not because people will get tired

Edited by M!X
  • Like 2

The people acting like she only wanted indie success & not to be a household name: she went on tour with Olivia Rodrigo, if she didn't know what would follow that, she never should've agreed to it in the 1st place. If she's this prickly & miserable when everybody's fawning over her, she's not gonna be able to handle when the public inevitably turns on her after the novelty wears off. All the newbies get handled with kid gloves. When there's a new crop of fresh faces on the up that actually want to work, she's the 1st that the industry is washing their hands of

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, SinnerCity said:

Why are people acting shocked that she's dreading being famous and her 'overnight' fame? She was already singing about not being happy in California and wanting to go back to Missouri back in 2020, and that was after she was dropped from her label at the time. Clearly, she was content being this indie act and this sudden rise to international stardom certainly it's not what she hoped for.

what's with this contradiction? Yes she wrote that song in 2020, as you said after getting dropped the First time almost 5 years ago now.

the song is about that experience and she literally sings:

"Cause I was never told that I wasn't gonna get
The things I want the most

But people always say, "If it hasn't happened yet
Then maybe you should go"

like please :rip: this girl was chasing fame hard.

she re-signed to a new label, a whole new label dan made for her to be able to sign her with creative control, toured with Olivia, promoted her album online everywhere, blew up, is lining up every promo spot on the table , yet keeps saying in all of them how awful people that even look at her are and that she hates everything fame related as if she didn't actively seek this. why are some so easy on her? you would think the domestic violence thing wouldve been a big deal but not here that's for sure 

• Like 2

She's just following the archetype of the celebs who were SO different than the Britneys and the Hilary Duffs etc. etc. Like it's nothing new.

But when she says these things it does make me think of struggling authors, especially non-white authors who really do deserve the shine's she's getting and don't because they don't have the white privilege Chappell does.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, M!X said:

I am really confused by all of this, didn't she cancel her concerts to go to the VMAs? Like that would imply she is interested in fame, success, and getting her name out there.

I mean going by what she has said she makes music for the art, not the exposure. She probably had a vision for a performance and wanted to do it there. I feel like its natural for any pop star to want to take the world stage and perform something that they may have even envisioned for their entire ife.

OT: At the end of the day nobody (sans a possible anomaly) on this forum will ever truly know the mental strain that anybody reaching true heights of fame can feel. I know that I wouldn't be in the best spirits or mental headspace after people did things like stalk my family, sexually harass me, etc. To act this way means she genuinely is tired right now.

Edited by Raichu
  • Like 1

I'm starting to really dislike her personality to be completely honest, she may have to turn into someone I strictly come for the music and don't give a **** about anything else because I think otherwise as a fan I'm in for a bumpy ride

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.