Chappell Roan too tired to film a music video. Hopes to never have a hit again

Kern

24 minutes ago, makeme said:

How am I supposed to relate to this when I work and go to school 40+ hours a week. Celebrities whining about their "work" is always so hilarious to me! 

She's also complaining about hoping she doesn't win a Grammy: https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/chappell-roan-grammys-kind-of-hoping-she-doesnt-win-1235777372/

Boo ******* who, mam. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kern

• on the line

• BrokenMachine

• mike_int

Top Posters In This Topic

i stanned her hard at the beginning but honestly she's becoming really annoying

im just gonna let the music speak for itself ig..

• Haha 2

I am really confused by all of this, didn't she cancel her concerts to go to the VMAs? Like that would imply she is interested in fame, success, and getting her name out there.

Edited by M!X
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, shyboi said:

refreshing to see a pop star speaking her mind, she's so real for this 

100% of pop stars feel this way but never say it for the fear of being labeled as ungrateful, they are under the pressure to appear like a boss girl, perfect, humble, energetic, blindly devoted to the audience

There's a difference between taking care of yourself and being strategic with your time vs complaining about how much you dislike the attention and fame in every single interview you give. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, M!X said:

I am really confused by all of this, didn't she cancel conerts to go to VMAs? Like that would imply she is interested in fame, success, and getting her name out there.

She did. She also then was "starstruck" and fan girled to meeting celebrities at the VMAs after calling her fans weird for looking at her in public. 

This girl is one hypocrisy after another. Giving me "I'm voting for Jill Stein" vibes tbh.

Edited by on the line
bad grammar
  • Haha 9
  • Thumbs Down 4

44 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Lazy gen z generation! Where the hell is her work ethic?

imagine prime Britney and beyonce saying something like this 

Girl she's a millennial (I think). She's 26 or 27 

but you are right…our Gen is lazy AF in some ways…like discomfort is just not an option which is kinda cool that this Gen refuses to be uncomfortable but like it's ridiculous at a certain extent 

• Like 5

I feel like she's doing interviews because she has to, not because she wants to. Her going to all of these interviews and complaining is most likely her way of protesting. Tbh I hope she never has another 'hit' either because she's a person who has been very open about her mental health issues and she never wanted the level of fame she has now. 

They'll never make me hate you Chappell!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, xXavril said:

I feel like she's doing interviews because she has to, not because she wants to. Her going to all of these interviews and complaining is most likely her way of protesting. Tbh I hope she never has another 'hit' either because she's a person who has been very open about her mental health issues and she never wanted the level of fame she has now. 

They'll never make me hate you Chappell!

Did someone held gun by her head while signing a contract?

Her album should have been called "brat" , that would be pretty spot on. And deluxe could be called "brat - the ungrateful edition"

Edited by mike_int
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Girl she's a millennial (I think). She's 26 or 27 

but you are right…our Gen is lazy AF in some ways…like discomfort is just not an option which is kinda cool that this Gen refuses to be uncomfortable but like it's ridiculous at a certain extent 

She's 26, which means she's Gen Z. Gen Z years are from 1997 to 2012.

• Like 6

when Lorde did this it was cute because she was a 15yo teenager.. Chappell is almost 30 :coffee2:

"Do you know how hard it is to do a music video when you're this exhausted and burnt?" she told Rolling Stone's Brittany Spanos.

Thought it said Britney Spears for a second there. I really need to get my Britney withdrawal under control :toofunny3:

OT: She's already tired despite only being famous for like half a year? spacer.png

• Haha 1

Now I get why my fave constantly going on vacation 5 times a week instead of promoting her flop album this year

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Now I get why my fave constantly going on vacation 5 times a week instead of promoting her flop album this year

jOzS7pd.thumb.png.35e732f512b3741e8ddc18

Excuse me? Don't be rude?! She also is working on an ice cream brand! So she is working on that and on vacation!! :suburban:

spacer.png

^ of both her saying this sh*t, as well as the 50 million threads with new sound bites  from the same interview that has already been reported on. 

That said, some artists WISH they had their label supplying them budget for mv's. How privileged she sounds, even to just other artists (let alone us peasants). She doesn't even have to put in that much effort, she could do a Lana-esque iphone filmed video. I really feel as tho she is just trying to get ppl not to like her by this point, since she apparently hates fame so much

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.