Gaga Ascends on Spotify Monthly Listeners, Passes Taylor | Update: Gaga Soars Again!

WildAmerican

1 minute ago, Klein said:

Well, back in 2016, Taylor wasn't even in the streaming trenches yet. She was not even on Spotify :suburban:

OT: Congrats Gaga, DWAS is yet another smash hit to add to her name. :clap3: I hope the goodwill will translate to LG7 and not be a Shallow -> Chromatica situation again though. 

Her team is playing this better than Chromatica rollout. They waited too long before releasing Chromatica. Now, they are coinciding the new music to the movie. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TayDuaStan

• Calvin

• Doctor Dick

• WildAmerican

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Now now, don't get too ahead. She will be shaking downwards eventually.

and? :lmao: The point is that she's reaching new heights 16 years into her career. Of course she's bound to fall :juanny:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Solaria said:

80M+ DEBUT FIRST DAY SPOTIFY FOR THE WHOLE ALBUM

ezgif-2-821a6064b2.gif

I love Gaga but didn't Miley also surpass Taylor in monthly listeners during Flowers' height in popularity (which was right after Midnights)? And you know how that turned out with ESV. Let's take it down a notch, shall we? 
:cm:

Edited by TayDuaStan
  • Haha 1

Just now, TayDuaStan said:

I love Gaga but didn't Miley also surpass Taylor in monthly listeners during Flowers' hight in popularity (which was right after Midnights)? And you know how that turned up with ESV. Let's take it down a notch, shall we? 

It all depends on how her lead single performs and if the album is listenable (unlike chromatica). 

One has a single with Bruno Mars (chart magnet) fresh out the oven. The other hasn't released anything in nearly half a year. :coffee2:

Given this fact, this is not the accomplishment many of y'all think it is. :wave:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 24

5 minutes ago, Joey307 said:

She's literally like 100K above Taylor after releasing a single but go off I guess 

And you said Taylor was eons above, so we will go off :clap3:

3 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

And you said Taylor was eons above, so we will go off :clap3:

Well, that hole is not gonna dig itself, so go off sis.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

One has a single with Bruno Mars (chart magnet) fresh out the oven. The other hasn't released anything in nearly half a year. :coffee2:

Given this fact, this is not the accomplishment many of y'all think it is. :wave:

idk why the liddos are downvoting you. We all know this metric is irrelevant (check out The Weeknd's lastest single performance). But I guess some would want to keep gassing themselves up to be disappointed later it seems.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

14 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

I love Gaga but didn't Miley also surpass Taylor in monthly listeners during Flowers' hight in popularity (which was right after Midnights)? And you know how that turned out with ESV. Let's take it down a notch, shall we? 

:duca: DWAS Record of The Year confirmed.

10 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

I'm sorry, but you have to be STUPID to think having the fourth most monthly listeners of THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY ON SPOTIFY is not an accomplishment. Just complete and total coping on your part.

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 9

Just now, Sannie said:

:duca: DWAS Record of The Year confirmed.

I think it's going to win both ROTY and SOTY. 

11 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

okay cool 

utica-rupaul.gif

OT: Two legends. And Gaga only did it with a standalone single.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

idk why the liddos are downvoting you. We all know this metric is irrelevant (check out The Weeknd's lastest single performance). But I guess some would want to keep gassing themselves up to be disappointed later it seems.

You cant say anything bad about lady Gaga on Troye Sivan on this site without at least 10 downvotes. The only singer with 90+ monthly listeners that actually resembles the active amount of people listening to more than just 1 hit song from their discography is THE Taylor Swift. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 23

2 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

You cant say anything bad about lady Gaga on Troye Sivan on this site without at least 10 downvotes. The only singer with 90+ monthly listeners that actually resembles the active amount of people listening to more than just 1 hit song from their discography is THE Taylor Swift. 

Don't worry. We'll be here for LG7 Spotify and HDD thread :fishing:

21 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

14 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

everyone knows taylor is the biggest artist of all time and we're just celebrating gaga being literally the 2nd female artist from her and taylor's generation to reach this :rip: 

why are yall so insecure like nothing is touching taylor and that's set in stone forever and we are all aware of it ffs :toofunny2:

riri.thumb.gif.893afec48d2bc5087cc15092d255aad8.gif

Edited by MonsterNavy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Kinda shows how irrelevant of a metric it is considering how long it's been since Taylor dropped below Gaga's peak daily streams

• Thumbs Down 1

The meltdowns just because another female artist is above Taylor. What happened to female empowerment? spacer.png

• Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

The only singer with 90+ monthly listeners that actually resembles the active amount of people listening to more than just 1 hit song from their discography is THE Taylor Swift. 

Can you point us where Beyoncé is on this list, ATRL user "Fleahive"? Quickly.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.dafda82b38

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

22 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Enjoy your at least 10 downvotes :foxaylove2:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

Can you point us where Beyoncé is on this list, ATRL user "Fleahive"? Quickly.

ezgif.com-gif-maker.thumb.gif.dafda82b38

Can you point to me how this relates in any way to Beyoncé? Quick! Sensitive little monsters proving my point. Let's hope the lead single and album has more streaming darling collabs to carry her success :heart:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 13

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.