ABC POLL: Taylor endorsement has little to no impact on race.

Kingdom

16 hours ago, Rep2000 said:

Yeah, sure. If 406,000 out of 727,000 visits are based on her link alone is "meaningless". But you would rather believe a 3000 poll from a demographic that leans heavily on the Republican side instead. :coffee2:

Yes because polls are actual statistics? 😭 Y'all can downvote me into oblivion but the endorsement will not move this race in any direction. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Rep2000

• elincomprendid

• Doctor Dick

Just now, 45seconds said:

Yes because polls are actual statistics? 😭 Y'all can downvote me into oblivion but the endorsement will not move this race in any direction. 

:clap3:

People might say one thing, but deep down, it's hard to deny the influence of popular artists on opinions. It can be embarrassing to admit that, but we all know how quickly Taylor can cancel someone, or how Swifties tend to follow almost everything she says.

I do think her endorsement makes a small difference, but I don't believe she has the power to change the outcome of an election.

On 9/15/2024 at 9:12 PM, suburbannature said:

The number of people indicating that her endorsement could impact their vote is well above statistical-significance. 

I'm going take this as sarcasm.

8 hours ago, Mean Trees said:

I'm going take this as sarcasm.

Congrats on the literacy 

On 9/16/2024 at 6:06 AM, Kingdom said:

are such endorsements overrated?

I know the writer of the article was asking a rhetorical question, but to answer this simply, they 100% are.

No one's voting for a candidate because a celebrity endorsed them. If Taylor Swift can't do it, no one can.

The best case scenario is that (very) young girls will be exposed to people thinking differently from their parents. And that's inevitable anyway — college, travelling, the workforce…literally having a conversation with anyone different.

The fact 21 per cent of young female voters were swayed in either direction by her endorsement is huge. She isn't the only thing happening in this election there's been so many things going on. If she got 8 per cent of people to change their mind from her endorsement alone in that demographic that's a lot, most people don't care about it as evidenced by the survey but that's not the point. 

Edited by Slap

Edited by Mean Trees

6 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Congrats on the literacy 

I will respond... I may have missed a "to" but I at least didn't confuse the concepts of margin of error and statistical significance, showing a Dunning Kruger issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.