Fortnight hate tweet goes mega viral

KatyPrismSpirit

The fumes over an award that was voted on through Instagram stories, I can't. Not to mention the responses here...Swifties and OTHs alike don't deserve this beautiful hymn.

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nico Robin

• TayDuaStan

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Meev

2 hours ago, Klein said:

It is not a good song. It was not a good lead. And it was definitely not song of the summer. Bashing is deserved. 

That said, when will people learn that VMAs are fan-voted and stop acting like they're in any way shape or form prestigious enough to be offended by the results? :gaycat6:

It is a good song and extremely over hated , but I agree with the rest of your post. 

44 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I mean it's definitely not the song of the summer or of any season :toofunny2:

Agree, but since Espresso was not nominated no winner was valid so it was up for grabs.

not sexless schizo sacrificing their integrity for a cheap dig at Taylor! 

Fortnight remains one of taylor's best leads, and is a cardi gun / wail low ENDER :clap3:

I knew it would be this tweet. I'm in the same boat, have never heard/would not be be to identify this song. 

doesn't change the fact that Taylor is the world biggest artist, but I will say this era is not really memorable at all. 

I mean... true. I love Fortnight I think it's one of Taylor's best songs in years but, this person is right.

Fortnight is a fine song - I happen to think it's her best pop single and it's my most played song of the year - but I can fully respect that not everyone cares for it. I can also agree that its Song of the Summer award didn't make all that much sense; that's an award that I think makes more sense to judge based on popularity and ubiquity. But it's a fan-voted award - what else did we expect when a fan base of this scale is involved? I'm not sure I believe the "haven't heard it" bit, or believe any meaningful portion of people who liked the tweet haven't heard it, but it doesn't matter whether I believe that and I can absolutely agree that it wasn't universal enough to be the song of the summer for most people.

But none of that really matters anyway. A viral tweet releasing frustration at Taylor for simply being constantly present and winning a fan-voted award just doesn't actually mean anything anymore. The action of liking a tweet critical of her is basically subconscious for a portion of that site's users. They'll have another in a week or two. Let them get their frustrations out and move to the next innocuous thing that bothers them enough to express it out loud. And the thing they're complaining about won't go away either - it's basically a stalemate in a battle that never had consequences to begin with.

Hey Siri, play Fortnight by Taylor Swift on repeat. :ducky:

• Like 1

The song shouldn't even be put on that category as it wasn't the song of the summer in any shape or form - so most of all it's MTV's fault.

Taylor would win since it's by popular vote and on top of that she was there to get the trophies in person, so obviously she was going to win regardless.

• ATRL Moderator

Does that person know that the VMAs are fan voted?  

Fortnight isn't for everyone but it's really blossomed into one of my favorite singles of hers.

okay.

maybe if people spent more time voting (and streaming) for these artists they think are more deserving of these accomplishments than Taylor is and less time whining about Taylor doing something, then they… you might you know…get them?

When TTPD was released every body and their momma had something to say about the lyrics, melodies and overall quality of the album but now all of a sudden you've never heard anything from it? atp just shut the **** up :toofunny2: first you needed taylor to show you how to vote during an election and now you need to know how to vote for an award on a dying awards show that panders to the chronically online person that you are?? :deadbanana:

Edited by Bussea
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, By the Water said:

You're not unbelievably chronically online and tapped into pop culture if you haven't listened to the lead single of the biggest album of the year :clack:

ive only ever heard fortnight when ive went out of my way to play the album :suburban:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peroxide said:

Fortnight is SUCH a good song.

Top 5 on the parent album for me… it's ambient, moody, atmospheric and has such a fantastic bridge/build/outro… the hate it gets is completely undeserved.

That being said, Espresso is very clearly song of the Summer.

Co-sign all of this.

• Thanks 1

With Brazil this tweet would be sitting close to or above 1 million.

Fortnite winning VOTY was also disappointing, WCBF was right there…

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Fortnight was definitely my song of the summer I played it relentlessly :toofunny3:

But yeah generally speaking Espresso and Not Like Us were objectively the songs of the summer. Taylor winning should hardly be a shock to anyone though.

Edited by dman4life

Yeah, it was a pretty boring lead single for this album. I thought the music video was pretty cool though. But overall, TTPD doesn't have any smashes. Taylor needs to get out of this phase and serve real pop classics again.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.