Fortnight hate tweet goes mega viral

KatyPrismSpirit

I liked this tweet yesterday and it had like 200k likes, now it has 600k :deadbanana2:

And I agree with this tweet, I've never heard this song, but tbh I don't know most of the songs I see on any Billboard top 10 list in the past two years or so

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nico Robin

• TayDuaStan

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Meev

Chronically online OTHs hating on Taylor isn't exactly new. I know 600k is a huge number, but at this point I feel more concerned if Taylor isn't getting viral hate tweets than if she does.

• Like 1

Chronically online OTHs hating on Taylor isn't exactly new. I know 600k is a huge number, but at this point I feel more concerned if Taylor isn't getting viral hate tweets than if she does.

35 minutes ago, Gelato said:

hm that tweet isn't saying it's bad though, it's saying the song wasn't a real hit outside her fanbase which is true

^^ Espresso was the song of the summer

• Like 1

I mean... nothing said was untrue. And I say it as someone who did listen to all of TTPD (yes, I even sat through The Anthology). "Espresso" was undeniably the song of the summer, but "Fortnight" is good. It's one of the better songs on the album.

well deserved drag 

While we're dragging vma winners that didn't deserve their awards. How TF did Dua (love her) win best choreography over Tate's greedy with that awful dancing in Houdini :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 5

Yeah that was very weird. I've never heard that song in my life either but then again the VMAs are like the People's Choice Awards but make it spicy. 

Some of her stans acting like it's impossible not to hear the song :rip: the song wasn't a hit. This is not espresso

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

You're not unbelievably chronically online and tapped into pop culture if you haven't listened to the lead single of the biggest album of the year :clack:

even if they listened to it they wouldn't remember it... it's not really a memorable song :suburban:

14 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Some of her stans acting like it's impossible not to hear the song :rip: the song wasn't a hit. This is not espresso

Literally.. the song was rejected by radio, it never went viral anywhere and her own fans forgot about it after 2 weeks

• Thanks 1

Don't know how it sounds either. I don't even know if I have heard it or not as I'm not interested in her. I feel like no one really knows her music well outside of her fans

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Klein said:

That said, when will people learn that VMAs are fan-voted and stop acting like they're in any way shape or form prestigious enough to be offended by the results? :gaycat6:

The average person doesn't know how award shows work, in this case people just were surprised at a relatively not very big song winning an accolade for 'song of the summer':celestial5:

• Like 1

And they're correct! Stop giving this woman awards she doesn't need!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

1 hour ago, swifthino said:

im starting to believe that elon started boosting taylor hate after she endorsed kamala because she never had a hate tweet this big and ive been through 2016 :biblio:

interesting i believe it since hes so weird and petty 

can a  chronically online swiftie confirm tho

swifthino

that tweet is correct, lets get it to 1mil

Edited by judasmonster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Klein said:

It is not a good song. It was not a good lead. And it was definitely not song of the summer. Bashing is deserved. 

That said, when will people learn that VMAs are fan-voted and stop acting like they're in any way shape or form prestigious enough to be offended by the results? :gaycat6:

They are not fan-voted. VMA directors always have final say and it depends on who can get the most ratings and who attends.

• Thanks 2

I mean it's definitely not the song of the summer or of any season :toofunny2:

It's not good, let's be honest here. Fortnight is one of her worst singles. The only great part is the last post chorus. The rest is boring. Down Bad should've been the lead. Now that's a great song. :cm:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.