• TayDuaStan

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Meev

"Great"

spacer.png

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Cruel Summer, Anti-Hero are great songs. This one is not. And it was largely carried by her fanbase which is why it was frontloaded and didn't have longevity. And you can't possibly tell me it deserved to be crowned Song of the Summer when it wasn't even smashing in the summer. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 8

I kinda agree tbh 

It's the only song from the album that I actually want to revisit once in a while. (Mind you I'm saying that as a folklore/evermore stan)

You're not unbelievably chronically online and tapped into pop culture if you haven't listened to the lead single of the biggest album of the year :clack:

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 20

Ehh I wouldn't call it great because its nowhere near her best, but I find the hate lowkey forced too. It's a pretty good song. The outro is so heavenly and I wish the entire song gave that vibe. I actually find it better than Anti-Hero and it deserved its success. 

The video absolutely did not deserve VOTY, but who cares that much about the VMAs anyway? It was clear Tay's getting it since she's the one who attended the show.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

i have never once heard this song and i am so unbelievably chronically online and tapped into pop culture

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I think it's a completely fine song...it's not great and it's not terrible, it's just kind of fine.

hm that tweet isn't saying it's bad though, it's saying the song wasn't a real hit outside her fanbase which is true

Edited by Gelato
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

It's actually one of her best songs. :intoit: But people will hear slow song and will lose their minds and start hating 

• Like 5

i dont hate it bc i dont even remember how it sounds tbh so i have nothing to force :toofunny2: only indifference 

• Like 1

It's funny when the tl is saying they've never heard this song before and wondered why it was ever smashing, guess you can't blame it on autoplay or payola,  :bird:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, G.U.Y. said:

No, it's not. The Black Dog should have been the lead single.

:biblio:

OT: It's a godly song and top 3 on TTPD, but song of the summer? It does not give summer at all :suburban:

• Haha 1

Very quirky and not like the other girls. First they complain that Taylor songs are inescapably being pushed on them, then they act like they never heard her music.

The only times I've involuntarily listened to the radio I've heard both Fortnight and ICDIWABH

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Fortnight is SUCH a good song.

Top 5 on the parent album for me… it's ambient, moody, atmospheric and has such a fantastic bridge/build/outro… the hate it gets is completely undeserved.

That being said, Espresso is very clearly song of the Summer.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oh **** that is bad for her. Holy **** people are out to get Taylor now ha. That so many tweets likes. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.