• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Assassin

• 4th Time Around

• Doctor Dick

Wait. I know nothing about boxscores but I've read many times on this very forum that this was going to be a surefire hit and 1 billion dollar grossing movie. Yet now it seems it was a risky project right from the very start. Can anybody explain what happened here?

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

I estimate the budget for this movie in around 135 million + plus marketing 

It has to be $150M+ at least, I think. Apparently the musical sequences had elaborate set pieces which aren't cheap.

8 minutes ago, Assassin said:

It has to be $150M+ at least, I think. Apparently the musical sequences had elaborate set pieces which aren't cheap.

which would come around 200 million, usually marketing doubles the budget but in this case they are probably relying on Gaga and Phoenix to carry the movie in order to save some $$$ 

6 hours ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Their biggest mistake was limiting Gaga's onscreen time. Literally everyone was gonna watch it for her and now even I'm wondering…

no, the joker have a massive fanbase of a very peculiar demographic 

First the circus Olympic performance now this joker movie next the single an tricon of underperformance is here to stay  :sistrens:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

What…who watched the first movie then?

:rip: That's what I was thinking.

8 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Not a 40/50M opening weekend :rip:

That's even worse than what the OP mentioned. We're entering Flash 2 territory here.

A <$50M opening would be a huge underperformance catastrophe, no way it'll bomb that badly. :rip:

They should ramp up the promo.

The GP turned when they heard that most of Gaga's scenes were removed...

That's what they get for tryin to dim Gaga's shine. They were afraid she would steal phoenix's spotlight.

• Haha 3

this easily could've been the biggest movie of the year. the early reception killed its hype. i fear gaga couldn't save the bad writing.  :rip:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dante said:

That's what they get for tryin to dim Gaga's shine. They were afraid she would steal phoenix's spotlight.

wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix himself asked to cut Gaga's scenes, he strikes me as very narcissistic, he knew Gaga would get double, triple the attention and praise 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The level of delusion in this forum :rip:. Gaga has nothing to do with the performance of the movie.

People don't want to see it because it's a musical and people hate them.

If the reviews were good people would check it out. But incels which are the main audience of the first movie are not watching a bad musical. 

500 million for musical like this would be considered a hit. It was never getting to a billion again.

The people at warner were dumb to spend that much money on Joaquin and Gaga. The budget should have been smaller.

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 1

Todd Phillips, how do f*** up this badly?? :ace: From the most-anticipated movie of the year, to a likely underperformance 

0F71A137-BDC0-4F35-902E-925AEAB1911C.thumb.gif.b20897b4cce62c97ba4ead94b839f539.gif

I expected this movie to be a modern Sweeney Todd, then we find out that GaR is barely in the movie, and it's (allegedly) a courtroom drama 

Edited by Reginald
  • Haha 1

Oh it's BAD bad. 

Perhaps this flopping will set her up better for LG7! No risk of overexposure at least :cm:

23 hours ago, 4th Time Around said:

Madonna has never had a successful film career, unlike Gaga. Nor has Madonna's acting been well received by critics, unlike Gaga

Madonna was praised on Evita, get your facts straight.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

4 hours ago, shyboi said:

I estimate the budget for this movie in around 135 million + plus marketing 

The budget for this movie has been reported at $200 million before marketing 

Is $70 million not good? I don't know much about movie openings but it sounds like a nice opening! It should do well throughout October surely? 

Yes Gaga, yes $70m. :clap3: I can't wait to see this movien 

20 minutes ago, Memoirs387 said:

The budget for this movie has been reported at $200 million before marketing 

but aparently the director debunked that claim, so my rough estimate is that it was slightly more than 200 million with marketing included. 

Obviously, in this cases, they always downplay the actual budget to make it seem like less of a failure. 

3 hours ago, Dante said:

I'm a chronically online homosexual and I only found out about Gaga being removed because of this thread.

the mental gymnastics continue.

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dante said:

Sis they started filming in November and Gaga didn't start filming until January. There were already talks back then that this meant less screentime for Miss Gaga. I doubt they deleted a lot of her scenes lol since she's probably with Joker in most scenes anyway.

Anyways this is going to be Gaga's biggest opening and this movie will push her overall gross to 1B from 3 movies. I'm rooting for that Best Supporting Actress nom. She has a better chance in that category anyway. Mostly looking forward to her acting and the music.

8 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

I'm a chronically online homosexual and I only found out about Gaga being removed because of this thread.

the mental gymnastics continue.

The GP is aware that Gaga is barely on the movie. 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.