• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Assassin

• 4th Time Around

• Doctor Dick

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Omg sis i hope youre right. :gaycat4:

I hope this isn't another situation like Joanne, where all the dark tracks with RedOne-American Horror Story inspired tracks were removed. This album looks so promising that Gaga changing direction would be catastrophic. I don't know why, but I have this gut feeling that her next project is going to be amazing and much better than Chromatica and as good as her first proyects or even better and serve magnum opus :heart:
 Hope theyre pressing the vinyls already :gaycat2:

Chromatica was a decent album that could have been a truly great one. I have much higher hopes for LG7 because she seems very proud of it, was more involved in the studio process and the snippets we have gotten are incredibly promising 

I'm not sure whether you guys are just trying to pull a Kukai or are straight up delusional trolls. The OP seems like the ladder for sure. This isn't supposed to be a superhero movie like The Marvels, The Flash, Deadpool & Wolverine :rip: 

70m for an R rated sequel courtroom DRAMA/MUSICAL would be fantastic. I hope it can do that much. Those 100M predictions in the beginning were a bit ridiculous considering the first movie never even got to 100m, maybe the Venice reviews hurt this a bit but we know Joker 1 became a billion dollar picture due to the controversies surrounding it which this does not have. These are A list actor numbers, actually most of those that are considered A list couldn't even pull these numbers.

If it does do 70M this would become the 7th biggest opening in the month of October ever.

Edited by eclipsed

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

MOVIE POISON

:ahh:

Is Taylor Swift. Didn't Cats (also a musical) open with 6 million :rip: and isn't Amsterdam considered one of the biggest box office bombs of all time..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, tost1 said:

Gaga is only in 30% of the movie, if she was in all of it, it would open with 230M...

Remove the 0 and you'd be right :campfire:

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, eclipsed said:

Is Taylor Swift. Didn't Cats (also a musical) open with 6 million :rip: and isn't Amsterdam considered one of the biggest box office bombs of all time..

Yea because a cameo role is the same as the lead female role. Also this is a sequel to an insanely successful DC movie :rip:

Edited by burninredhot
  • Thanks 8

This was bound to underperform when they decided to make it a musical. I think it might still do fine but 1B predictions were overdoing it. I'll watch it, personally.

34 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

Remove the 0 and you'd be right :campfire:

Being a Gaga hater is not a good look babe

• Like 1

It's tracking bad in Canada too for theaters. I think this will do okish but kinda bomb on second week. The new horror film Smile is basically getting the same presales at the theater. 

It'll still be Gaga's biggest opening to date, and her first #1 movie. :clap3:

37 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Being a Gaga hater is not a good look babe

Maybe to the liddos. It's hilarious otherwise 

IMG_20240326_203939.jpg.f889cc55d0e37120

• Haha 2

Hmmmm I was going to see this even though I didn't see the first one but hearing that Gaga isn't in most of it has kind of put me off tbh. I'll see what the final verdict is after the GP has had a chance to see it but....

Not a 40/50M opening weekend :rip:

That's even worse than what the OP mentioned. We're entering Flash 2 territory here.

• Haha 13

This movie will have better legs than the average action superhero movie imo

Even if it does open with similar numbers to The Flash etc. it will still bring in more for its entire run no doubt. 

I genuinely believe the "it's gonna be a musical!! 🥰" turned off so many people. At least for me it did. Even if it's actually not as the recent chatter online is indicating, it'll need to recover from that narrative regardless. 

At the same time, wasn't the original projected to open lower than it actually did? Because a lot of people didn't pre-order and decided to see it same day (the term for it has "walk" in it but I forgot what it is). I feel like this movie is a wild card that can go either way, but I can see it just doing... okay. Not a smash like the first, but not a big/even regular flop. 

Plus, I feel like the sentiment that led Joker to smash might not be replicated this time.

I think people need to touch grass. 

I haven't seen it advertised much. Maybe closer to the release date, we will see a marketing blitz.

24 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

That's even worse than what the OP mentioned. We're entering Flash 2 territory here.

that user is way underestimating this, there's no way it will open with less than 70 million, the final number will be in between 70 and 90

1 hour ago, simplywohoo said:

I'm not that into cinema but is this not quite a lot ? :rip:

Deadpool did 444 million. 

So this is really bad. 

Edited by Shaner69

25 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

• Haha 1

Regardless this is a bomb she will get over it

4 hours ago, Broken said:

Yes. Lol

that's so interesting, I wonder if they get messy about actors / actresses like we do with our mpgs? lol 

Why did anyone think this would ever do better or come close to the first one? It's a sequel that switches the tone from the initial film and turns into a musical, which already alienates a core demographic of the fans of the first movie. Are we being idiotic on purpose, or something? :skull:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.