Update: Joker 2 is tracking to open with 55M+

Lil' Oz

Honestly Gaga's musical comeback is thee priority at this point. The film's success or lack thereof won't impact Gaga imo in any negative sense. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Assassin

• 4th Time Around

• Doctor Dick

3 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

I really waited 2 years for a film that reduced Gaga's screen-time, turned into a musical, and is probably going to make half as much as the first installment. :deadbanana2: I hate Todd. :coffee2:

And she will get all the blame

2 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Honestly Gaga's musical comeback is thee priority at this point. The film's success or lack thereof won't impact Gaga imo in any negative sense. 

Yes it will from a star is born to this

The box office really isn't an indicator of Gaga's future success as an actress. She's clearly cemented herself in that realm and will continue to have a lasting career in Hollywood :cm:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Janet said:

The box office really isn't an indicator of Gaga's future success as an actress. She's clearly cemented herself in that realm and will continue to have a lasting career in Hollywood :cm:

Well Jessica Simpsons Dukes of Hazard also made money and look where her acting career is now

5 hours ago, SharGaga said:

Wasn't her becoming a movie star the priority after multiple flop non-soundtrack albums? I can't keep up with all the flip flopping of this wacky fan base!

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, Janet said:

She's been cast in 3.5 movies in a 17 year public career, she's almost 40 (??), she ain't got much time left to cement this Hollywood career you speak of.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, LadyDiana said:

Well Jessica Simpsons Dukes of Hazard also made money and look where her acting career is now

Jessica Simpson didn't get critical acclaim or prestigious award nominations for her movie and she didn't get an A-list paycheck for starring in a movie, unlike Gaga who not only became the second highest paid actress in Hollywood with this movie (right behind Margot Robbie) but has garnered Oscar nominations as well. 

• Like 1

This is absolutely gonna go lower, it'll be lucky to hit 60 million with current trends 

25 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Jessica Simpson didn't get critical acclaim or prestigious award nominations for her movie and she didn't get an A-list paycheck for starring in a movie, unlike Gaga who not only became the second highest paid actress in Hollywood with this movie (right behind Margot Robbie) but has garnered Oscar nominations as well. 

Thats thanks to connections and her already being an A list superstar...not because of her acting talent. Anything in Hollywood circles can be bought.

• Thanks 3

she's def not going to get a nod for this. Sad how Phillips fumbled this. This is all on him.

Why would little monsters complain about this movie being a musical? If there's anybody who should appreciate the format is you! You're just in it for the numbers and stamp of approval from the establishment smh

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

I was just trying to be shady. You are right, Gaga is on another level for sure

It's the people trying to convince us that standards shouldn't be high and the studio wasn't expecting much from a sequel to a billion dollar grossing movie starring two alleged movie megastars.  

Also Joker is the most successful anti-hero in modern movies, this opening is very disappointing. 

• Thanks 2

The promotion of the film has been a mess. As someone who actively keeps up to date with pop culture, I didn't even know the film is out. Nobody can blame Gaga for that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, Titanbaddie said:

It's the people trying to convince us that standards shouldn't be high and the studio wasn't expecting much from a sequel to a billion dollar grossing movie starring two alleged movie megastars.  

Also Joker is the most successful anti-hero in modern movies, this opening is very disappointing. 

If they were expecting much, they shouldn't have cast Lady Gaga and done a musical that appealed to the bro comic book audience that hates anything that has women in it (look what happened to Star Wars).

I can't with the delusions and the finger pointing. Gaga not being featured as much as expected will actually help the numbers. The bros ain't here for neither a musical nor a female lead. Little monsters would watch regardless of Gaga's screen time.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, LOTF said:

Why would little monsters complain about this movie being a musical? If there's anybody who should appreciate the format is you! You're just in it for the numbers and stamp of approval from the establishment smh

Most of them yeah. But as a lifelong DC fan and teen LM this was a match made in heaven... allegedly...

:celestial3:

I was just at the movies and the trailer played, followed by someone behind me saying "that looks really bad":redface:

• Haha 10
  • Thumbs Down 1

Against a $200M budget? Isn't that considered a massive box-office bomb? Hope it's not true and the movie is a success, but considering the lukewarm reception so far, I'm doubtful. I will definitely watch it in the cinema thooo

On 9/17/2024 at 8:09 AM, Punky Rooster said:

She's been cast in 3.5 movies in a 17 year public career, she's almost 40 (??), she ain't got much time left to cement this Hollywood career you speak of.

You're not entirely wrong but frankly, 40 is proving to be quite young for acting - most actresses now are getting their best roles in their 40s and beyond. The fact is, being an ingenue in film doesn't really equate to substantial roles or long careers.  Jessica chastain for example was 33 when she broke-through.

My main irk is that Gaga's been spacing out roles;  so far, her approach has been to go extremely method for every performance and this isn't really necessary. She can sign onto a film and spend 2 months filming. it doesn't have to be a 6 month ordeal of getting into character....

Gaga will probably have 5-7 films total by the time she's nearing 50 and for someone whose main career is oriented toward music, this is fine. A concise but hopefully rich and diverse filmography.

13 hours ago, babycomeround said:

The promotion of the film has been a mess. As someone who actively keeps up to date with pop culture, I didn't even know the film is out. Nobody can blame Gaga for that.

i guess but tbh...which films as of recent (minus Barbie) have gone heavy with promotion? Gone are the days of months-long film and music promotional campaigns. People only need a few days of awareness to decide if they're going to partake or consume in something....

gaga impact!

still a global box office smash during the lockdown years

Serving 143

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.