• Human Fly

• 4th Time Around

• Nefertiti0

5 hours ago, GipJo said:

DITF - Single

DITF - Live

DITF - Album track

DITF - EP of 5 variants

He has released 8 variants so far despite continues to fall on streaming platforms:dies:The desperation

figting for #14-13-12-11 instead of #15 :ahh:

Edited by Human Fly
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

figting for #14-13-12-11 instead of #15 :ahh:

i hope it will be on autoplay soon so you will be spiraling more 

• Like 4

Just now, Nefertiti0 said:

i hope it will be on autoplay soon so you will be spiraling more 

you want more chart manipulation instead of organic smash? ooh whatever makes abel sleep at night i guess. :gayalipacat5:

I genuinely think this is a bad career path he's taking. sticking to synth-pop/dance like he did with Dawn FM has proven unfruitful, he doesn't have the juice anymore.

He's should've gone back to his R&B alternative sound, his first love and inspiration. Or at least mesh it with pop like he did on After Hours. but even then it would feel like a retread. 

I know he's doin a trilogy but he's just damaging his brand at this point. He's lucky he had the singles from The Idol to keep him afloat.

• Like 9
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

I genuinely think this is a bad career path he's taking. sticking to synth-pop/dance like he did with Dawn FM has proven unfruitful, he doesn't have the juice anymore.

He's should've gone back to his R&B alternative sound, his first love and inspiration. Or at least mesh it with pop like he did on After Hours. but even then it would feel like a retread. 

I know he's doin a trilogy but he's just damaging his brand at this point. He's lucky he had the singles from The Idol to keep him afloat.

I agree and I wouldn't necessarily call that a bad thing, nobody stays on top forever. He's had an amazing run so far. There's bound to be repetition or even a setback at some point. This one isn't lost (yet) and if he gets back on track sometime this era or the next one, he'll kick off a new successful streak. Maybe take some time off and move away from this now tired sound.

• Like 1

I love The Weeknd, but this song could also be on DawnFM and i dont see any growth unfortunately. 

Hopefully the other songs are better!

I can't wait to see your face
Crash when we're switchin' lanes
My love's beyond the pain
But if I miss the brake
We're dancin' in the flames

cpthVq1.gif

Spotify • day 3
#19(-6) Global - 2,767,785
#30(-12) US - 691,552

Unfiltered: 2,949,971

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Haha 3

Even down 11 spots in his own country :deadbanana:  put whatever they have of this song out now and move on ASAP

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify • day 3
#19(-6) Global - 2,767,785
#30(-12) US - 691,552

When that autoplay you speak happening sis? You were so confident and proud of his chart manipulation and cheap tactics. 

:gaynetcat4:

Honestly, what he deserves… We wanted that Anitta collab, not this mess :suburban:

2 hours ago, starboy1 said:

One of the girls outstream.. 

and the show was panned the audience wants more R&B songs. 

I think he did a massive mistake 

He should have released Sao Paolo straight after the concert and the full album last Friday and send this to radio and whatever happens 

He could have had a big album debut , Sao Paolo would give a huge boost and this would have been a slow radio burner 

Now im afraid he is going to flop hard ( for his standards ) 

• Confused 1

The way babygirl just gets more and more uninteresting. At least he's retiring "The Weeknd" because I think he has potential to do much more exciting things as Abel Tesfaye, it's been time for that and I think he should have closed this era with Dawn FM instead of this album. The aesthetic, themes, etc. are boring atp. Nonetheless the music is not bad and it never really is with him.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, West Coast said:

I can't wait to see your face
Crash when we're switchin' lanes
My love's beyond the pain
But if I miss the brake
We're dancin' in the flames

As someone who has loved most of his output, these lyrics alone are evidence that he's getting repetitive. These type of lyrics are so Starboy-esque. It's like Ordinary Life part 2. 

If an artist wants to do a trilogy then fine, but that doesn't mean keep the exact same sound. It really make sense why After Hours and Dawn FM were sonically different, but DITF sounds no different than Dawn. 

Even if he slightly went back to his darker sound it would be enough to feel fresh. 

this isn't bad but it really is just…..there like :rip: hope the album has a lot more to offer

• Confused 1

This is so soulless and gives album track :rip:

After Hours was so innovative and a blend of his old style with the new, and while there's a 2-3 songs on Dawn FM that have that too everything since has been a dud to me. He is far too focused on numbers and not on artistry and it shows. Maybe he has nothing to really talk about and is just relying on Max for most of this. Either way as a fan, he's been losing me for the last few years.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well, I personally really liked it. I just find his voice so soothing and I'm a sucker for his lyrics. :heart2:

• Like 4

India

YT - #2 11.4M in 2days

AM - #101?

Spotify - N/A

iTunes - #179

Shazam - N/A

Brazil

YT - #1 5.16M in 2days

AM - #101?

Spotify - N/A

iTunes - #2

Shazam - #198

Mexico

YT - #1 4.91M in 2days

AM - #116

Spotify - N/A

iTunes - #2

Shazam - N/A

Germany

YT - #1 888k in 2days

AM - #101?

Spotify - N/A

iTunes - #4

Shazam - #25

What exactly are they tryin to achieve here.. this kind of fraudulence just ruined my growing vibe for the song

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.