The Weeknd - "Dancing In The Flames"

JDC

yeah I do agree it won't pull up big numbers on Spotify following its reception on YT and AM

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starboy1

• Human Fly

• 4th Time Around

• Nefertiti0

20 minutes ago, Mariah4life said:

The people who said this sounds like We Can't Be Friends at parts, now I can't unhear it 💀

that's the only thing i can hear it's unbearable, and we can't be friends was already not fresh, the only thing that has kept it afloat was the story and the lyrics. he doesn't have that with these chatgpt lyrics like honestly if i knew how to change my description and remove him i would lol

Love him but this is a tad underwhelming but the album has some amazing songs…that one São Paulo sounds so sexy 

I like this more than WCBF but I didn't like that song much so 

:suburban:

I like it, but all I ear now is We can't be friends mixed with a song by the 1975. :skull: 

• Haha 1

I do recall Blinding Lights being completely overlooked when it was first released and then it became such a mega smasha out of nowhere. :skull: I wonder if that may be the case with this.

• Like 1

He's milking the same formula way too much. There's just so many times you can release the same song.

I'm sure there are better songs on the album. 

His crazy radio deal :deadbanana2:

This will break several radio debut records tomorrow. 

Every big station in US already spinned it more than 10 times and its just midday :deadbanana2:

I havent seen smth like this since Born This Way debut :deadbanana2:

I'm kinda surprised by the negative reception here. This is indeed a safe, "if it ain't broken" choice, but there are also several production elements in the song which improve the formula Blinding Lights brought back from the 80s. To me this sounds like a hit.

That said I agree the live version was better and I kinda convinced myself the acoustic snippet from the other day would be the outro...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Burn said:

I do recall Blinding Lights being completely overlooked when it was first released and then it became such a mega smasha out of nowhere. :skull: I wonder if that may be the case with this.

Doubt it

In Your Eyes flop

Take My Breath flop

Sacrifice flop 

All sonically similar to Blinding Lights

1 hour ago, Burn said:

And atrl hate it too.

I do found this sound from him reductive tho.

I wish he would have done 80s but rock music in the vein of the cure or dream pop. Not synth music again

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Not that it matters but Heartless was the lead to After Hours, not BL

I actually wanted him to go down the Heartless route again, I'm a little tired of the pop/synthy sound :gaycat6: I even liked The Idol songs too if he wanted to do a "Popular" type of pop song.

I'm so not into R&B or trap songs in general, but songs like Heartless and Party Monster are still on repeat on my side 

Pop/synth songs are so good tho when they are well done but Dancing In the Flames feels uninspired while BL and TMB were so much accomplish 

Edited by MP3
  • Like 1

Hmm this feels like a lousy blinding lights. It's still of course not a bad song, and I love this style for The Weeknd; but it doesn't have the same magic as BL. Wished he did something else for the lead. 

Not defending this song but it is funny to see people say they wanted something on BL's level considering how BL was dragged when it came out :redface:

I'm having such a weird time with this song. Objectively it's just not bad, not great, it's okay to good. I listen to it for about 3 times then it annoys me even though it sounds great on those first three listens.

I kinda hope it flops and he rush releases another single quicK. 

1 hour ago, Burn said:

Naur, BL was one of the songs that introduced that retro-80s/disco revival trend, which was a huge part of its appeal. Then that sound got massively overexposed and people moved on.

This will pull a mini-Heartless at best, great debut then plummets off the charts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.