The Weeknd - "Dancing In The Flames"

JDC

I want to like this so bad, but it sounds like the exact same thing he's been putting out for years now :rip:

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• starboy1

• Human Fly

• 4th Time Around

• Nefertiti0

This is kinda not giving, oh well he always has gems all over his album 

Made me nostalgic for Dawn FM; it's fine but is lacking a real punch to make it stand out from the last few album cycles. 

• Like 1

In the small cohort that actually really like this! It feels connected to Less Than Zero, like this one is more positive and sunny whilst Less Than Zero feels more tortured

• Like 2

I can't speak on exactly why

but this feels like it would be a movie soundtrack song from a 2015-2018 coming of age film 

1 hour ago, Baby Judas said:

I don't know what you all are talking about.. but that chorus is giving me this exact feeling.

Same.

Production being so smooth kills the vibe tbh. 

I needed it to be dirty as hell to give that effect. 

as the results Its just another pop song :gaynetcat4:

• Like 1

this isn't reinventing the wheel by any means but I dig the new order vibe, it's cute

• Like 1

Are we listening to the same song? This doesn't sound like "all his songs" it sounds pretty different to me and I like it

• Like 1

It sounds…. boring

For everyone calling this sound the same, let's keep in mind that this is part of a trilogy album, of course it will sound similar. 

Im sure the album will get more different sounds. AH & Dawn FM are different but at the same time part of the same world 

Anyway… Gooo King snatch #1 :party: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uusagii said:

This sounds like a CHVRCHES song lmao

omg it really does

1 hour ago, Konril said:

Shot On iPhone music videos never looks good. Something about it feels off and uncanny.

some of the slow motion shots look really good but I agree it feels very off and very cheap overall....

So far Olivia has had the best Shot on iPhone MV :bird:

Most artists decline in quality at some point , I like pop abel just as much as r&b abel but this isn't it 

Not crazy about the hook on this one. The chorus is kinda forgettable and "dancing in the flames, it's indescribable" is really anti-climactic. Still, his YT concert was IMMACULATE and very perched for the album. Also a potential Gaga collab as rumored for LG7 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4th Time Around said:

I'm kinda scratching my head that he would go with something like this when we know for a fact there are much better songs on the album. Even this unfinished version of Wake Me Up that leaked awhile back washes this single but I guess he did not want to release it first because the intro is extended

Lead single with a sample from MJ song would be total mess. 

The synth bass that comes in on the first verse is so good, very New Order like someone else said

The chord change under "but if I miss the break" is so good

It's giving summer romance movie trailer soundtrack and that's completely my **** so I'm stanning

I don't hate it, but I expected more. 

I do have faith that the album will be better Abel!

The song is growing on me the more I listen to it.

Edited by Burn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Konril said:

Shot On iPhone music videos never looks good. Something about it feels off and uncanny.

Lose You To Love Me & Look & Me Now actually were done pretty well. They just are good at simple videos 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, frankvert said:

Not crazy about the hook on this one. The chorus is kinda forgettable and "dancing in the flames, it's indescribable" is really anti-climactic. Still, his YT concert was IMMACULATE and very perched for the album. Also a potential Gaga collab as rumored for LG7 

and Katy Perry collab 

I like it, agree with the fact that it sounds similar to his latest material, but still enjoyable, not sure if it's going to be a hit.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.