Taylor hangs out with MAGA Supporters at US Open - the megathread

Teen Spirit

Just now, Dear Reader said:

That would explain why you're only replying an emoji to people proving you wrong. 

No one has proved me wrong though. :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teen Spirit

• PoisonedIvy

• MissedTheTrain

• Into The Void

27 minutes ago, ariananext said:

I really don't understand her. I've always said that as much as I love her as an artist, I just can't get into her as a person, and I stand by that.

When she tries to show concern about anything outside her bubble it never comes off as genuine because you can tell her heart is simply not in it, she really does not care about anything that doesn't affect her, and it's sad.

I mean, on one hand it's the standard approach of a privileged famous person, what baffles me is that the person she portrays in her music seems distant (a lot more sensitive) from this one we see everyday. 

More like the average person? You act like the average person cares about Politics or whose President lmfao. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Teen Spirit said:

I can't give any more reactions today. Y'all are lucky. :-*

We are not surprised, considering you managed to give like 90% of posts in this thread a dislike, congrats sis :ryan3:

• Haha 3

That user going straight to the top posters

family.guy123

• Haha 3

Sometimes I think people just do this because it gets us riled up. I don't think they actually believe the drivel they spew. We should really stop validating them with legitimate rationality and instead turn their toilet bowl threads into the joke they are.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blackoutbritney said:

in this political climate absolutely not 

So if your parents or relatives have different politics than you you'll speak with them again?

• Thumbs Down 3

1 hour ago, MissedTheTrain said:

I kinda wish people would realize the hard truth that....it's likely that you're going to encounter Trump supporters in your life, and you're going to find yourself in circles with people who support him (especially in athletics).  Taylor and Brittany became friendly over a year ago through going to these games to watch their partners who are teammates.  They're at a game.  Sometimes, it's easier to just be cordial and friendly rather than shun someone in public (and I'm quite sure a lot of people having dramatic reactions to something like this would not have those same reactions in their own public lives).

I'd get some of the reactions if she was hanging out with like, Ivanka Trump or Candace Owens.  But this is not quite that.  We know where Taylor (and Travis) stand.

You're right but people wont have this actual thought sadly. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForgottenSoul said:

More like the average person? You act like the average person cares about Politics or whose President lmfao. 

Uhm yes they do? And the average person doesn't cry and claims to be in distress for it either:rip:

Edited by ariananext
  • Like 3

We will forgive Taylor if she announces reputation TV TONIGHT :clap3: 

Until further notice we will only be streaming the Scooter Versions of all her pop singles 

:khalyan: 

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, Teen Spirit said:

Poc, not black. And what does my literacy have to do with this thread? Again, you got called out. Let me guess … you're Asian? :-*

The only one trying to deflect here is you, and sweetheart, as I said before, go gaslight someone your own age, using your ethnicity to justify your ban worthy behavior is both disturbing and offensive to your entire community. And not that it's any of your business, no I'm not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Explain: 

@Dear Reader @The Music Industry

@PoisonedIvy @NewStanner

Why does Taylor Swift hang out with a Trump supporter if she hates Trump so much? Why does she hang out with a woman who excused sexual assault? Why has she not spoken on politics since 2020? Why is she publicly embracing a Trump supporter? 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

This reminds me of when Biden said he wanted to unify the country or bring both sides together. I understand some people go beyond politics. I think we all do but sometimes it's too much, especially when it becomes very personal. I had a friend who was a Trump supporter but when he started mentioning anti-semitism or saying other stuff. That's where I completely cut him off or heard some of my cousins talking about legal migration and all that when they are immigrants themselves. In her case, she probably doesn't care much about politics. Hopefully she'll be able to endorse Kamala like she did years ago.

• Like 3

Just now, ForgottenSoul said:

You're right but people wont have this actual thought sadly. 

I've often found that their frontal lobes aren't developed or they have a severe lack of social etiquette and emotional maturity. 

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

Trump would have gay people and most POCs wiped out if he could, and we all know this

Somehow people think it's okay to be friends with someone who supports a man like him :rip: 

I dont think Taylor is friends with these people? but who knows maybe she is. 

6 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

What exactly was funny about a woman's distress? She made herself very clear in that documentary. The ideologies of the Republican Party are harmful to her and the people she cares about. She has not and likely will not ever agree with those ideals. That's all there is to it. Her political beliefs are transparent, but perhaps you lack the critical thinking skills it takes to comprehend the observable data.

Distress? Be serious she didn't care about any of that. It was just to make herself look good. :coffee: If she cared she would have done much more since 2020 and not publicly embrace a Trump supporter & SA apologist.

The tag and that reddit mention... this is a troll thread :deadbanana4:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

They want to believe that cause it gives them yet another reason to have a "gocha" moment with Swifties and her. They hate her no matter what.

Yeah, at this point I don't really know why I'm still engaging.  Especially when it's impossible to have a cordial discussion without people downvoting every single thing you say, even if it isn't rude or inflammatory :rip: 

1 minute ago, khalyan said:

The issue about the AI image is the most startling for me. For as quick as other artists took a stand against the unauthorized use of their work, her silence has been glaring. 

I also don't necessarily think she's a Trump supporter, but the standard moderate Republican that party used to be full of before Trump took over. I'm not sure if there is any evidence that could be provided that would make me consider her even being a Democrat at this point though. 

Again though, that's one small thing (which speaks more to her fear of provoking people, more on that in the next part of my post) and it heavily pales in comparison to all of the ways she's made it extremely clear that she's a Democrat and stands for Democratic values.  She's voted Democrat in every presidential election since she's been able to vote, and has only campaigned for Democratic nominees.  She's talked pretty extensively about specifically being a Democrat in a few interviews.  

She's been silent about virtually anything other than her own work/tour this year, not just politics. To add context as to why....she's talked over the years about how she is scared to speak out about hot button issues while she's on tour and responsible for millions of people's safety.  That's amplified 10 fold as she's now at a higher level of fame we've seen an artist have in ages, and has even almost had a terrorist attack happen at a show.  She's mentioned how she has to carry bullet wound dressing everywhere she goes, and we've seen how people show up in hordes wherever she goes (including her friends' weddings, her own home, etc), people breaking in to her homes, and she even just had a mass terrorist attack narrowly avoided (which she stayed silent about until that leg of the tour was over, then explained why she waited to speak out....

"Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows. In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to."

I don't think it's fair at all to jump to a conclusion and say "well she's been silent politically this year, so that means she's automatically a Republican".  The reality is....there's nothing that supports that.  She's only ever shown that she's a Democrat through her actions, her money, and her words.  Her being silent this year seems to have more to do with her fears and it just not being worth risking so many peoples' safety.  Even though I disagree with it, I'd even understand the argument of "she's silent because she's scared to lose fans" much more than labelling her as a Republican with 0 reasoning.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Teen Spirit said:

Explain: 

@PoisonedIvy @NewStanner

Why does Taylor Swift hang out with a Trump supporter if she hates Trump so much? Why does she hang out with a woman who excused sexual assault? Why has she not spoken on politics since 2020? Why is she publicly embracing a Trump supporter? 

Not a reddit thread response :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

Just now, Teen Spirit said:

Explain: 

@PoisonedIvy @NewStanner

You're really not worth the time or effort but,

Just because Taylor hasn't publicly said anything about the Trump AI image scandal does not mean she and her team have not taken whatever legal steps were necessary behind the scenes. She will speak on it when she feels the need to, as she has done with other scandals in her life before. She is not obligated to because she did not do anything wrong in this instance. Trump did. And he will, eventually, have to answer to that. 

Who the **** knows anything about Brittany Mahomes. **** her. The only reason she ever comes around is when Patrick is there too, and that's 99% most likely because Travis is inviting him these places. :rip: 

She has not spoken out about politics in recent years to keep her fans safe from political extremists that, clearly, would target her / her fans / her crew.

And lastly, she hugs everyone around her. Because that's what emotionally mature humans do. I probably have coworkers that are Trump supporters, I shake their hands and hug them all the same as I do the Kamala supporters.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Do we even know Taylor knew who this woman was before this photo? 

Do I have to do a background check with anyone I interact in my life before talking to them or hugging them?

:clack:

• Thumbs Down 1

Neither Taylor nor anybody connected with the Chiefs wants to deal with media concocting a narrative that two prominent players' partners are beefing over politics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teen Spirit said:

Explain: 

@PoisonedIvy @NewStanner

@Michael196 @americanlife

@MissedTheTrain :mandown:

4 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

I've often found that their frontal lobes aren't developed or they have a severe lack of social etiquette and emotional maturity. 

Actually, I think it's a reveuse dupe :gaycat4:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.