SB Halftime Show 2025: Kendrick Lamar

taemin

3 minutes ago, Katamari said:

who did you want instead  :deadbanana4:

honestly thought this site had like 6 miley stans max :deadbanana4:

Woulda been cute to have sza or Nicki or doja. Ya know, one of the girls with talent, whether we like them or not. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• liquiddiamonds

• slw84

• El Nino

5 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

I don't listen to pop but thank you for your input 

You were a Lady Gaga stan for half a decade did those poppers melt your memory too 

• Haha 9

Jay Z was hired to improve the NFL image and all of his choices have been delivering. We get the big pop halftimes and we get top of the line hip hop halftimes which, no matter how much you racist twinks cry about it, is still the most popular genre in the US. Kendrick is a legend and his halftime show will be one for the books. You can go back to streaming Ava Max.

• Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Fun fact that user spent the 2010s thirst trapping children on an artists fan forum :foxaylove2:

4 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

You were a Lady Gaga stan for half a decade did those poppers melt your memory too 

not on the same page :ahh: I was at least trying to be vague about which website it took place on

• Haha 3

What a joke. Wanted Miley for this so bad before she gets old and can't perform anymore. Won't be watching

Edited by WeWon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't like how Jay Z and co have urbanized the halftime show. The last four acts have been urban artist. With the latest two being chosen because of viral moments. The show is supposed to be about legacy, not viral moments. The audience didn't care too much for the last performer because he garnered less than 40m views on Youtube. 

Edited by El Nino
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Thumbs Down 7

28 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Woulda been cute to have sza or Nicki or doja. Ya know, one of the girls with talent, whether we like them or not. 

Kendrick outperforms Nicki at any given day. SZA has up and downs. Doja is the only bonafide consistent performer, but she needs more material to fill a halftime beside Planet Her cuts

The female bias here :rip: I don't expect Kendrick to break into a dance choreo, but then I don't expect Miley Cyrus to break into a crazy freestyle with experimental jazz beats either… Men can serve when they want to

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 4

Kendrick gets announced as the performer and all the reaction is about Drake.

The obsession of the Artist of the Decade continues

• Thumbs Down 2

Jay Z really said no whites on my watch. 

Tbh I don't know his stuff, but it's good to mix it up from the usual pop act. 

Edited by Shelter

**** it let's get a full performance of Meet the Grahams 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, El Nino said:

I don't like how Jay Z and co have urbanized the halftime show. The last four acts have been urban artist. With the latest two, being chosen because of viral moments. The show is supposed to be about legacy, not viral moments. 

Urbanized? You mean you don't like that the last four acts have been POC. Newsflash, without Black people pop music would not exist in America. Yes, even dance music.

Okay, I'm about to leave this thread before I say something that will get me banned. I'm tired of flagrant racism going uncontested.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

I can't with the downvotes in this thread :rip: I love Miley but Kendrick is much more deserving of this honour.. also it's not like Miley's going anywhere she can do it in 2026 when she also has an album to promote 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Urbanized? You mean you don't like the last four acts have been Black people. Newsflash, without Black people pop music would not exist in America. Yes, even dance music.

Okay, I'm about to leave this thread before I say something that will get me banned. I'm tired of flagrant racism going uncontested.

I'm a monoracial black person, so please don't start that. I had no issues with the Hip Hop tribute and Rihanna, but urban acts back to back? Why?

Edited by El Nino
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Urbanized? You mean you don't like the last four acts have been Black people. Newsflash, without Black people pop music would not exist in America. Yes, even dance music.

I was going to quote that and say exactly the same. Rihanna and Usher had plenty of pop songs, especially the former. Just because it's not european leaning, doesn't make non-pop. It makes completely sense, since these are the sounds that have been popular in The US for at least three decades and the Super Bowl is an american event

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

I can't with the downvotes in this thread :rip: I love Miley but Kendrick is much more deserving of this honour.. also it's not like Miley's going anywhere she can do it in 2026 when she also has an album to promote 

Miley herself is not 100% performing right now. She has made herself clear a couple of times regarding her current stance on both touring and performing at stadiums. She only left the house to perform Flowers two times and one of them was privately and it leaked. It's much better to wait when she has new material and hunger to perform again. It will be legendary. She's smarter than some of her fans for waiting for that moment, because she won't have a second shot at it

Edited by liquiddiamonds

We've had hip-hop and r&b leaning artists back-to-back-to-back. It should've been Miley's turn. 

• Thumbs Down 7

We've been getting fed with these halftime picks I fear I must be grateful towards Jay Z and Roc Nation for this....the responses from the usual crowd in this forum make it a little sweeter too

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Amazing choice. Miley would eat as well I hope she does it the year after 

2 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I was going to quote that and say exactly the same. Rihanna and Usher had plenty of pop songs, especially the former. Just because it's not european leaning, doesn't make non-pop. It makes completely sense, since these are the sounds that have been popular in The US for at least three decades and the Super Bowl is an american event

The acts since Jay took over

JLo - Shakira POP

The Weeknd POP

Dr. Dre and friends hip hop legends

Rihanna POP

Usher POP 

Kendrick hip hop legend

It still heavily leans pop but as was explicitly stated in this thread, people have a problem that they are not white. 

13 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Jay Z really said no whites on my watch. 

• Like 1

the white gays are mad asf in here and we are living for it :WAP:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

The gays in here fuming AGAIN after last year. It's sending me so much! :ahh: 

Another W for the culture! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

The acts since Jay took over

JLo - Shakira POP

The Weeknd POP

Dr. Dre and friends hip hop legends

Rihanna POP

Usher POP 

Kendrick hip hop legend

It still heavily leans pop but as was explicitly stated in this thread, people have a problem that they are not white. 

No complaints when we had Katy Perry - Coldplay - Lady Gaga - Justin Timberlake - Maroon 5 back to back…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.