SB Halftime Show 2025: Kendrick Lamar

taemin

42 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

next year should maybe be Justin Bieber (as controversial as that opinion may be). He has the catalog, is kind of an icon and has been consistently successful. 

Justin Bieber is the face of early 2010s male pop and is the face of discovering artists through YouTube or the internet. He has spawned so many copycats and countless artists have been signed following his success. He is probably one of THE most famous names overall globally and is a consistent hitmaker. To not give him the Halftime show at one point will be a crime. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wicked

• liquiddiamonds

• slw84

• El Nino

5 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Justin Bieber is the face of early 2010s male pop and is the face of discovering artists through YouTube or the internet. He has spawned so many copycats and countless artists have been signed following his success. He is probably one of THE most famous names overall globally and is a consistent hitmaker. To not give him the Halftime show at one point will be a crime. 

He probably doesn't want it right now. 

He should invite Beyonce to perform Freedom :duca:

• Like 2

To be honest this is dissapointing cause we dont have any pop girls left. 
Miley and Pink are clearly not interested in the Superbowl. Ariana is busy with her projects-movie. Taylor too
There's no else good enough to have another amazing one in a long time
So, the superbowl with the popgirls is basically over :gaycat6: it was good while it lasted. it was a good run RIP :gaycat2: 

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvadaKedavra said:

Miley and Pink are clearly not interested in the Superbowl. Ariana is busy with her projects-movie. Taylor too
So, the superbowl with the popgirls is basically over :gaycat6: it was good while it lasted. it was a good run RIP :gaycat2: 

Sad face react. :'( I feel like Pink's acrobatics would be perfect for the Super Bowl though and she has so many good feel-good songs. She'd be much more interesting than Katy quivering along on that shaky shooting star.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jay07 said:

You're contradicting yourself. Either only his fans cared so he has 129 million fans (which is odd since his album tanked) or he had a lot of crossover interest from people that grew up with his iconic hits from the 90s and 00s. Truth is, Usher was a legacy star just like Justin (whose following album flopped to the pits) when he did the halftime but I don't see you crying about that. I wonder why.

Also, reducing Kendrick Lamar of all people, one of the most acclaimed, respected and popular rappers of the past decade to his beef with Drake is so short sighted and insulting. You need to examine your feelings.

And you're being biased and irritational predictably. 

The fumes in here.

:redface:

People thinking Taylor is going to perform Bad Blood on stage with him.

:redface:

i'm…not upset but I iegit thought it was going to be Miley :deadbanana2: I really wanted her to pull that Hannah wig out the dumpster :dies:

Edited by Bussea

4 hours ago, El Nino said:

I don't like how Jay Z and co have urbanized the halftime show. The last four acts have been urban artist. With the latest two being chosen because of viral moments. The show is supposed to be about legacy, not viral moments. The audience didn't care too much for the last performer because he garnered less than 40m views on Youtube. 

are you afraid of the phrase "black people"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Yay, this is a great choice!  So excited!

2 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

You're right but honestly he probably doesn't want to do it. He has probably turned it down several times like he has Coachella. He just doesn't want to headline :weeps: 

I wanted Miley and it felt like her time, but Kendrick will be amazing :clap3: 

1 hour ago, AvadaKedavra said:

I feel like Miley is still on the table in the future. You're probably right about Ariana not doing it until Wicked is over at minimum. Taylor should do it in the late 20s or early 30s when all the TVs are out and she gets a well deserved break from touring. So yeah Ari and Taylor are both probably 2-3 years out at the earliest.

I could see Billie Eilish or Olivia Rodrigo doing it in 3-5 years' time. 

I also think you are underestimating what a great choice Doja Cat would be.

This makes sense.

Definitely think Harry is ready after his next era. Would love to see Sabrina in two or three years if she continues her HITS run this era and extends it to another era. Other than P!nk and Taylor there really is no other female that makes sense.

JB is a terrible live performer and probably worse now that he's rusty; why are people trying to set him up?

I'm not excited about Kendrick. rap performers don't really do it for me, but Doja is an exception because she's an amazing performer.

I'd rather they go back to the co-headlining performers next year.

HE WILL EAT THAT STAGE!!!

1. Humble

2. Poetic Justice

3. King Kunta

4. Like That (with Feature & Metro)

5. Don't Kill My Vibe

6. All The Stars (with SZA)

7. N95

8. Not Like Us

this is going to be historic :clap3:

Anyone who's still having doubts or meltdowns over this should just see any Kendrick performance on the past couple tours or award shows since DAMN.

Some of y'all are really acting like it will be a similar disjointed mess as the 2022 SB when his productions are very similar to high budget pop shows with theatrics, well thought concept etc.

• Like 1

Why do so many not want him?

He has the hits, stage presence and performance skills. His production is always too notch as well

• Thanks 1

Oh atrl don't make that face :dancehall:

Drake can't catch a break :jonny: anyway my fave rapper and one of my fave artists of all time I'm so happy

Also I saw him live at Summer Sonic last year and I can comfortably say he's maybe the best show I've ever seen, better than anyone bar Beyoncé. He is an extremely talented and passionate performer and you guys are so boring, bland and tasteless with your "who?" and "no one wants this". You don't represent any majority or this demographic lmao 

• Like 6

He's amazing and I'm sure he'll do great! But I wanted it be Miley. Her career is highs and lows and I fear they don't call her when she's in the lows so it could be her biggest shot but she'll live just fine without it, I guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.