• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Broken

• Donquizote

• GraceRandolph

Daily Mail: 4 stars :suburban:

9 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Hard to get a nod from a panned movie (see: House of Gucci)

Yet Gagas acting skills were praised 

Poor haters 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

You're telling me you saw the first Joker and expected Gaga to be walking around in lingerie with pink and blue hair, walking around with a cartoon accent and calling Joker "Mista J" every five minutes :rip: 

like… be for ******* real :lmao: 

No but if you're going to divulge so much from the source material, make an original movie. Don't use characters that have a lot of established lore, development ect and completely butcher them. Make your own characters.

7 minutes ago, narid said:

Shaky, very shaky indeed. :gaycat4:

@Kukai was right I fear

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

She was totally absent in the second(?) act of HOG too iirc, but yeah if the entire last hour of this film has no Lee in it then it'll be hard campaigning as lead. I'm kinda confused because everything from the promo to the billing to the interviews screams co-lead. But then again if Hopkins won with 16 minutes of screen time then Lee has a chance, and Best Actress looks a hot mess atm.

She kinda needed the film to have better reviews to happen though.

:suburban:

Yeah but Hopkins had reviews mentioning how his performance MADE the movie. Gaga is acclaimed, but she's not generating the same buzz. It's more of a she's great in it and on par with Joaquin and both deserved a better movie. Her Gucci reviews were waaaay better and critics called her the soul of the movie for a reason: it was her show. And then she wasn't even nominated 

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 3

I don't mind if Gaga leads or just supports. I want her role whatever it is to be liked so she can keep on booking big roles.

That's the Main thing really.

• Like 2

we finally put a stop to the fraud that Todd Phillips is.

mjisalwaysking-shooney.gif

• Like 1

Just now, JO1s said:

No but if you're going to divulge so much from the source material, make an original movie. Don't use characters that have a lot of established lore, development ect and completely butcher them. Make your own characters.

It's an interaction of the character. Just like Joaquin's joker. Just like Heath Ledger's joker. These all live in their own worlds, so they need to accommodate these characters to fit the tone and direction of the film. Like I don't know what's not clicking for those of you who can't grasp this concept. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ASIB = TF/M

HoG = BTW

FAD = ARTPOP

she is in her flop era

tumblr_n6edjcrVrR1ql5yr7o1_250.gif

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Extremely FAD which is a very good sign

• Haha 1

So the kukai curse was not real after all

Mixed same as the first one and Gaga is getting a ton of praise so kudos to her. I was expected a bigger panning tbh considering this is a sequel to an already mixed reviewed movie.

• Like 1

Kinda crazy that Gaga still gets acclaim even when critics hate the film :rip:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

Yeah but Hopkins had reviews mentioning how his performance MADE the movie. Gaga is acclaimed, but she's not generating the same buzz. It's more of a she's great in it and on par with Joaquin and both deserved a better movie. Her Gucci reviews were waaaay better and critics called her the soul of the movie for a reason: it was her show 

Yeah I agree. The only way I can see the nom happening for her is if the film is a big BO hit and manages to get another BP nom.

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

Just now, Bhabylon said:

It's an interaction of the character. Just like Joaquin's joker. Just like Heath Ledger's joker. These all live in their own worlds, so they need to accommodate these characters to fit the tone and direction of the film. Like I don't know what's not clicking for those of you who can't grasp this concept. 

The concept is lazy box office bait and oscar bait. Heath Leger's joker was actually joker. This is just a mentally ill clown prancing around.

• Thumbs Down 1

The movie is one thing, her acting is another. The first one got harsh critiques but it later got 11 Oscar nominations with 2 wins. And for those who don't know, IGN's reviews are known for being very untrustworthy. Everyone knows it pains them to score anything higher than their infamous 7. Y'all actively find reasons to hate Gaga.

3 minutes ago, Matchatea said:

@Kukai was right I fear

lemme go change my downvote to a heart to be on the right side of history

mjisalwaysking-shooney.gif

• Haha 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.