Joker: Folie à Deux Review Thread | RT: 63%, MC: 54

Broken

16 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

That was a legitimate review in hindsight. ORAS is mediocre as f*ck.

This is true. It's only redeeming quality is the Delta episode because it actually tried something new. :coffee:

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Broken

• Donquizote

• GraceRandolph

I don't think the film will be a big player at the Oscars, at least not in the main categories

It needed great reviews to do that

Does Gaga have an original song for the soundtrack? Maybe that will be her nomination

3 hours ago, shyboi said:

this movie is not for you theater gays, this needs to appeal to a very large, straight, male dominated demographic 

Then they should never have made it a musical with Gaga as the lead if they wanted a huge straight audience and not the gays

I was browsing the news this morning here in Brazil and came across this review:

'Joker 2' has a brilliant Joaquin Phoenix, but a dull Lady Gaga. The pop diva's character has no development, in a slow sequel with bad musical numbers.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/ilustrada/2024/09/coringa-2-tem-joaquin-phoenix-brilhante-mas-lady-gaga-apagada.shtml

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, XDNA said:

Is the biggest critique that it's a musical? 

Nope.

"Unnecessary (long) scenes and boring"

• Like 1

So now we're happy with a panned movie because our fave got some praise for her 5 minutes of screen time? The bar keeps sinking lower and lower :dies:

I already some posts in the previous pages predicting a billion dollar gross. Lets see how that turns out.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Weld_E said:

So now we're happy with a panned movie because our fave got some praise for her 5 minutes of screen time? The bar keeps sinking lower and lower :dies:

I already some posts in the previous pages predicting a billion dollar gross. Lets see how that turns out.

Miss, you're beyonce fan. What do you know about acclaimed movie role? :dies: 

You stan "lions are you with meh!" voice actress. :sistrens:

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 3

You can't give the comic straights a musical :khalyan2:

5 hours ago, bjorn said:

It's 6.1 now :bibliahh:(-1.3)

Update (iMDb score):

5.9 (-0.2) 

Joker (2019) - 8.4/10

oh this is bad...PANNED mess!

spacer.png

Edited by bjorn

4 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

Miss, you're beyonce fan. What do you know about acclaimed movie role? :dies: 

You stan "lions are you with meh!" voice actress. :sistrens:

When did I praise or hype Beyonce up to be some great actress? Stop deflecting. My comment is based on the CRITICS who are mostly trashing it. 

i always assumed the first joker was critically acclaimed, but it wasn't so it makes sense the sequel is doing slightly worse. i blame y'all gays for deluding us into thinking somehow a sequel will do significantly better! :rip:

Venice critics seem to like it though :suburban:

From reading the reviews, it seems the movie doesn't really have a story. It makes sense in a way, after you complete his origin story as Joker, you either show him become a crime lord or fight Batman. Showing Joker in prison is like... what's the point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bjorn said:

Update (iMDb score):

5.9 (-0.2) 

Joker (2019) - 8.4/10

oh this is bad...PANNED mess!

spacer.png

girl its not doing the thing that you imagine in your mind, no one really cares because they're not criticizing Gaga's acting in fact they're saying she saved this movie. So no one really gives a f what critics says about Todd's choices in the movie :rip:

You need to save your energy for something else. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Human Fly said:

girl its not doing the thing that you imagine in your mind, no one really cares because they're not criticizing Gaga's acting in fact they're saying she saved this movie. So no one really gives a f what critics says about Todd's choices in the movie :rip:

You need to save your energy for something else. 

The movie being a panned mess will hurt Gagas chances overall. No matter how "good" her acting is, the movie itself looks like it's terrible. :bibliahh:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Donquizote said:

Venice critics seem to like it though :suburban:

Doesn't matter when it has the worst MC of any Venice movie including that messy Saturday Night movie. 

911.gif 

what does the music sound like? is it good at least? 

8 minutes ago, bjorn said:

The movie being a panned mess will hurt Gagas chances overall. No matter how "good" her acting is, the movie itself looks like it's terrible. :bibliahh:

What did gaga do to you lmao. 

grow up, ur giving pathetic and total boner killer weirdo vibes. :dies:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Weld_E said:

Just cuz ur avatar can't act..

• Thumbs Down 1

As long as it stays fresh and they continue praising Miss Gaga…

:gaygacat4:

9 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

This is giving Gucci to me, where the film had mixed reviews while Gaga was praised. And a mixed score doesn't matter for the award season, look at Bohemian Rhapsody and even the first Joker film :skull: 

I'm more nervous with the GP reaction cause it's def a love or hate film. There's no in between. It will be a mega hit or a massive bomb.

Anyways i already got my tickets for the early première at my local theater and i'm super excited regardless :giraffe:

Is not going to be a massive hit . It's a musical of comic inspired characters 😭

Rise lotus rise, this is the beginning 

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.