Joker: Folie à Deux Review Thread | RT: 63%, MC: 54

Broken

2 minutes ago, DockDock said:

Joker: Folie á Deux' Review Roundup: Critics Say Lady Gaga 'Shines' But the Film Was a 'Waste of Her Presence'

Gaga acclaimed. Movie mixed.

Gaga 1 - OGHs 0

ezgif-3-5b42fdd0d8.gif

Edited by Infernal Paradise
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bjorn

• Broken

• Donquizote

• GraceRandolph

Joker: Flop à Deux

Uninspiring. Monotone. Mediocre. Try-hard. Gargabage.

Edited by Sharamee6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 3

I smiled :clap:

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 4

The movie did look extremely cringe so I'm not surprised, but I can't believe she wasn't a bigger part of it she was literally the only reason people were hyped right? This woman probably had a mental breakdown getting into character only to be sidelined like this? It's officially just a buzz movie methinks.

I have no interest in the joker and have never seen the first one, the whole thing just rubs me as cringe. I'm only going to watch for gaga so I could care less about the ratings, as long as her performance is good and the music is there, I'm seated!

• Confused 1

I guess it's time to remake another Barbra movie.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 minutes ago, crf13 said:

The film's acronym literally being F.A.D. :hoetenks:

I can already see the thread:   "HOG vs FAD… which is worse?"

• Haha 3

Damn and they were already getting cocky and what not!

mariah2003.thumb.gif.14076bc737526b6918e

• Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

ezgif-3-5b42fdd0d8.gif

When you look and see the one or two critics that have said anything bad about Gaga you can just see they are just pressedT gays that stanned MPGs that were popular in the 90s :deadbanana2:

The first reactions to #JokerFolieADeux  are primarily calling the film "divisive. bold. too ambitious. not at all what you expect. great musical sequences. Lady Gaga is generating Oscar buzz." @therealsupes on X

GAGA CARRYING A MARVEL MOVIE WITH HER ACTING. TALENT ONLY. NO FADS ALLOWED!

Edited by Mr. Stratus

31 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

ezgif-3-5b42fdd0d8.gif

the praise for ActressGa she will get roles after roles:clap3:

Will this be the worst rated 1 billion grossing movie?

Would be kinda iconic, ngl

ki9bckf.gif

The trailers alone were terrible

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Did you die with a smile?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

Wait what??? She's not even getting that much screen time?? Wtf is this? I'll leave an hour early then 

She is basically sidelined by the last hour according to most reviews and plenty brought up how the movie suffers because of it (not only because of Gaga absence, but looks like the Plot loses itself too). Sounds messy, but I'll still watch and support. Curious and I'm sure she did good

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Infernal Paradise said:

ezgif-3-5b42fdd0d8.gif

ActressGa always wins :gaygacat4:

54 minutes ago, Doctor Dick said:

Just like you're not interested in hearing that despite its budget (a bit overblown for that type of genre), it did well in terms of popularity as other adult dramas in that period were tanking completely while HoG brought in an audience that typically sat theatres out during Covid which is probably the main reason why the industry as a whole isn't labeling it a flop. 

I can imagine the meeting with the investors. Hey, we didn't make a profit, but it did well in terms of popularity as other adult dramas in that period were tanking completely while HoG brought in an audience that typically sat theatres out during Covid. By the way, we lost 8 figures so none of you are getting any money back. 

Edited by Stunnah
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Poor in denial Britney and mains df

When you look and see the one or two critics that have said anything bad about Gaga you can just see they are just pressedT gays that stanned MPGs that were popular in the 90s :deadbanana2:

GAGA CARRYING A MARVEL MOVIE WITH HER ACTING. TALENT ONLY. NO FADS ALLOWED!

Sis, I know we're all gays™ in here, but it's a DC movie, not a Marvel one

:jonny6:

Still, the fact she's getting praised in the vast majority of the critics is great. Even the bad ones are pointing out her lack of screentime, I honestly expected much worse :rip:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Well, must be your familiarity and affinity to pannage, but Gaga is unscathed here as critics say.

Alexa, play Die with a Smile. :ryan3:

OT: it's like Gaga is vaccinated from being dragged, serving HoG 2.0. At least we know she's still going to get booked in more high profile movies. :heart:

Edited by Ethereaaal
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.